The Sheed rules

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Oct 10, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

I will give them an extra 2 wins from last season.
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

We have to wait and see if the moves are good or bad.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Straight up, no foul call advantages?

Yep. They nearly did it last year. They lost Chandler who was very effective against Shaq for Ben and PJ Brown. I think the "been there, done that" leadership could make the difference.

Sometimes, it's not about being the best team, but about matching up well with an opponent.
  4. roscoe36

5. roscoe36

And don't get me wrong, I like that he is complaining, but it is gunna cost him a LOT of money and possibly turn into a distraction.
  6. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

you're right roscoe, i luv sheed too, but he must keep it under control because it will cost the pistons in terms of games
  7. linwood

linwood All-Star

I like what he said. The B.S. no touching rules do favor the young kids fresh out of college. The game dumbs down a little and the fans suffer. The Vets wanna complain about it, they get fined. :rolleyes:

(although I will say that Tayshaun's :noidea: became pretty predictable!)
  8. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

Don't get me wrong, I've been a Piston fan forever.
    But...that is one of the things that I HATE about the Pistons-- their tendency to complain about calls. Shut up and play ball!!! :sssh:

And, don't forget about Rip. Now don't misunderstand; Rip is my boy; my favorite basketball player. However, last year he complained alot. Matter-of-fact, he was ranked 7th last year in technical fouls (of course, he was tied with some other players).

So yea...hopefully this new rule will cut down on most of the moaning and complaining that has become the "norm" for the Pistons these past few years. :rolleyes:
  9. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

LOL!!!:pound:
    True dat
  10. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

It looks like Chicago will be the next NJ Nets, or maybe it`s too early to tell. Just like everyone loves the Nets, and I admit they do look good on paper and play well during the season, they never do anything in the post season.

Enter the Chicago Bulls. With the acqusition of Ben Wallace they will be on everyone`s win it all list and (IMO) they will fall short.

A lot of teams would match up well with other teams without the foul call advantages. However, as Himat said, we will have to see if they truly got better and match up well during the season.

But we all know the playoffs is what count and Chicago is not a championship team.
  11. Dlev59

Exactly. So your post about teams GETTING BETTER is a bit premature....correct?
  12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Either my wording wasn't right or you miss read my post. What I meant to say is that usually when champions don't try making a move to improve the team they don't repeat. That's because other teams will make moves to beat that team. The Heat have made close to no changes. We have to wait and see if the other team's in the East including the Pistons have made themselves better.
  13. Dlev59

I got you...........however, most of the time when a current champion does not repeat, it`s not because another team has made moves to become better than them, injuries, bad coaching, etc can be the culprit.

Moreover, the exact same teams can meet in the playoffs and the opposite team comes out on top from the previous year - player movement is not the determining factor of the winner.
  14. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

All we really know is that they have not been a championship team in the immediate past. That doesn't mean they can't ever make the jump to a higher caliber playoff team. I look for them to go at least farther than the first round.Maybe they'll be seeded a little higher and move up. But I know what you mean, the sports media always jumps on the next new bright and shiny thing and because Ben was the most high profile free agent, presto Chicago Bulls are championship contenders. At least we aren't listening to non-stop round the clock Laker coverage anymore. The year we won the championship ESPN did nothing but Lakers talk for the next four months. They seem to be the last to know everything.

The media is not driven by the facts, but by the storyline.
  15. roscoe36

16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I saw both Piston and Jazz players whining at calls yesterday. The refs seemed to just let them vent.
  17. roscoe36

=== READ MORE ===

Btw, The Low (and TheeTFD) met with Ronnie Nunn in Vegas during SL. I know Low was pumped up about talking to him, maybe he'll drop his two cents in here.
  18. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

19. pass99

You can bet that it will tighten up come season time. I think this approach is for real and almost all will adjust. It will help the better defensive clubs.
  20. pass99

Or better yet,take the approach that Cuban takes..break down the circumstances on how the refs lean toward game atmospheres.