The Patriots Still Haven't Convinced Me

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by buddahfan, Oct 15, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

that they are the best team.

Yes they won big again today and this time in Dallas. However, Dallas it should be noted built their 5 - 0 record against teams with a 6 - 22 record, so one really has to question how good they are.

The Pats had no running game and Dallas showed that they can score on them.

The test for the Pats will be when they play the Colts in the RCA Dome.

Looking forward to it. I expect the Colts to beat them just as they did last year in the playoffs.

:hoops:
  2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You can only beat the teams you play and the Pats have looked really good in beating each of them.

I'd have to say that they're the best team in the league by a wide margin right now. But it's a long season and anything can happen.
  3. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I think it was Chris Collinsworth who said that they are the best team ever right now. Some are convinced that they can run the table on their season. Interesting how they pick up several WRs in one haul, and the Lions can't do the same with several drafts and high draft huge contracts. I think they'll have the Colts number this season.
  4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Well-run organizations are hard to come by. The Pats are so good that they've made almost everyone forget that they caught got red-handed cheating at the beginning of the season. :)
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Buddha I hope it hurts when it finally sinks in. Pats are a juggernaut.
  6. buddahfan

They haven't beaten a team this year with both a winning record and a winning record against teams with a winning record.

All the the teams they have beaten are turkeys. The combined record of the other teams in the AFC East is 3 - 13. Are you kidding me?

The Pats are the biggest over-hyped and over rated team in the NFL in decades.

Wait until after they play the Colts and Steelers before deciding if they are the best anything, except for "The Best Cheaters"

7. Nemo

I figure that Tom Brady went to Michigan and they're not playing Appalachian State.....so they're money in the bank.
  8. buddahfan

More than one bank in history has gone belly up bankrupt, when the going got tough.

Good luck with your savings.

Don't think for a moment that I am saying that the Pats aren't a very good team. They may yet go 19 - 0 this year. But so far they are a 7 - 0 team that has beaten nothing but garbage teams including Dallas, "America's Team" whose 5 - 0 record was built up against teams with a combined 6 - 16 record and right now is having their hands full at home with the 2 - 3 Vikings.

Next week they play the Skins at home, who whipped the Lions good, and are the first pretty good team that the Pats will have played all year. I am looking for a close game next week for the Pats though being at home is probably worth 7 - 10 points for them even against the Skins.

9. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

What football team has convinced you this year Buddah???
  10. buddahfan

The top three teams in the NFL in no particular order are the

Steelers
    Colts
    Pats

Lets see what happens in Phoenix next Feb 3rd. The three best teams in the NFL are all in the AFC so I would venture to say whoever represents the AFC in Phoenix will win the Super Bowl next Feb 3rd.

11. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I asked what team has convinced you, and you give me the three top teams in the NFL, in your opinion.

So, in reality, I guess either those three teams must have convinced you (that they are very good) or nobody has.

Which is it?
  12. jammertime

The top 3 teams in particular order:

Pats
    Colts
    [SARCASM]Lions[/SARCASM]

The Pats are for real. Really, it should be #1 Pats, #3 Colts. The Pats are just playing on another level right now. No one can even touch them. The #2 should be reserved as a buffer between them and the rest of the league.
  13. buddahfan

Pats #1?

Colts march on, beating quality teams with relative ease and the Pats continue to get the ESPN located in MA, press pump by running up the score on mediocre teams in the worst division in American pro football.

Hold your rankings until after Nov 4th.

I expect the Colts to beat the Pats by 10 - 14 points on the 4th, even with the Pats cheating.

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

jags could whup Colts this week...
  15. Nemo

Patriots 52 - Redskins 7...........

New England had 35 first downs........yikes
    Lead Washington in time of posession by 15 minutes.......gulp
    More than double the offensive yardage.....holy cow

This against the Washington defense that was ranked 5th in the NFL....

Can I get a Witness...........:)
  16. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

17. buddahfan

If you watched the game you know that the Patriots cheated again. The announcers even mentioned it during the game.

For almost the entire first half the Patriots had Foxboro stadium maintenance make sure that the Redskins communication between their people in the press box; i.e., spotters etc and the coaches on the field was turned off.

The teams that the Patriots have beaten this year, all eight of them, have beaten only 3 teams with winning records and one of those is the Lions. Its easy to run up scores against mediocrity, especially when you cheat.

See you guys next week in the RCA dome where the Patriots won't be able to tape the opponents plays and cut off their communication.

Nice guys do finish first and its the Colts that are the nice guys, not the Patriots.

18. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

amen.

It's really amazing that so many people aren't waiting until after these two teams play to declare the Patriots #1.

Next game should provide a huge wakeup call for the bandwagon.
  19. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

ESPN is located in Bristol, Connecticut.
  20. jammertime

We don't have to agree on our choices for #1, but why wait? ESPN does their "power poll" each week. That isn't to say that things can't change from week to week. Part of the fun is debating who is #1 during the season. Everyone knows who the #1 is at the end of the season.

For me, the Pats are #1 as of right now. But it's a long season and that can change. Whoever wins next week will be #1 as far as I'm concerned, but again, that doesn't mean that they'll end the season as #1. It just means that, IMO, they're the best team season-to-date.