The Sheed rules

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Oct 10, 2006.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hahaha, great point! :pound:
  2. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Good rule call and it was not instigated because of the Pistons or Sheed. It has gotten out -of-control and gives the refs a little more breathing room away from the “ticky-tacky” fouls given to the “stars” (which is, in my opinion, a specious reaction for keeping the game in control). The pistons are notorious cry-babies and far too many (Tay and Ben) had been increasing their astonished looks. This is a direct result of Sheed’s constant complaining. I like the way Rip handles himself. This should help the pistons and not hurt them since they can “stew” while on defense. The only effective maneuver is always displayed form the bench and this is where Cowen will help out Flip. Good assistants’ (and the reason they are hired) supplement the head coach, not mimic them. Lenny Wilkens was always good at playing this game.
  3. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

I am beginning to hate the refs. They are the big crybabies. A bunch of them were charged with income tax fraud for turning in their first class plane tickets, flying coach and pocketing the difference. They forgot to report the income, and it was substantial in the tens of thousands of dollars.. The league fired them but gave their jobs back the next year. I can see if the refs were being threatened but if they want the players to not complain then they can't show such preferential treatment to their favorites. They need to pay fines for bad calls and be given bonuses at the end of the season if they do a good job. And Stu Jackson does not need to watch the game films and do things like suspending Stack in the playoffs. Who is he to decide? It should be up to the game officials.That whole series was BullCrap! Dallas should have won!
  4. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Agreed that it's good to whine to set up better calls later, but IMO several times in 05 we crossed a line and the whining became detrimental.
    I think that was something LB failed to control, and now they're all more whiny than they should be.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Now ESPN is calling it the Sheed rule.

I would like to go on record that between Sheed not being named a captain, and a rule being named after him, he's outta here by the deadline...

ESPN.com: Page 2 : The 'Sheed rule
  6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I don't see Sheed being traded unless he starts causing trouble here, which I don't see happening. Is that a real letter from Sheed?
  7. roscoe36

No, it's not a real letter. Just a spoof on how players will have to almost sue referees to be heard.

I don't want Sheed traded, but he's late to practice (and McCoskey LOUDLY leaked it, which normally he would keep hush-hush), he didn't get to be a captain after talks of him having to be a leader this year, and he will not be allowed to lead the league in techs this year without seriously hurting the team...
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Joe and Flip gave consequences for Sheed being late. If Sheed doesn't learn from them than yeah there is a chance of him leaving.
  9. roscoe36

What gets me himat is that the local writers help protect the organization. They rarely if ever mention team fines, and it is my opinion that the Pistons use them much of the time as an extended public relations department.

That's why McCoskey blogging Sheed's lateness, and then WDFN (the Pistons flagship radio station) throwing it into their half hour news updates seems a little, out of character to me. Minor fines are not newsworthy during the baseball playoffs.

We'll see. Everyone who has to leave Detroit gets made out to be a jerk by the press, so the signs should be obvious weeks in advance...
  10. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

Give me a break! Sheed missed the bus. Would you rather he be like Stephen Jackson? And the league never publicizes the bad calls that they rescind. Like Rasheed laughing last year. The refs need to have some consequences from the league for stupid calls.
  11. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

It's ok, it'll just start the discussion on how we'll be better mentally and emotionally without Sheed, and all about how we'll have done well for our selves by getting Pat Garrity to replace him.
  12. linwood

linwood All-Star

I really think that the future of this team is all about Tayshaun and Rip. But damn, if we are rebuilding right now, I would be very dissapointed.

I like Sheed. I hope he comes to play this season.
  13. roscoe36

I love Sheed (roscoe36, get it?). But I love Ben Wallace and he is gone. I loved Zeke and he's a laughingstock in NY. I loved Larry Brown and he wears adult diapers.

Just because I like someone, or wish well for them, doesn't mean the Pistons won't fire their funny behind to change the team as they see necessary. I have about as much control over it as you do.

Irregardless, I am going to call it the way I am seeing it. Maybe I am wrong. Hopefully I am wrong.
  14. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

bring back bad boys style of play. most of the time when pistons complain it's because of star calls. we need to go ahead and hammer wade, ginobli, lebron since they are going to call it anyway. this rule is clearly an attack on the pistons. most of the calls the pistons whined about i threw my remote across the room about too. why should they just be quiet and take the obvious bias from the refs?? the refs and the league have too much influence on the game it should be decided by the players.
  15. jammertime

So, short of flying off the handle and attacking fans at random, or getting into a late night bar "altercation" and firing your gun into the air 5 times, we should be happy with everything else?

Sheed was late and that should be dealt with. But as long as its an isolated incident, there shouldn't be a problem. But to excuse the smaller issues because they aren't big ones, is a great way of ensuring they become just that.

Deal with it internally and move on.
  16. linwood

linwood All-Star

Wow Jay, this may be the first time I completely agree with you! You're going to get the call against you... make it count. I was screaming for the Pistons to hire Ricky M last season just to show those guys how it's done!

NO FREE CHILI!
  17. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

bball j, I am completely on board with that idea. If you are going to get called, make it a good one. Leave no doubt in their minds. Now, THAT was a foul. :messer: :lol: :wedgie: :bump2:

We don't mean to play dirty; just play hard. :rolleyes:
  18. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

You have to be careful with the hard fouls, because then you will be in the area of the "other" (Bad Boys) Piston team rule change; THE FLAGRANT FOUL!!!!!!!

We just can`t win.........
  19. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Mark it on your calenders..

I agree. :)
  20. jammertime

So noted.

At 11:27pm on Wednesday, October 11th, hell officially froze over.