The race for the most ping pong balls

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Jan 19, 2012.

1. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm not sure what you're saying here but do you actually think that $15 million per year for Prince and Stuckey is well-spent money?
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If being able to shoot was a requirement to be a shooting guard, Stuckey would be looking for a new job.
  3. pass99

pass99 Team Captain Forum Donor

This is one of the few post that hide a number of inconvenient truths. He was drafted too young and much was unknown about a number of factors: his jump shot is non-existent (release point somewhere around his chest) and while having youthful quickness, lacks mental reactions (your playing-making component) against defenses. There is for me, a missing slickness to his game.
  4. BillLaimbeer

If Knight's jump shot is non-existent, what would you call Stuckey's jump shot? Knight has made 34 three-pointers in 23 games. It took Stuckey 3 years to make that many shots.

For 2Tough2You to say that Knight has NO play-making ability, that only tells me that he hasn't had a chance to watch any games yet.

The kid is a rookie playing the hardest position in the NBA on the worst team in the league. Drafting him at #8 was a steal. He will learn. He will get more pieces that he can work with. Some day, perhaps when he is old enough to get into a bar, everyone will see it.
    alexa032 and BallDon'tLie like this.
  5. raxrets

raxrets Starter

something caught my eye, this is from Silvertongue:
    Notice bolded part, that's crazy, man
  6. BallDon'tLie

Why in the heck can't a NBA team of professional athletes go through a lite practice on the same day as a game. They have trainers, nutritionists, whirlpools, etc. They can't walk through some plays or watch some film?

It's not like they're not racking up injuries while their sleeping so what's the difference?
  7. raxrets

raxrets Starter

At least Tay has an excuse - missing even short practices due to need for packing and repacking his famous luggage between travelling. And you can say from habits on the court - his "compressing methods " are as slow as balling on the court
  8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Of course not. Though I don't think Stuckey's deal is nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Prince is another story.

The point is, we weren't going to have that guy that you just described on our roster regardless. He doesn't exist.

By the way, Afflalo, whom everyone here loves... that contract not looking so hot right now. Afflalo is a nice complimentary piece, but he's being paid like he's a second or third option. That contract is way worse than Stuckey's.
  9. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Prince signing was bad.

Stuckey signing, I can live with.
  10. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

Brandon Knight is so far ranked in the top 5 rookies of the year iirc. I think that qualifies him as legit for someone who has played 20 games in the NBA. Sure there is a lot of love to be given, but I feel as though you are not giving enough credit to a man who is going to pass roughly 25% of his possessions to Tayshaun Prince. If you want to know why his assist rate is low, look no further. Possessions start and, more importantly, end with this player.

Munroe is clearly dominating with a PER of 26, that is an uncontested and moot point
  11. BallDon'tLie

We'll have to agree to disagree regarding the $8.5 million dollars a year that Rodney Stuckey is being paid from our favorite team.
    Do you think that when Joe goes car shopping, he picks out a new ride and offers the salesman twice the value of the car without looking at the window sticker?

...and to your other point,
    Combo guards are the most abundant resource that the NBA has to offer. They are a dime a dozen and can be had for a fraction of Stuckey's contract.
  12. BallDon'tLie

I kinda feel the opposite way.

Tay's contract is tradable.
    No GM in the league is going to want to touch Rod Stuckey for the next 3 years at $8.5 mil per year.

...of course, I'd rather not have either of them but I'm just a casual internet fan.
    The Panda likes this.
  13. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

I agree. I have read it here a lot too. Prince plays great on a good team. He doesn't have the abilities to carry a bad team though. Its important this is noted. Teams missing a decent piece at the SF will be happy to have him and his contract isn't a total burden.

Stuckey is just not worth the money. To put it in perspective, Westbrook was paid half of that up until his most recent extension.
  14. pass99

pass99 Team Captain Forum Donor

15. BillLaimbeer

The BK7 jump shot is looking great in 4th quarter crunch time, even pulling up for some jumpers in traffic...hope you're tuning in....
  16. max

max All-Star

wew, almost won that one. Took some big time clutch play by Prince to make sure he practically dribbled down the entire clock before take that bad shot.
    BallDon'tLie, alexa032 and The Panda like this.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Man, we almost blew it there with solid play. Good thing the Nets had enough guys to avoid the forfeit.
    S.J. likes this.
  18. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

LOL.,. Half of what Stuckey is being paid is Will Bynum money. Stuckey wasn't going to be had for Will Bynum money.

And I don't know how anyone could come to the conclusion that Stuckey's contract is worse than Prince's considering that Stuckey is much younger, being paid the same amount per year, but for one less year and he's pretty definitively a better player than Prince at this point. I swear, some of you hate Stuckey so much that nothing I can say will sway your opinion. Stuckey could have signed for 2 million for one year and you'd say "Dumars overpaid". Just be thankful that Stuckey's deal is only for three years and not an albatross contract like the one the Nuggets gave Afflalo.
  19. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Veteran leadership! Did you see his reaction after that play? He was probably thinking of Anthony Davis in a Piston jersey and not passing the ball to him either.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The old 2 handed line drive hook shot was the one that he went with after dribbling for about 15 seconds in isolation. He just signed a long term contract, so you gotta believe he's pursuing long term goals (ala he was Taynking!). He's no dummy.
    alexa032 likes this.