1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

This team needs a legitimate BIG-MAN!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 30, 2009.

1. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

Look, I like the idea of spreading the court out like the magic with perimeter-oriented forwards like tay, daye, and turk, etc...but in order to do that, you need a LEGITIMATE all-around big-man. Someone that can score points inside, get boards, block shots, play d against the likes of Dwight Howard, etc. Boozer, Milsap, Villanueva, etc. these guys might be able to stand up as solid 4's next to good defensive bigs, but if we're talking about having a guy like tay, daye or turk at the 4....those guys aren't going to be enough at the center position. In fact, there's no one on the market this off-season that fits the bill. We either have to make a trade, or save some cap-space for next off-season. It's as simple as that.

Amare Stoudemire's name has been floating around lately. It doesn't seem like it, but measurements-wise, he's almost as big as dwight. Chris Bosh doesn't weigh all that much, but he's 6-11, a scrappy rebounder, and a scrappy defender. Tyson Chandler doesn't provide a whole lot on the offensive end, and he might be an injury problem, but he would still be better than nothing. These guys are all free agents next year. Might be a better idea to trade for one and sign him to an extension though. Other than that, I've heard some talk out there about Al Jefferson, Brook Lopez.

Any deal we make is going to be centered around Richard Hamilton. Joe-D said he didn't want any drama next season, and Rip has been a serious drama-queen since curry benched him in favor of first ballot hall of famer allen iverson. He'll be immediately replaced by a younger, shorter, better shooting version of himself in Ben Gordon. No problem. The deal could also include Jason Maxiel, Aaron Afflalo, Will Bynum, Walter Sharpe, or maybe even Austin Daye and some of our other rookies, and a whole lot of future picks. We'll see.

C: Stoudemire/Bosh/Chandler, Brown
    PF: Turkoglu, Maxiel
    SF: Prince, Daye
    SG: Gordon, Afflalo
    PG: Stuckey, Bynum

...if we could pull Bosh, that might be a championship caliber-sort of team.

2. blueadams

maybe...

C: Bosh, Brown
    PF: Villanueva, Maxiel
    SF: Prince, Daye
    SG: Gordon, Afflalo
    PG: Stuckey, Bynum

they say that villanueva can really shoot from the outside.

3. rip_city

rip_city First Round Draft Pick

where have you got the idea that people on here want to have someone like Turk, Tay, or Daye as a PF? Ive only been around for a few days and im pretty sure about 95% of the board agrees we need a legit big guy.

4. blueadams

5. rip_city

oh didnt see that...so I was kinda wrong but it says they want a big who can spread the court...doenst have to be Tay or Turk or someone like that. I posted this somewhere else but he would be a good team that can spread the court and could be more possible than you would think. Sign Memo and Gordon. Trade Rip and Tay maybe some future picks to get Bosh and then sign Ariza.

Memo
    Bosh
    Ariza
    Gordon
    Stuckey

6. blueadams

why do u like memo more at the 4 than turk??? he's taller, but hes much less athletic, and hes a much worse defender.

7. rip_city

Memo is a Center not a PF

8. theWORM

theWORM First Round Draft Pick

Ladies and gentlemen (and Ernie), I give you Rue Paul:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Props to my homeboy Patty Mills, all 175lbs of him (55th pick of the '09 draft).

9. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

This lineup much more realistic Blue. If we ended up with Bosh/Chandler/Amare, that's too many bigs especially the way the NBA is headed.

I like what Joe D is doing here. I believe the NBA game is going towards the so-called hybrid forwards who can play 2-3 positions.

Look at Shaq & Howard, they both are sooo one dimensional. Bosh don't like playing close to the basket but can shoot very good from the perimeter.

10. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

If we could swing a trade for Albert Jefferson I'd be a happy man. If we could swing something to get him paired up with Chris Bosh I'd quit my job and become an usher at the Palace. If this happens...........look out Dancin' Bruce!

11. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I really really like that lineup.

12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Some supposedly credible sportswiriter is reiterating that Bosh/LBJ have plans to play together when their contracts are up so he might be long shot.

Amare has an overinflated sense of value

Who knows what Boozer is doing . . .

Milsap will probably be retained.

There's not much out there.