Tides

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by pass99, Jul 1, 2009.

1. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Strong tides going in and going out.

This header says something about administration.

Overall assumptions might say that JD has owned up to a huge mistake. Not so fast. He created, nurtured and solidified a climate that won some important titles. When the slide began to happen, he got fat on the beach. This Curry situation is 70/30 fault line: with the JD providing the bigger cleavage.

Curry was so far over his head, one begins to wonder the whole justification level. The easy part is to sway with friendship and the image of an alter-ego: talks administration, the right direction about obvious analysis of game and player situations, value-add directions on talent usage and introductions on symbols to sway those nurtured on image maintenance. Is it so brash for us to wonder that had some coaching directions not be in his favor (Brown/Flip), we might be looking at paying some heavy free-boat fishing in still waters...averaging a non-shallow dollar depth of 3+2 coaching fees building close toward MLE money.

When JD panics, forget the fishing scope and its patterns of herd togetherness...he begins to swallow the shark-like monody of another death as a singular reaction. In short: desperately seeking any (pre-manufactured?) messenger.

There were many signals: continued pal-joey isolations; bench regression; disagreeable tension on the floor resulting in outburst via the technical route; temerity from the bench coaching; sporadic lineup changes; inconsistent player role-playing; accountability and solid direction on how to win the last 2.5 minute game. Interpersonal administrative movements with Cowen up the ladder and not out; players enlightenment on Tolstoy-like introductions of nearly-new death experiences of communion without the religion. The list goes on.

JD will endure. And so it goes.

Your next coach is: who knows!

Everyone is part of their club. JD best get this one right...yet, time and circumstance... rule choices. What should have been, could be and the historic heart strings blend magically toward the seasons (Laimbeer) of past denial... will not fit the reality pattern of current climate changes.

My choice: Avery Johnson.

Some thoughts on justifications and problem areas:
    • Experience as player
    • Experience against Division-depth competitiveness
    • Experience in playoff atmosphere
    • Mentor ship while coaching (Del Harris)
    • Experience in fine-tuned media symbolism (broadcasting analyst)
    • Hyper-personality signifying coaching style
    • Communication with players on a level field
    • Needs structured administrative support and minimum encroachment of ownership-leadership levels
    • Always hunt for the disquieting evidence
    • Look for problems as a star gazer and not a micro-biologist

2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Some good thought put in here. I'd say if CB stayed, Curry would've been alright, as Chauncey has historically been the buffer between the coach and the restless players. He managed to rein in Carmella and K-Mart which is no easy chore. But after the trade Curry had no choice being a rookie coach and having nobody on the team he could refer to. Yeah, I admit he was in over his head and the way team is currently constructed is a horrible fit.
    On the other hand, Avery was supposedly responsible for stifling of the development of Devin Harris. Look at Harris once he got to NJ. Do we want to risk the same for Stuck?

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't like Johnson, but seeing as how the next coach is likely an interim coach, I have to admit, he might not be a bad choice.

I'm not sure the players will take any coach seriously, ultimately your two favourite players (pass) Rip and Tay will decide who thrives and who survives.

They along with Sheed, Dice and Billups, and to a lesser degree Ben, have dictated how successful this team was the last 4 years. Not Saunders, and perhaps not Brown/Curry.

Great analysis on JD as well.

4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Roscoe, you still up?

5. roscoe36

I usually work until 6 am EDT. I will knock off around 4 am today.

6. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

Off topic but Happy Canada day Roscoe.

7. roscoe36

Thanks Smoooth. I'm not much of a nationalist, I didn't realize it's a holiday! Happy Canada day to you too!