The Official Rebuild the Pistons Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by RipBillupsRJC, May 24, 2008.

?

Should we dismantle the team?

Poll closed Jun 14, 2008.
  1. Yes, we need to trade one starter.

14 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Yes, we need to trade two starters.

18 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Yes, we need to trade at least three starters.

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. No, you're overreacting and need to shut up. All you do is complain and whine.

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. No, they have more time to win another 'ship.

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

Randolph is a jumpshooter with terrible defense and more attitude problems than Sheed has. He's also a worse rebounder.
  2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What world is this?? Zach Randolph for Sheed??? BEN GORDON for Rip???? LUOL DENG???? We spent our entire season making fun of these guys for being the losers that they are!
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Some of these trades are crazy, especially Sheed for Randolph. Everything that we criticize Sheed for, Randolph does twice as much.

I cannot see Flip and Sheed staying here together. At least one of them is going. If Flip does not leave the Pistons are going to trade Sheed for someone a lot less valuable than him. I would hate to see that.
  4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Absolutely agree himat. Sheed for Randolph is taken a big step in the wrong direction IMO.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Terrible direction. As much as Sheed disappears on offense, he is a consistent defender. If we lose him (we already lost the other Wallace) our defense is going to be very weak.

If the Piston organization still thinks they can win a championship, then Sheed will not be traded unless the Pistons get another all star forward in return. And Zach Randolph is not that forward.
  6. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

I concur, Randolph is a horrible defender.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

And if we complain about Sheed's jumpshots we do not want to see this guy in a Pistons uniform next year.
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

This would be a valid point if he doesn't do it all the time even when his teammates have it going, and you could also argue his teammates sometimes don't get it going because he dominates the ball too much.
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Speaking of Sheed;

Emotion, or him wanting to leave? Obviously something happened before that game. Him not dancing in the huddle was a little traumatizing for me LOL.

Am i reading too much into this or . . . ??
  10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

No it surprised me too. I think that Rasheed has always been a misunderstood person though, so I am going to think differently than most people...he cares (emotion) and he does not want to leave. Most people probably think he does not care about what just happened.
  11. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I think the Pistons should keep Sheed but bring him off the bench. He can provide a spark. He may not want that role, however.
  12. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I think if it got him back to the dance and and he felt like a part of the reason they were there; he would be O.K. coming off the bench. Especially if he thought that gave them the best chance to win.

I think part of his problem was that he felt that some of the things Flip was doing was not giving them the best chance to win. That is why he had a hard time falling in line.
  13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

IMO, this was the main problem. He seemed to eventually lose faith; whether it was in the team as a whole remains to be seen.
  14. max

max All-Star

Why did Sheed have to pick the ECF to let his problems with the coach get to him if that was the case?

They sat down before the season and apparently had worked things out and were getting along all year. You work that hard to get to that point in the post-season only to let it all fall apart.
  15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I don't think it was him having a problem with Flip as much as he just doesnt think Flip has what it takes to coach at that level. And i don't think that perception was any different during the season or from previous years. Just because they got along doesn't change that.

Sheed didn't blow up at Flip, and he didn't blow up at his teammates. He was totally proffessional (from what we know)

This is all speculation. Sheed could have been upset about a million different things and they could be none of the above. He's smart though, and he sees alot more than he gets credit for. I refuse to believe this drama if there was one was all because Rip Hamilton told him to stop hugging KG.
  16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What do ya mean worse rebounder?

Zach's career aves 16.3 ppg and 8.1 boards including 17.6 and 10.3 this past season. Plus I have seen him post up more than Sheed this past season..which would explain why Z went to the FT line 139 more times this season than Sheed

Sheed career avarages 15.2 ppg and 6.9 boards, this season 12.7 and 6.6
  17. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Not many 7 footers could ever possibly be worse rebounders than Rasheed Wallace.

Then again, not many 6'9" 7+ foot wingspan guys can be worse rebounders than Tayshaun Prince.

Then again, not many players can be as good on the offensive glass while simultaneously as bad on the defensive glass as Jason maxiel. :crying:

Yup. its time to make some changes.
  18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I think part of the reason is the success until the ECF's. What can Sheed really do when the team is winning 70% of its regular season playoff games? Nothing. He does not choose to let his frustrations out in the ECF. They come out during the ECF because that is when he gets most frustrated.

As far as Sheed losing faith in Flip...we have done the same thing.