Tigers Tiger Chat 2011

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by roscoe36, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Fister has done very well in the Tigers "D".

Looks 50/50 tonight to me..........

We'll just have to wait and see........

Good fortune tonight.......Go Tigers !!!!!!!!!
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

To be honest, I don't see the Tigers or the Yankees winning tonight. :pound:
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That 7th inning was a mess.
    Lets see if TFis is up to the challenge.
    6-5 Tigs would be realistic.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The 7th inning didn't really matter. The Tigers scored 1 run all night and the Yankees had 4 runs already.

You think the Tigers can score 6 runs off Nova?
  5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I think the Tigers are in trouble. It was bad karma when that idiot [STRIKE]Vince Young[/STRIKE] Valverde opened his big mouth.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep I said the same thing....the Yanks may not have said they took exception to Papa Grande's statements, but we know for darn sure that the Tiger bats and middle relief pitchers sure enough didn't try to back up their [STRIKE]savior[/STRIKE] saver's comments.

The only way he gets out of NY unscathed is to not only come out and strike out the side in the bottom of the ninth, but come in a pinch hit in the top of the ninth and hit the game winning home run. :MusicBigGrin: Unfortunately he has only two at bats in his career and one resulted in a double his first year with d-backs..

On another note, if they do fail to advance then they think about how the power bats were shut down, was JL playing his best lineup, and boy did they miss Boesh and the ill fated Zumaya who may never pitch for the Tigers again.....and did AL-AL recover from his injuries...before being thrown out to the wolves...

Go Get'em Tigers!!
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

8. Darth Tater

Did Rufus Henry get drunk and end up at a baseball game?

Squirrel returns to Busch Stadium, heads for home during at-bat - Big League Stew - MLB Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Phillies & Cardinals tonight. Game 5. Halladay vs. Carpenter. Should be fun. (pick: Phillies) Why? The Phillies are a better team and Halladay is a monster. But the Cardinals only got in because the Phillies beat the Braves in extra innings on that crazy final day of the season. Cardinals the team of destiny? Pujols is dangerous. Ryan Howard is cold. Still...I grabbed my phillies hat from the closet, brushed off the dust, and wore it to the movie theater last night (where we saw a ridiculous flick called Transformers 3. Now, it is my own dang fault. I thought the first one was pretty good. I was totally bored in the 2nd one but I forgot about that. So the third one lasted about 4 hours. Don't you love the dollar theaters? four (40 bux for a movie and any two concession items you want...popcorn, big box of candy, soda, etc...but i digress...but who the hell cares because there ain't no basketball season and SOMEONE has to keep the chat alive).:stirthepot::) Oh. So I am dying to see Harry potter which comes on Friday. I didnt want to pay 45 bucks to take the family. i've never read the books so i am in suspense, but the damned theater was running previews...which these days tell about the entire movie...and I closed my wife and I closed our eyes and made babble talk to try not to hear what was going on. I DID see something and it pizzed me off.

Fister vs. Nova for the Tigers and damned Yankees tomorrow. (pick: Yankees). I'm just not feeling it for the Tigers. Where are the bats? The Yankees came up big when they had to do so. Like i said, bad karma saying the series was over. I thought the same thing when that really good pitcher on the tigers got caught throwing Vaseline balls in the World Series against the Cardinals a few years back. baseball players are a highly superstitious lot.
  9. Darth Tater

10. LA Dre

All advantages go to the Yankees in this one except for power>>>Cabrera, Martinez, Avila, maggs, but unfortunately all we got from them in 4 games is a couple of dingers.....even the Yankees defense has stolen runs from us, where we have seen two balls fall beyond the reach of potential golden glove winner Ajax.....Speaking of Ajax, wondering why he is still the lea doff man..?? Does he have any hits in this series yet?

We may have the advantage in starting pitching, but the Yanks have the advantage in setup men and even though Papa is 50/50 this year, I would still go with Rivera,as the best closer, as he gets the job done with less drama.

Therefore the only way the Tigers win is if the White Sox pitchers show up and our bats break out for 7-8 runs in the first four innings. I think we lose any close game so it is important that we get to Inova early and if Fister tires, Scherzer comes in for the set up.
  11. Nemo

Tigers win tonight...9-4...:stirthepot:

Go Tigers...........
  12. Darth Tater

Yankees 4

Tigers 1

:hanged2:
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Well much better series than Twinks Yanks last year.
  14. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I am going to have a heart attack before this one is over.
  15. LA Dre

Does your wife know CPR?
  16. Darth Tater

SWEET!:whoo::whoo::whoo::p_welldone::p_welldone::p_welldone::cheerlie-GOAL::cheerlie-GOAL::party2::party2::party2::djparty::djparty::djparty:
  17. max

max All-Star

Great win.

Its really different not having a long drawn out post season. Just one 5 game series and its off to the ALCS.

I was looking at the pitching staff. Talent really falls off after Verlander. They have a couple of decent relievers. One of their starters had an era over 500? wt... Hopefully they will be ok. Texas has pretty much the same record as us.
  18. Nemo

We won...:)

We were outscored 28-17 in the 5 game series...:cold:

We still have Verlander starting next game...:MusicBigGrin:

Time for some humor......................

There were these two tigers walking beyond the African savanna and into the jungle. They were very full after a recent meal so they proceeded slowly. They followed a single file pathway into the thick brush when the lead tiger stopped. Suddenly...the second tiger licked the rear of the first tiger. The first tiger, startled turned around and asked, "why did you do that". The second tiger apologized, then said...............................................................

"sorry, but I had to get the taste of Yankee out of my mouth.........
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Also, we gave up 10 hits, but only 2 runs tonight, which is incredible.

Benoit was amazing in this one. The guts he showed in throwing change ups on fast ball counts was very impressive. He also did the right thing and refused to throw the strike down the middle with 3-2, based loaded.

And Valverde backing up his guarantee with a perfect 9th... striking out A-Rod is the perfect way to close out the Yanks.

Also, Leyland continues to manage for the Championship, not just the game at hand. He resets Verlander (our #1 weapon) for the next series. It really would have been awkward for us had he over gambled tonight. The man knows what he's doing folks.
  20. LA Dre

Boy the relief pitching really came through tonightGiraldi used 7 pitchers trying hold it down until their bats cold get to our shaky set up relief, but our relievers really came through tonight and there was no Coke, Penney, Perry, Albuquerque, Schlereth or over worked Verlander to screw it up.:sssh:

Our big bats really stunk it up though and we were lucky to get those back-to-back dingers to open the game. .....We were sweating it out on the DetNews Tiger talk just praying for another run or two. (They struck out 13 times!!!)

Finally Jackson gets a hit off CC ( I can pitch anytime coach) and he scores the winning run. You have to wonder if Ajax could have gotten more hits in this series, we could have ended this series in 4:sssh:

Tidbits:
    Ramon Santiago one of the heroes of game 2 was almost tonights goat leaving 4 men on base and in an odd occurrence made the last out of the inning each of the 4 times he batted:sssh:

Poor ARod....already being booed in warm ups or every time he steps out of the dugout, had a poor series and made the last out of the game swinging.

Stars of the series our late season acquisitions in Fister and Young
    and Finally....Papa Grande.. who made the bold predictions about celebrating in Motown, had to get on a plane to celebrate a couple days later in the Bronx and finished the Yanks off in less than 10 pitches...not as quick as Rivera's 5 pitch stint in the top of the 9th, but more rewarding.

ESPN...no Yankees or Red Sox...wonder if they will even cover the ALCS:)