thought things were bad?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by round, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I'm just elated that Summers is playing tonight. Too bad CV is too - that kind of ruins it. Just got to hope CV lights it up for like 40 points to negate at least part of the points he gives up on D.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Q could win me back if he kept CCG benched.
  3. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

While I certainly don not condone the type of behavior exhibited by these palyers, on the same note I have to ask the question why did this so-called quasi-protest happen in the first place?

It is no secret whatsoever that Q cannot coach and the dissension among the players are well known. When you take some of these players who have a high degree of integrity such as Ben Wallace and Tracy Mac, something within the coaching confines must be completely out of whack.

I just don't know anymore. Totally disgusted with the entire situation at this point. We are probably the laughing stock of the NBA. We have a big Zero on our uni's.

Not to mention, wait until ESPN and others get finished with putting us under the microscope.

This team need to get sold pronto.
  4. armygirl

Oh forgot to add, with all of this mess going on, can't help but think that the asking price for the Pistons is taking a nose dive. K Davison better get ready to accept a lower offer.
  5. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Hi AG :wave:

2 things about your post here:
    1. Tracy McGrady and "integrity" should never appear in the same sentence.

2. I hope that ESPN and the talk radio shows make a HUGE deal out of this. It's ugly but it might lead to some changes.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

7. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

"Coaching change unavoidable for Pistons now even if that rewards players who don't deserve anything but suspensions" - Marc Stein, ESPN.

And the ensuing article.
  8. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Gotta be the trade deadline passing and the same motley crew was together.
    Players probably protesting for differing reasons. Some wanted outa here. Some wanted a big trade made. Some are tired of the coach. Nobody was happy that nuthin was done.
  9. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Pistons new slogan:
    "Callin' in sick to work!"
  10. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Unless Q resigns himself, he's here to stay and this saga is to continue. He ain't getting fired.
  11. Nemo

Here's 2 items that I felt were noteworthy. Philly is home of the Q, and the players thought of doing this walkout idea before the break...Yikes !!!

From Mark Stein's article...

There surely has to be some measure of discipline meted out to the players involved (Hamilton, Prince, Tracy McGrady, Ben Wallace and Chris Wilcox) if it’s proven that this was indeed an organized walkout. The organization has to make its own statement on top of the damage those players have done to their own reputations … especially after Terry Foster of the Detroit News reported Friday on his WXYT-FM radio show that some of the same players were planning a similar protest on the morning of the Pistons’ final game before the All-Star break against Indiana but called it off and wound up winning when they were told that Kuester would be ousted during the break.

Kuester obviously wasn’t dismissed during All-Star Weekend, but it’s thoroughly pointless now -- no matter what happens to the players -- to keep Kuester in place when he lost this group long ago and has been undermined to such an extent that there’s no way he can possibly be regarded as an option to coach this team next season. Making Friday’s events even more embarrassing to the embattled coach: Philadelphia is Kuester’s offseason home.

12. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

going to strike!
  13. Nemo

Funny how all of this fuss is about a PRACTICE...

After all, it was just one PRACTICE...

Somebody needs to interview AI...

YouTube - Iverson Practice!
  14. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

This sale really has to get done... if those reports about Q being fired over the break were true I'm sure that Karen nixed that.... I really really hope that Joe has kept his mouth shut about the handcuffs out of respect for MR D, and soon after the sale is complete somebody leaks what he's had to do the last two years..

I really don't want to think Joe is as bad as he's been the last two plus years....
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Unfortunately, this is the POTD. Gallows humor.
  16. armygirl

I don't nor will I ever condone McGrady's actions today, however don't or won't minimize McGrady's philanthropic and community service activities and how he took the little kid from Bowie, MD under his wing during the D.C. sniper incident. Sometimes we only see Professional players and what they do on the court, sometimes you have to see outside these parameters and look at the whole person and not just the some of it's parts.

Yes, I still think that he has high integrity, I won't judge the man based on this one incident even though it was piss poor timing on his part. After all he is the only piston that has been mentioned over the past 4 months that have stepped up as a leader and role model for the younger players on the team.
  17. linwood

linwood All-Star

Wait a minute... our team spokesman is named Cletus Lewis? Is he the head of security? What in the world is going on with this dog and pony show?