1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

The official Unko Dabunkalogo from the former Soviet Republic of Tajikistan thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Darth Tater, Jul 7, 2006.

?

Should we draft Unko?

1. Yes, draft him

60.0%
  2. No, let some other team make that mistake

6.7%
  3. I wanna know more about this guy first!

33.3%
  1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Should we take a chance and draft this guy?

Yes, Darko was a bust, but this guy looks like the real thing. A friend of mine said he's tough and isn't afraid to mix it up with the best of them. He's an excellent free throw shooter, he's fast, and a really good rebounder.

2. linwood

linwood All-Star

Re: The official Unko Dabunkalogo from the former Soviet Republic of Tajikistan threa

I've heard from my wife's-hairdressers-cousins-babysitters-baby's-daddy who personally walks Joe Dumar's dogs that Unko Debunkalogo can dunk from the 3 point line. Not only that, but Unko can block shots, handle the ball, and make a hell of a Latte.

3. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

one should not forget that Unko has been playing with pro's, with REAL man with his team in the league of Tajikistan. So he won't have the problems other young players who come directly from high school usually have. I think we should draft him, he seems to be great and I can't wait to see him on the ESPN cover.

4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Re: The official Unko Dabunkalogo from the former Soviet Republic of Tajikistan threa

I dunno about this. Sounds kinda far fetched.

No way he can make a Latte too!

5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If Joe doesn't pull the trigger, I hear Don Nelson wants to come out of retirement just for the chance to coach this guy.

6. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

He's tough like no Euro player you've ever seen before. Unko's so intimidating he can shut down the lane with one cold hard stare. Once again, David Stern will have to change the rules to keep scoring up and defend his vision of the New NBA. Looking at another player while the ball is in play is an automatic flagrant 2. If your name is Unko Debunkalogo.

7. Darth Tater

Yeah, Rick Mahorn was saying the other day that he would have been a welcome addition to the Bad Boys. He said "The only guy more intimidating than Unko was me (Mahorn). Even my boy Bill Laimbeer would have lost a couple of teeth if he crossed this dude".

LOL. Mahorn has such a unique way of phrasing things. What a funny guy. Mahorn did go on to express your concerns (you must have heard the interview too) that the Pistons are reluctant to draft him because of Sterns "kinder gentler NBA" and because of the way the Darko stuff turned out.

Anyhow, he went on to say that Dumars is trying to keep it somewhat on the Q.T. because one other team has also been talking to his high school coach.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I had to vote no. He would probably find his time in Detoit to be a nightmare.

9. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think this is a no brainer. Tajikistan is known for producing fundamentally sound players. Name one player from Tajikistan who was not well versed in the fundamentals of basketball.

10. Darth Tater

Well, the thing is...

He actually was born in South Africa. Both parents are foreign diplomats so he's moved around quite frequently. That's why people are just now learning about him.

He moved to Europe (France) when he was 11. He didn't start playing basketball until he was 12 years old right after relocating to Spain. He bounced back and forth between the two nations because he had one parent living and working in each. A couple of years ago they all moved to Tajikistan. That's when his career really took off.

Quite an interesting story. No wonder he is so tough, moving around the world all the time must be tough. He's no Darko...that's a fact.

11. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Well, the improtant thing is that he is from the Eastern block, so he can say "I just vant to play!" with the correct accent.

12. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Its neighbours are Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Kirgistan and China and it's part of Asia. I'd be very interested if the peepz from there have the same accent as those from former Yugoslavia (which actually never was under Sowjet rule).