TIGER CHAT 2009

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by OLD SKOOL HQ, Apr 6, 2009.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

you DO know, u will never get that time you spent on this BACK, DONT you?:pound:
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's fun getting you riled up, HQ. The Tigers do a lot of things wrong, but somehow they are working their way towards their first Division Championship in 22 years. What great fun it is to watch meaningful Tiger games in October.
  3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You guys are [STRIKE]a good person[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]good people[/STRIKE] my peeps. :MusicBigGrin:
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Well, I thought there was going to be magic involved and it turned out to be a stupid math exercise.
  5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

lmao.....the only rules i ever maintain are "i before e except after c" and "always have on clean underwear"!:pound:
  6. detteam

detteam All-Star

This has been proven unnecessary :sssh:
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

8-1 bottom of the 8th...ugh. I hate the prospect of playing Chicago when Minny has KC at home.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    Grienke is good for one...
    Maybe the conspriacy is the Royals are good enough to take two from the Twinks, giving us the Division.
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

10. detteam

detteam All-Star

11. BillLaimbeer

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ok I saw the first seven innings before I decided to tune out...with the Twins up 4-1

Somehow based on all the squandered ops, I knew there was no comeback today for the Tigers, so I went to the dentist to endure more pain...

One thing I didn't want to happen is Ozzie Guillen controlling our destiny and laughing at us until the end. Another thing is we cannot have this thing drag out and decided on Sunday. (and definitely not Monday in the Metrodome).

The box score says the Tigers left 12 men on base and and only scored on 2 of 7 ops. the question is how did we only score three runs when the Twins committed 4 errors???

The key outburst of course was the 3rd inning when Nate hit Dennard "I can beat the Tigers all by myself" Span. Once he got on it open the door as the next batter flied out to center, but Curtis "what happen to my Gold Glove chances" Granderson threw the ball to third instead of second which allowed the tagging Span to move from first to second. Then instead of intentionally walking Joe "I am going to win the batting title" Mauer, Leyland lets Nate pitch to him and of course he knocks in two runs and eventually scores the third run himself.

It was early and we still had a chance, but the Twins lead settled down their pitcher Baker and we folded, spoiling the potential celebration for the fans who had called in sick to attend the game....

If there was any chance for Cabrera to win the MVP, he lost it in this series as he was 5-15 with only one HR and one RBI. I am thinking that he needed probably 5-6 RBI and a Tiger sweep to even get in the top two.... Meanwhile if Mauer's Twins somehow are able to sweep the Royals and we get swept by the Sox, then Mauer probably takes the batting crown and the MVP....and goes to the post season :(
  13. detteam

detteam All-Star

Let's discuss MVP after Sunday :sssh:
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

MVP awards are the most OVERRATED CRAP in the history of mankind!!!!! If u dont win a championship, WHO CARES???????

see Andre Dawson
  15. LA Dre

Yeah i wasn't really making a big deal out of it, it just that the announcers and even some of the posters at Detnews who I watch the games with bring it up whenever Cabrera comes to bat ...expecting him to knock one over the fence or clear the bases with one swing of the bat and it didn't happen when they really could have used his perceived greatness to end this race yesterday!!!!

Oh by the way...Bondy was suspended three games for last nights bean ball circus ....like we needed him anyway...:sssh:
  16. BillLaimbeer

It's not preceived. Cabrera is one of the best players in the game. The Tigers are lucky to have this guy under contract for many years to come.
  17. detteam

detteam All-Star

Things are ugly in Minny & Detroit right now :(
  18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

on the flip side, if your a twins fan things look pretty good in detroit and minny just about now...
  19. BillLaimbeer

Looks like this thing is going down to the wire.

I read the other day that teams that clinch too early (with a week or more to go) rarely make it to the World Series (like one team has done it in the last 10 years).
  20. LA Dre

He will great for years to come, but right now they need him to great this last weekend of the season and beyond and so far the last two games he is hitting about as well as I do:sssh:.......he "admired" three straight strikes by Peavy in the first inning with two on and one out...from there we went down hill

The tigers have one hit so far through 7 innings....is it because their hitting coach was suspended?? Yeah we can use that excuse for tonights pathetic showing despite Jackson's gopher pitches..

....yep I'm mad...my wife wanted to go see a movie tonight and I wanted to stay home to see a live Tiger celebration...shoulda just made her happy with dinner and a movie...