1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

TIGERBEAT presented by Stroh's

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by OLD SKOOL HQ, Mar 4, 2007.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm headed to the Sox-Tigs game tonight. I hope it doesn't get rained out... or snow.

2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Zoom lost his focus. It's not often he comes into the game in the 9th with the 6 run lead. But it was strange non the less to see him walk 4 guys in an inning.

On the positive note, Durbin finally got a good outing in. He was great at Toledo last year, but I guess he was never able to translate minor league success into a starting job in the majors. Sheff is starting to get back to his normal self, and Maggs is on a roll. Now we need to get the bottom half of our lineup going and we'll be just peachy.

3. mikhail1973

It did get rained out, I was hoping the Tigs can keep their hot hitting going, but oh well, they'll have to continue at home.

:rain:

4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Zoom lost his focus. It's not often he comes into the game in the 9th with the 6 run lead. But it was strange non the less to see him walk 4 guys in an inning. "
    I think the sleet got to him. At least Jones got it done.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Man...

I had great seats for once and it gets rained out. They cancelled the game at about 3:30 in the afternoon (why???) and then it cleared up and was perfect for the rest of the night. Looking at the radar at 3:30, it was obvious that the storm was about to pass over.

I didn't think they did it like that in baseball. I've been to games where we had to sit there for 2 hours in the rain before they cancelled.

6. mikhail1973

I didn't know they called it off that early. I saw it was postponed at mlb.com. Somehow it always happens that way. On the other hand, maybe you could get to the game when they make this up and the weather is nicer. Hopefully it'll work out.

7. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

The Tigers are struggling. There defense is terrible, way to many errors (two more today). Leyland and Ledezma got ejected in today's game after an apparent "obstruction of the baserunner" call after a rundown at third to home! AND they ended up losing 11-3.

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Brandon Inge hit a homer in the bottom of the ninth to salvage what was a great weekend at least for the other Detroit sports teams. (Tigs beat Twins 4-3)

Pistons finish off sweep, Red Wings avoid going down 0-2 heading out west, Lions draft a couple of playas, including a Spartan and 4 or 5 Wolverines get drafted in the first two rounds of the NFL draft.
    :focus:
    The Tigers avoided another sweep, but the defending AL Champs need to get their act together with that hitting. All 13 victories seem to be the result of the long ball and most of the losses seem to be of the 1-2 run margin. They need to get some consistent hitting to compete with the teams their dvision which you see is already beating each other up.

9. mikhail1973

Tigers also need to get their pitching straightened out. The bullpen had been inconsistent, and they blew several saves just this past week. Zoom needs to get it together. Rodney seems to be doing better, and Jones... well, that guy's nick says it all - "rollercoaster".

10. mikhail1973

So, what do you know? The Tigs sweep the Baltimore and things are looking much better:
    The bullpen looked solid
    Sheff, Inge, Monroe, and Casey are warming up
    Polanco is a beast
    Maggs is an animal
    I know it was against team that lost 9 of 10, but still the Tigers are finally finding some solid grounds under their feet. Lets just hope they can keep it up.

:djparty:

11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Why did Balt. try to dis' Sheffield? They threw at him yesterday and since then he is 5 for 5 with 2 dongs. Nice 4-3 win today...Sheff 4 for 4!!!

12. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Mario Impbemba made a comment (with no prior knowledge) about Shef's relationship with Baltimore saying that it is quite possible the bad blood started when Shef was a Yank since New York and Baltimore play each other 17 times a season. Plenty of time to get pissed at one another.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If I start getting into baseball statistics, I'm in trouble.

But, just want to point out that Detroit has 4 players in the top 20 in the AL for on-base-percentage. If this is a slump for Shef, then I'm pretty excited to see what he can really do.

#7- Mags .421
    #13 Guillen .402
    #18 Polanco .397
    #20 Sheffield .383

14. mikhail1973

I dunno if Mags can keep it up at this rate, but it would be awesome if he can. Sheff's should go up, because he's only hitting .226 at this time and it should get better and his K's should come down with his walks remaining about the same. Guillen is right where he's been for the past few years. And Polanco is the toughest out in the MLB. He only K'd 3 times in over 110 at bats. I just hope that Granderson can inch closer to this group.

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

aFTER THIS WEEK I GOT TWO WORDS ABOUT THE TIGERS....

WE'REEE BAAAAA-AAACKK!
    TRUST ME......

16. mikhail1973

I sure hope you're correct, sir.

17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Tigers win again...17-11!! Hopin 4 a sweep! Playing like the Pistons and Wings, not one player is leading the charge. Pudge went 0-5 vs Royals 2nite, but could go 4-4 with 3 rbi tomorrow!! Go bengals!!

18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Sheff needs to take his walks. He had 13 during that slump.

19. mikhail1973

6 wins in a row and tied for the 1st. Cleveland finally cooled off. Their pitching is going to give them troubles. I just hope that Tigers pitching can hold up. Maroth is struggling, Durbin only pitched one good game. We need Rogers back in the top shape, and Maroth needs to get it together. The hitting is coming on strong, Maggs has been on a tear. Sheff, Monroe, and Casey are warming up. Polanco is hitting every pitch. Rodriguez cooled off a bit as well as Granderson, but there are enough live bats to keep things moving along. Inge is still struggling, at .160.

20. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Tigers reliever Joel Zumaya is expected to be out for 12 weeks because of a ruptured tendon in his middle right finger. That's a tough loss for the Tigers and it weakens our bullpen and the depth in the bullpen for a little while. Lets see if other guys can step it up.