The Official Rebuild the Pistons Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by RipBillupsRJC, May 24, 2008.

?

Should we dismantle the team?

Poll closed Jun 14, 2008.
  1. Yes, we need to trade one starter.

14 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Yes, we need to trade two starters.

18 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Yes, we need to trade at least three starters.

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. No, you're overreacting and need to shut up. All you do is complain and whine.

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. No, they have more time to win another 'ship.

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You forgot "...and can fly"

2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

His decision making left with LB. Will a tougher coach make him better? Who knows at this point, but i don't see Joe D trading him.

3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

CB is not Kobe, he can't take over every game, he needs better supporting cast than Kobe, and lack of it is not CB's fault.

4. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Ideal Roster:

Starters:

PG - CB
    SG - Rip
    SF - Tayshaun
    PF - Maxiell
    C - Camby (In a trade for Sheed)

Bench:

Stuckey
    Dyess
    Finley (sign him as a free agent for experience and shooting)
    Re-sign Hayes?
    Amir
    Afflalo
    Samb will probably stay a bench warmer
    ???

5. NTC

NTC First Round Draft Pick

I like the idea of signing Finley, although would we have enough to sign him?

6. DeetroitDynasty-e

DeetroitDynasty-e First Round Draft Pick

Here are some trade options I think we should consider:

1. Rip + Dyes to Houston for T-Mac. T-Mac has had trouble in the playoffs, but he has never had the type of support we would provide. He is running out of time and has that fire that Dyes has--only he has more skill to harness it. This trade also facilitates the development of Amir and gives Tayshaun rest where T-mac can shift to SF with Billups and Stuckey manning the guard spots. RealGM: Trade Checker

2. Sheed to New Orleans for Tyson Chandler. This is a no-brainer for us, the question would be why NO would pull the trigger on it. I think that NO would like to get to the promised land, and Sheed would give them a veteran presence with very good defense on Duncan and better offensive skill than Chandler.
    RealGM: Trade Checker

3. Sheed to NYC for Zach Randolph. This trade is basically the opposite of the Chandler trade. You trade for Chandler for a strong defender with garbage-type offense, you trade for Randolph for strong offense with garbage-type defense. I don't think this is a good trade, though his numbers are impressive.

4. Sheed to Phila for Dalembert. Depends on what Philly wants to do, but if they want cap space sooner than later and if we sweeten the deal with picks or whatever else they need it could work. I think Dalembert and his defense would work well in our system.

5. Sheed to Pheonix for Stoudemire. If the Suns want to win now, then a Sheed and Shaq front court would be intimidating and could be great. Then again Shaq is aging and not so great. Also, if there is truth to Porter getting serious consideration for the head coaching job, then Sheed would only improve the transition to whatever Porter wants to implement. I'm not a fan of Amare's ego, but he does have good athleticism and a strong competitive spirit.

6. Sheed to Utah for Boozer. Stranger things have happened. This may occur as a result of Boozer's "disappearance" when Utah needed him in the playoffs, also if Utah thinks they'll lose him in the next year due to his ETO.

7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It has nothing to do with taking over the game. In fact under LB he avg less points, and played beautifully within a team concept. It could be argued that the problem is that he tries to take over every game.

I'm talking will a stronger coach make him pass more, stop taking stupid unnecessary 3 pointers, and bad shots, and make him play with the team instead of by myself which he sometimes seems like he's doing.

The supporting cast is not a problem. We looked better w/o Chauncey many times in this PO's. It's not because we're so much better without him, but because he in a way thinks he's so much better than the team.

When he's moving the ball, getting his teammates involved, and taking opportunistic or quality shots, he's great. But lately his 4th quarter decision making has been awful, and his defense is becoming a liability.

8. Pistons0809

T-mac is out of the question. He's aging, injury prone, and he demands the ball. He'd never fit in with Chauncey.

Randolph is also out of the question. He's a troublemaker like Sheed, and won't bring much more to the table than Sheed did.

9. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

He had to take risks because there was nobody left: Tay, Dice and sheed had no game and rip...iso is not for him.

10. max

max All-Star

I was thinking about trading for McGrady after Houston was eliminated. They should be very open to deals.

11. max

max All-Star

You know Flip was always getting on him to take more shots.

12. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

boston has hall of famers at 3 positions and are still playing in there prime.... how many do we have... comparing rondo to stuckey is a very unrealistic comparsion to who is a championship pg

stuckey will be great but not ready to be the main cog on the team quite yet

13. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

Point initially was simply that you don't have to have a top tier PG to make it to the Finals. If you put the right people around Stuckey, he will be able to run the show.

My original post had us Trading Billups and Sheed for Marion and Camby. I still can't get over the Marion/ Maxiel/ Camby/ Johnson front line... Maybe the most athletic of all time.

14. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

problem with most these trades.... we don't have piston players as gm's coaching those players... I wish NewYork would have had some real talent to steal before Isiah was let go...

15. hershoreline

hershoreline Second Round Draft Pick

16. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sorry, I can't do it. I want to see some changes made.

17. Pistons0809

(From freep)

They also mentioned something about John Paxon possibly being interested in Flip as a head coach..

If we could move Sheed for Brand or Camby and have a starting lineup like this

PG - CB
    SG - BG
    SF - LD
    PF - Max/Brand
    C - Camby/Brand

I like our chances a lot

18. DeetroitDynasty-e

DeetroitDynasty-e First Round Draft Pick

I think Ben Gorden is small for his position and a defensive liability. If we really did trade for him I would put him on the bench and make Stuckey a starter. Also if you trade for Brand, you start Brand. Max would stay on the bench (in my opinion).

19. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

I want to see changes to be made as well, only pieces I'd keep in the lineup would be obviously Billups and Hamilton.

20. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

I like the idea of trading sheed to ny for randolph I worked out a trade on realgm as well before I got to your post. The pistons are going to have a lot of money come off the books (hunter hayes dixon theo walter) they could make a push for Jamison the only real good unrestricted fa out this summer and have tay come off the bench like a lot of you want. then use our draft picks to finish up the roster.