***THE PICKS***

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Mogilny, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Sebastian Pruiti takes a look at Knight. Does this sound familiar?

Pruitis conclusion.

Check out the post for a more detailed description of weaknesses and strengths.

Draft Pick Scouting Report: #8 Brandon Knight | NBA Playbook

2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm encouragd by the writer's prediction that Knight will "pick it up late into his rookie season". That's 3 years ahead of schedule compared to other Piston guards.

3. detteam

detteam All-Star

This post got me wondering: In the unlikely event a new CBA is not in place by next summer, would there be a draft?

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:cold::nono::nono::nono::smow:

But does it actually help accelerate his development with the team sucking and no other good point guards guards (IMO)?

If the team were actually talented wouldn't it take him longer to get some meaningful time and experience? (insert "Darko alert" ribbon).

On the other hand, he would have people who theoretically, at least, would be capable of teaching him the tricks of the trade and hopefully be willing to do so. He would start out in a winning atmosphere.

He is no Isiah Thomas, of course, but when Zeke came to the Pistons he arrived with Tripucka. That's all there was. There was no Laimbeer, Vinnie, Salley, Rodman, Mahorn, Buddah, Dantley, Aquire, etc. Zeke was forced to jump in right from the start and we know the rest.

5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

In one of the analysis I had read right after the draft, it was mentioned that Knight was forced to be a scorer in Kentucky, who essentially had a 6-man rotation. That was what was asked from him; scoring. So, we'll see how he adjusts.

6. BallDon'tLie

Dude, I'm just excited to have a player who develops as he gets more experience. The Pistons have so many guys who seem to have plateaued that it gets down right depressing.

Remember when Rip would add something to his game every off-season? He go home to Coatsville and come back in the Fall with a 3 point shot or a new-found ability to take his man off the dribble.

We have guys on this team that have been making the same mistakes for years and have not grown at all as players. I'm hoping that this changes with the young guys that have been added to the mix.

7. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Yea, spot on.

8. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

9. BallDon'tLie

He must have a good agent.
    It seems like the majority of dudes who are considering Europe are having trouble getting the "out clause" to return to the NBA after the lockout is over.

Glad to see that the rook is gonna get some experience and be able to stay sharp.

10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I'm surprised the Euro leagues aren't breaking the bank to make an offer to Joggin' Rodney Stuckey to give their leagues some legitimacy.

FIBA probably doesn't want to strain their relationship with the NBA.

11. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

Artículo
    [​IMG]

El Lucentum Alicante ficha a un campeón y MVP de la NCAA, Kyle Singler
    El Lucentum Alicante ha llegado a un acuerdo con el jugador Kyle Singler, alero drafteado este año en el puesto 33 por Detroit Pistons. El americano, de 2,03 metros, logró con la Universidad de Duke un campeonato de la NCAA en la temporada 2009-10, donde se proclamó, además, MVP de la Final Four

Alicante, 23 Ago. 2011. -Kyle Singler –uno de los jugadores más prestigiosos en el baloncesto nacional estadounidense- es un jugador todoterreno, con gran versatilidad para jugar en varios puestos y capaz de ayudar al equipo en numerosos aspectos del juego, destacando la anotación y el rebote.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Kyle Singler, estrella en Duke (Foto Duke University)[​IMG]

De 23 años de edad, comenzó su carrera en South Medford en la temporada 2006-07 y a la siguiente campaña dio el salto a la NCAA con la Universidad de Duke, donde ha cuajado unos espectaculares números en las cuatro temporadas que ha permanecido allí. Además de ser un referente para Duke en los últimos años, el alero logró ser campeón de la liga universitaria en el curso 2009-10, año en el que disputó 40 partidos logrando una media de 17,7 puntos, 7 rebotes y 2,4 asistencias por choque. Sus estadísticas ese año fueron de 41,5 % en tiros de dos, 40 % en triples y 80 % en libres. Su gran actuación durante la temporada y la Final Four le sirvió para ser reconocido como el MVP.

La pasada temporada, Singler jugó 37 partidos con Duke en la NCAA, encestando 17 puntos por encuentro y recogiendo 7 rebotes. Sus estadísticas se acierto fueron de 43 % en tiros de dos, 32 % en triples y 80,6 % en libres.

El nuevo jugador del Lucentum Alicante también ha tenido la ocasión de disputar un torneo con las categorías inferiores de EEUU, donde logró la medalla de oro en el Campeonato Américas Sub-18 en 2006.

En el contrato entre el jugador y el club se contemplan diversas cláusulas sobre las opciones del actual lockout de la NBA. El Lucentum cierra así, de momento, su sexta incorporación para la temporada 2011-12.

Lucentum is a middle/low level ACB team, he will have a lot of minutes as starter,jose calderon or pablo prigioni have played in this team.
    I will see playing minutes our second round rookie in acb¡¡¡¡ Out clause is in the contract but after nba he will play in a competitive league only 3 teams can be the real finals winners.

12. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I attempted to translate....

The Lucentum Alicante puts on file to a champion and MVP of the NCAA, Kyle Singler The Lucentum Alicante has arrived at an agreement with the player Kyle Singler, winger drafteado this year in the position 33 by Detroit Pistons. The American, of 2.03 meters, achieved with the University of Duke a championship of the NCAA in the season 2009-10, where was proclaimed, besides, MVP of the Final one Four..

23-year-old, began its career in South Medford in the season 2006-07 and to the following campaign gave the leap to the NCAA with the University of Duke, where has jelled some spectacular numbers in the four seasons that has remained there. Besides being a referring one for Duke in recent years, the winger managed to be champion of the university league in the course 2009-10, year in which disputed 40 parties achieving an average of 17.7 points, 7 repercussions and 2.4 assistances by collision. Its statistics that year were of 41.5% in shots of two, 40% in triples and 80% in free. Its great action during the season and the Final Four served him for to be recognized as the MVP.
    It they passed season, Singler played 37 parties with Duke in the NCAA, scoring 17 points by encounter and collecting 7 repercussions. Their statistics I succeed they were themselves of 43% in shots of two, 32% in triples and 80.6% in free.
    The new player of the Lucentum Alicante has also gotten the chance to dispute a tournament with the lower categories of US, where achieved the medal of gold in the Championship Americas Sub-18 in 2006.
    In the contract between the player and the club diverse clauses on the options of the current one are contemplated lockout of the NBA. The Lucentum closes thus, for the time being, its sixth incorporation for the season 2011-12.
    Lucentum is to middle/low level ACB team, there I am will have to lot of bill ace starter, jose calderon or pablo prigioni have played or this team. I will see playing bill our second round rookie or acb¡¡¡¡ Out clause is or the contract but after nba there I am will play or to competitive league only 3 teams can be the real finals winners.

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Rodney could teach this guy a thing or two...

14. BallDon'tLie

Wow.
    7 repercussions is nothing to sneeze at.

...I have a feeling that "assistances by collision" might become part of the PF lexicon just as AOTG has.

15. CarlosGallan

max likes this.
  16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Carlos, thanks for the update!!

17. CarlosGallan

18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Hji,

Is that Korean? If so we DO have a forum member who can translate this.

Is there a clue in there as to what happened to Rascoe?

I'm suspicious of the line above in which you state "El Rascoe fue kidnappedio de el Coyne Jeremio".

19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Knight working overtime:
    http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2011/...amp-brandon-knight-puts-in-overtime?ref=yahoo

That's a bizarre praise right there.

20. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Hey guys, FYI, my nephew Julyan Stone made the Denver Nuggets roster. WOOOOOHOOOO.

Walter and max like this.