THIS DUNK IS COMPLETELY CRAZY!!!

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by TWOTIMESRALPHI, Sep 30, 2006.

1. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow, nice dunk!
  3. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i don't know which is more stunning to me: the dunk, the ridonculous nicknames of the players ("1/2 man 1/2 amazing"??? wtf?), or their babbling, shouting incoherence...
  4. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Not everyone can be a pompous intellectual like you prof. What is shouting incoherence to you may be a bunch of excited african-americans who just may have witnessed the best dunk of all time live. Its funny how the majority hates it when a subgroup or minority develops and celebrates their OWN individualism and style. Learn to appreciate other people for who they are even if they are not like you prof. My two cents. Serge Jean-Louis Jr. BS PTA CSCS and proud hatian-american. Thank you
  5. professor

ouch.... i was just messin'. first, apologies if i didn't get that across and gave offense. i know they were excited, i saw the joy, and i'm down with it.

but also, to set the record straight, i'm well aware of how subcultures work. i don't need them to be, think, or talk like me. and i appreciate each of them (or don't) on my own terms, but not on the basis of whether or not they are like me.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Exp, that's totally uncalled for.
  7. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

I didn't mean to come across as abrasive but when you have encountered racism as much as I have in the academic and professional arena you get a tad bit sensitive. I do want to apologize to both prof and everybody else in the forum for that post. I apoligize for the way I came across but not for the general gist of what I was attempting to say. Sorry and it will not happen again. Thanx for listening:victory:
  8. professor

thank you. i understand. and again, i'm sorry if my (badly) joking comment gave offense. i could have been more thoughtful as well.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

so Prof, you're not the "professor" in the video?
  10. professor

as a matter of fact my resentment stems entirely from my discovery that the young fellow in the video ripped off my handle!!
  11. CrazyHops

CrazyHops Second Round Draft Pick

Yea that dunk is nice
  12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

It looks like Sioux Falls is pushing to get Amir some D-League time.

Because the Skyforce are scheduled to play six games in nine days beginning Jan. 12, McHone has contacted the Detroit Pistsons - one of the team's NBA affiliates - about the possibility of receiving an assignment player during that span.
    "I told Detroit if they're ever going to send Amir Johnson down, this would be the perfect time to do it," McHone said while preparing for Friday's game in Tulsa, Okla.

The 19-year-old Johnson, a second-year forward, has appeared in only three games with Detroit this season.
  13. linwood

linwood All-Star

The SkyForce just lost their leading player, Andre Brown. Mr. Brown recieved a 10 day contract from the Seattle SuperSonics, and made his NBA debut last night against the Knicks. (I was there!). He averaged 20 points and 11 rebounds for the SkyForce, so there is a big hole to fill. Hopefully Amir can go to Sioux Falls and tear it up!
  14. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

John Wooden still thinks the dunk should be illegal.

Please don't argue with me. If you have a problem with his viewpoint I am sure he is easily reached in Los Angeles and would be more than willing to discuss the subject with anyone with a serious argument.

:hoops: