The Official Rebuild the Pistons Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by RipBillupsRJC, May 24, 2008.

?

Should we dismantle the team?

Poll closed Jun 14, 2008.
  1. Yes, we need to trade one starter.

14 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Yes, we need to trade two starters.

18 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Yes, we need to trade at least three starters.

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. No, you're overreacting and need to shut up. All you do is complain and whine.

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. No, they have more time to win another 'ship.

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

You just made a self-contradicting post. You are the true zen master of this thread.
  2. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

If by dismantle, you mean fire the coach. Then HELL YEAH....oh, wait....I don't see that option.

The more and more this team suffers under Saunders, the more he resembles the offensive version of Cola....pulls a great trick out of the bag for one occasion (3 guard set in game 2), and then proceeds to pull it out of the bag every f'ing game until he's eliminated. What an idiot. Perhaps we will be lucky enough to see Dolphin pull it out of the bag again for game 3 and ensure that we go back to BOS down 3-1. Saunders is the equivalent of a Playstation button masher.
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Agreed Low. Totally. On all points. But there were some very easy shots the players missed. No coach can make those shots go in. It's going to take more than a coaching change to fire these guys up and get them focused CONSISTENTLY.

I dunno...things seem stale. They need some changes to get past where they are. Not that making the ECF is so bad every year, but I think we all want more. Whether that's possible, I dunno, but I do know I would take the risk from the perspective of a fan. Now, maybe Joe D. or Mr. D. feel differently judging from their perspective.
  4. NTC

NTC First Round Draft Pick

I think, new coach, and move at least one of the four core guys out (as much as I'd hate to see it, I'd probably point towards Tayshaun)
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Pretty much
  6. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Jeff. Van. Gundy.
  7. Darth Tater

Ann. E. One.
  8. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I agree with you Low on a few points.

Our next coach wil defintely be Michael Curry, all signs point to him because of Joe D denying other teams to talk to him.

I am stuck in the middle of the road on this one. I simply do not see the Pistons winning the Ship this year.

Too much up and down play, Flip's bungling of the rotation, (AA, AJ should be firmly planted in the playoff rotation)

CB, who was not effective this year or the past two years, only this year we can blame it on the hammy.

I will go back to what I have been saying for the past two years, the pistons don't possess the hunger that I see with the old Lakers, old Boston or the Spurs for that matter.

They say all the right things all year long, then lay eggs in the playoffs, this won't get it done.

I was totally against signing CBill last year, I prayed that Joe D would bring in another coach last year, Flip just can't coach the big games.

If we want to get better, I say go after AI, send CBill back to Denver, we need a couple of hungry vets who are determined to get the ring before going out.

AI will play his tail off, hurt or no.
  9. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Armygirl, you are an asset to the forum.

And I'm not just saying this because I am intoxicated, and this is memorial day. :)

Thank you for your contributions to the forum, and our country!
  10. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Before "posting anything meaningful" is how I should have phrased it. But good catch. :pound:
  11. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

If anything, Van Gundy would be great comic relief. The dude is hilarious on television.
  12. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

JVG doesn't pull punches, and he is downright hilarious...

But what is the over/under on Sheed going Sprewell on him before the all-star break for speaking his mind?
  13. Darth Tater

Armygirl, lpgrl26, Aurora...notice how the female posters usually tend to make lots of sense?

Come on guys...step it up! :stirthepot::MusicBigGrin:
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Don't leave yourself out of the group, Tater.... :pound::pound::pound::pound:
  15. Darth Tater

I only think and dress like them...
  16. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I love it! :pound:
  17. armygirl

Thank you Cloudwalker. After today and looking back on the friends that I have lost as well as those who have lost limbs, suffers from PTSD, i.e it makes you so grateful for what we have.

That's why when I went to the game and I see guys making millions of dollars for a 3 hour job and don't put in 100% effort, it's the fans, their source of support that gets the crap end of the stick. Where is the accountabilty?, well it starts with leadership who is responsible for preparing their team for battle.

If things ain't quite right, as leaders (coaches) and veteran players they need to learn how to adjust fire.

To actually sit in that arena with the crowd as electric as you can get, the players played with no energy and appeared to me that they would have rather been anywhere besides the Palace of Auburn Hills.
  18. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I have seen more than a few boys sent overseas and seen them return as men with near death stories to tell, along with injuries from being blown up multiple times that will never go away....words cannot express the feelings I have for all of you.

To see you still posting is truly a treasure to me...seriously.
  19. armygirl

I Love You CloudWalker, I remember when I was in the sandbox and reading all your funny posts during that time.

Working those long 12 hour shifts back in 2003, reading your posts on
    detnews was soooo refreshing, and it made my long tour in Bagdad go a lot faster because each night when I went on duty, I pulled up the detnews and read. Listening to the mortars in the distance just didn't seem quite as difficult to take.

Thank you so very much for making me laugh during those times. I am getting teary eyed just thinking about it.
  20. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I'm so glad I could help you cope with those times.