The Pistons aren't very good and should not be considered 1 of the top teams anymore.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Tha Locstah, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Discuss.

2. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Re: The Pistons aren't very good and should not be considered 1 of the top teams anym

I agree. Losses to bottom of the barrel teams and wins against top of the heap teams aside, we are smack dab in the middle of the pack. Pure mediocrity.

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Re: The Pistons aren't very good and should not be considered 1 of the top teams anym

I'm not sure what there is to discuss? Seems self evident to me. Middle of the pack this year.

4. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

You forgot to add...for this year.

5. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Very obvious they are not a top team.

6. professor

Are you serious Darth? Have you BEEN on this forum? There's ALWAYS something to discuss, if only by ignoring or twisting or otherwise distorting the thread.

So in this case, just to give an example, I might say "The Pistons would be good if only Curry could the rotations down. We have the talent to compete with any of the top teams and in fact beat most of the top teams this season." Half-hearted and somewhat lame illustration, I know, but surely someone can do better.

7. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Sad to see that we've fallen from a top 4 team...all the way down to a top 18 team. One fell swoop. Sad to see the effort fall in some ways also.

I KNOW Tater will notice this was my 3,000th recorded post.

8. Darth Tater

Yeah, I wasn't trying to kill the thread.

I just honestly couldn't think of how a 39-43 team with questionable heart and do do coaching that is getting pummeled in the playoffs can be considered anywhere near the top.

I think the more interesting discussion would be whether or not they belong at the bottom or in the middle.

9. Darth Tater

Nemo, there is something different about you...but I just can't quite place it...Hmmmm...

10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

They ain't good.

And watching a team that was once one of the elite, playing mediocre basketball is not fun.

11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sammy Mejia could turn it around.

12. Tha Locstah

Just call me Captain Obvious!

13. Tha Locstah

I'd say the way they are playing now, towards the bottom. They would easily be ranked near the bottom if they played in the West but since they aren't it APPEARS that they are middle of the pack.

14. Darth Tater

I think so too. Between the middle and bottom. They lost to a lot of crappy teams.

15. professor

Yes, I definitely agree with this too. The 8 West playoff teams plus Phoenix were definitely better. Plus the seven teams seeded ahead of us in the East. That already puts as the 17th best team. But then they also basically backed into the playoffs. If the season had gone on another 4 or 5 games, it's easy to imagine that they would have slipped out entirely. Indiana, Charlotte, Detroit all about the same: any of the three could be 17, 18, or 19 in my rankings. And Milwaukee, had they not had the terrible key injuries were just a better team than us. As much as it sucks to admit it, a very reasonable argument could put the Pistons at the 20th spot.

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm keeping a close watch on you, Bucks fan!

17. professor

:pound:that's funny, i was thinking the same thing as I wrote that: like, "i'm wondering if i'm saying this cause i grew up a bucks fan" lol

but seriously, looking at their roster (including Redd and Bogut), they're just better than us. i'm not saying they're great or anything, but they're better than us.

18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If they re-started the season around the 4/1 or so this would be one of the worst teams in the L. They'd be on a Sacto level.

After this thread I was thinking of starting another controversial one where I push the theory that Sheed might have had some problems by picking up techs during his career. I don't want it to be too over the top though and give the internets a bad name.

19. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

We play with no heart at all.

20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's easy to feel beaten. Keep your chin up. :)