The Real Deal?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by SonicD 43, Sep 1, 2007.

1. SonicD 43

SonicD 43 First Round Draft Pick

I am sorry I hate to ask this question but I took the offseason off, well at least since draft night (being at game 5 was just way to painful). Anyways are we overhyping Hot Rod and AJ like we did Darko? I personally think AJ is the real deal, but have not seen Hot Rod enough to make a decision. I just hope he doesn't let me down like some of our other early first round draft picks.

2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Did the Pistons really hype Darko? By virtue of picking him 2nd, you could argue "yes." But by calling him a three to four-year project, I would say "no."

Stuckey came from a small conference so I think he'll have some growing pains. Same with Amir. But we gotta find out. They need to play significant minutes.

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I think we will be happy with Stuckey. He's shown very encouraging performances in SL. Contrast that with our previous picks. While Delfino and even Maxiell showed flashes of brilliance during their first stints, Stuckey was plain brilliant.

4. SonicD 43

SonicD 43 First Round Draft Pick

Sorry I meant forum hype cause thats what I am reading about Stuckey (can't trust Detroit Sports reporters at all). I mean if I listened to certain posters around here Darko should have 4 Ships, two finals MVP's and probably a league MVP by now. Also he would be an even 11 feet tall with a 14 foot wing span and 83% from the 3 point line and 95% everywhere else even when triple teamed. I just don't want to listen to the hype around here about Stuckey just to get let down. Although it does seem to be a different type of hype since it actually sounds like he is doing good, not just getting excuses to why he is not doing good.

5. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

One big difference. Early Darko hype came mostly from private workouts against who knows what knod of competition. Stuckey hype comes from 5 games of Summer League competition where he garnered All League honors. I rate SL a solid notch above D-League given the wide range of experience these players have (jobless to Euro-bound to journeyman NBA'ers) .

6. max

max All-Star

Given Dumars draft history we should expect afflalo and Meja to make it and Stucky to not.

We will see.

I am not believing anything until I actually see it.

7. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Hot Rod is the real deal.

It has nothing to do with hype, but everything to do with skill and heart.

If you read about his personal life history and watch him play you can see that this is one tough determined young baller with lots of skill who, barring serious injury, will have a very successful NBA career.

:hoops: