the SHOCKS sucks without Laimbeer.

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by hlbimage, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Shock finally reach the .500 mark for the first time since the second game of the season knocking off the division leader Indiana Fever with a 70-63 win in OT...They are now 15-15 and currently tied for 3rd place with four games remaining in the regular season.

The Shock led for most of the game and at one point had a 12 pt lead..but they went cold in the 4th and allowed the Fever to comeback take a two point lead before tying the game back with less than 40 seconds and then sending it into OT.

In the OT they hit four straight shots and the Fever went cold and the Auburn Hills faithful went home cheering. Katie Smith sat out this game too, but the rookie ShavonteZellous came thru with a big game to support Tweety.

I believe?

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I believe. I love the Shock. Beautiful ladies playing Detroit basketball. Way better than Rodman in a wedding dress.

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Sweet win, I can't say enough about the resieliency of this team, No Sweet P, No Katie, bad start, coach quit...and that's this year, last year's run of bad luck was even worse....but these ladies just keep fighting and fighting and fighting....If The Pistons were more like The Shock we'd have one helluva muscle car.

4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Shock keeps going without Laimbeer!

I am very impressed with these ladies. They are as tough as they come. We're now only .5 games behind Atlanta for the #2 seed, and 1.5 games ahead of the other three teams for the third spot.

It'd be stretch to say they'll go for the title without Katie and PP. If Katie comes back for the playoffs, who knows. Home court advantage really rules in the WNBA, but if any team will pull off a successful playoff run on the road, it's our Shock.

5. LA Dre

Re: Shock keeps going without Laimbeer!

I'd say they will need Katie for the playoffs, but they can afford to hold her out of at least one or two of these remaining three games. If they can make it to the conference finals vs Indiana, I'd say at least dress Pierson to psych out the Fever into wondering if she will play or not. :sssh:

6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Good strategy. The fear of Plenette can win one game by itself.

Man, if everybody had been healthy on this team, they would've repeated with ease.

Go SHOCK!

7. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

Does Pierson look pregnant to anyone lately? She has that glow!

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, the Pistons won a few games last year by just having Afflalo on the bench. Some guys are so great at being lockdown defenders they don't even have to set foot on the floor.

9. LA Dre

Shock on NBA TV right now playing the Liberty at the palace. A win tonight should clinch at least the 4th spot.. They lead 19-5 just 5 min into the game ..GO Shock!!!

10. LA Dre

Shock up 44-34 at the half. At one point they had a 25-7 lead, but gave up a 3 three balls and had a handful on turnovers in the second qtr to let the Liberty back in the game.

11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This thread started out saying Mahorn was a dimwit and was the cause of all Shocks sucking. Now, the Shocks are about to clinch a playoff seed. Did Ricky learn how to coach in a couple weeks time?

12. LA Dre

Almost blew it as they gave up to many three balls (12) and had to many TO's (20) Still Deanna the Dagger opened the OT with two three pointers to basically seal the deal

No Katie, No Plennette No Problem...well in the OT that is They just have to play smart and win the game vs Chicago Sky on Saturday and they should clinch the 3rd seed. A loss still gives them a playoff spot with a tiebreaker over the Sky...as long as Atlanta beats both Washington and Connecticut on Friday and Saturday ~ Go Dream....

Shock 94- Liberty 87

13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

LOL with Bill..this is the biggest reverse THREAD of all time!! :pound:
    I'll open a new one just so I dont have to see 'Shocks sucks' again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.