The Sacramento Dilemma, Pistons Spare Parts and Other Deficiencies

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Nov 20, 2010.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

#1 I just had to post the article below, this would be the most logical trade that I have read thus far. Somewhere, I think one of my fellow forumites mentioned this suggested trade that may infact happen before the trade line. A trade will happen only if Joe put the bucket of Pcorn and large drink down and make something happen.

Bill Simmons: NBA Western Conference retro preview - ESPN

The analogy that I was thinking about that so perfectly describes the pistons is; I went out to the garage where my husband just have a bunch of crap laying around, specifically nuts, bolts, and other assorted equipment item. So I ask him, why do you need all these things, you aren't using them, they are just laying around taking up space. He then replied, these are spare parts, I may run into other stuff along the way that may in-turn eventually fit some of these bolts and what have you.

I likened this statement to the plight of the pistons, Joe just have a lot of moving parts, nothing fits or goes to together in any form or fashion, I like to call it stockpiling, warehousing. Is he hoping that he may run into the right piece that may eventually fit. I am sooooo confused.

#2. I am so miffed with the entire team, as well as the coaches, Joe Dumars, Karen Davison and Illitch. I am so frustrated, I don't even like discussing the pistons on line right now, I am definitely having a meltdown.

#3. The Lakers game at home in our house was the ultimate insult. Even the horrible Cobo Arena Pistons, the fan apathy didn't go this far, close but not quite as bad.

#4. I am screaming for the DOT (days of teal), at least we had a superstar, (Grant Hill) and a half super (Jerry Stackhouse).

#5. If all of the pistonsforumites collectively put our pennies together, I say we submit an offer to buy the pistons, we then select from our distinguished members our on General Manager and coaches. I already have my picks of who our GM would be as well as our coaches.

2. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

AG:

I want to hear your nominees for #5.

I would rather debate them than any discussion about the actual Pistons.

:):pound::):pound:

3. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

The coaching staff is pretty easy imo. Lee for headcoach with Brap as motivator. KGREG is my main candidate for GM. No one can make trades like him.

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This off season we missed out on Tyson Chandler and Al Jefferson, if we miss on getting Jason Thompson too..........

5. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

The way Jefferson is playin...that's a huge miss...

6. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Lol, good one. Do you want the job?

7. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

"Fortunately for them, the Pistons are Bizarro Sacramento: too many perimeter guys, not enough bangers, too many guys feuding with their coach, and if that's not enough, they have Charlie Villanueva and Charlie Villanueva 2.0 (Austin Daye). Can you imagine Joe Dumars accepting the Larry O'Brien Trophy within the next five years and telling Stu Scott, "I knew once we had two soft forwards with size who love to jack 3s and can't rebound or guard anyone, the league would eventually be our oyster!" Me neither."

ROFLMAO