TIGERBEAT presented by Stroh's

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by OLD SKOOL HQ, Mar 4, 2007.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Aint worrying about Mariners for now. Heck we didn't even need Maroth.
    And what is wrong with CoAmer.? I remember Juan Gon. saying move the fences in.
    -
    As for that coach, I never thought you could fake earning a multi-million dollar contract. If your mind aint into it, people will question you.
  2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    TIGERS CORNER: Zumaya news good

3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

This team really frustrates me. They are 2-5 against Cleveland so far this season. Really, really tough loss last night. Maybe the toughest loss of the season. Nate Robertson, again, can only go five innings. He is such an inefficient pitcher. 108 pitches in five innings! Geez, Nate, get them to swing at the ball. Quit nibbling.

Hopefully, getting Zumaya back can help this team although I'd like to see Rodney back, too, with his head on straight. I like the fact that Dombrowski has made some trades to try and shore up the 'pen. If the Tigers don't get into the playoffs again this year, it won't be for lack of trying. At this point, however, they wouldn't be favored in a series against Boston, Cleveland or Los Angeles. 81 more games to go. Their first half has been OK, but I expect bigger things in the second half. I think if they get to 95 wins, they're in.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Team really should have more wins cause of the high talent level. This is their year to become flakes...........I see 85 wins, but hope that I'm wrong. Talent wise, should be 105............
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

To tell you the truth gazoo, Nate was inconsistent last year being the 4th pitcher on squad and the team never seem to score any runs when he pitched anyway. They should have kept Maroth on the team and let Nate be the possible set up man. After all it seems he can only go those 2-3 innings but after that??? Maroth seem to be back in the groove after sitting out almost all of last year and suffering those 21 losses back in 2003.

The other thing is Leyland is a good coach, but to conservative for my liking and IMO, he is another Flip Saauders type that means that we can possibly get to the championship, but what will we do when we get there (I guess I can't blame the butter finger pitching collapse on him though)

The other thing that I think I pointed out last week or so is that a 20-19 record at Comerica is something the defending Al champion should be ashamed of. How can you expect to compete for a title when you are just barely making it at home??? 5 more home wins and they would be the best team in the majors (52-29) instead of fighting to hold to the wildcard spot. Weren't they about 40 games above 500 at the end of July last year.
  6. mikhail1973

Tigers were 30 games above .500 a year ago. But they also had healthy Zumaya, normal Rodney, and they had Walker that held the bullpen together. Their ERA was 3.6, this year Tigers' ERA is 4.4. And that'll do it.
  7. mikhail1973

ESPN - Tigers' Perez tests positive for banned stimulant - MLB

Now, this is pathetic. Taking drugs and still can't hit worth a lick. I guess we should get off Barry's bashing bandwagon even if he did take stimulants and such.
    I think they should just release the guy outright.
  8. ggazoo69

Well, at least it won't hurt the team. I agree, release the guy.
  9. Nemo

Ok.......I'll make some calls. Look for the cut soon.............
  10. ggazoo69

I think they have called up some guy from Toledo, their third basemen Ryan Raburn, who might be playing tonight. Got some young, unproven guys in there tonight with Andrew Miller and Raburn. Miller, Bonderman and freaking Nate Robertson going this weekend. No Kenny or Justin. I see Boston taking 2 out of 3 this weekend. They already got us 3-1 this season overall.
  11. Nemo

But at least Leyland plays the youth........He's not afraid to give the "minutes" to the new/young guys.
  12. mikhail1973

He's actually a centerfielder. He was up with Tigers before. Was supposed to be good earlier, but had a bad accident. This year he's hitting .292 with 17hr and 64rbi in 85 games. Looks like Shelton is nowhere nere the last year's form. Only .276 with 8hr 42rbi and 91K's. This way he ain't going nowhere. There's another interesting guy in Toledo - Mike Hessman. He plays 3rd and 1st. He's hitting .269 with 26hr and 84rbi in 85 games. The problem is strikeouts - he's got 110 already. But the power numbers are there for sure.
  13. ggazoo69

Right, he's an outfielder. I got him mixed up with Hessman.
  14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Nice 9-2 victory over the Bosox yesterday.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Does anybody know whether or not MLB extra innings will offer mid-season discounts like NBA Leage Pass did?
  16. mikhail1973

Great pitching by Miller. Hopefully he can stay consistent.
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That was relief, right?
    Verlander got the win.
  18. mikhail1973

Not sure I follow this. Miller pitched 7 innings and got a victory. Bondo pitched 8 innings today gave up only 2 runs (both in the 1st, of course) but didn't get the win, and bullpen held on to win in 13 on Pudge's walk-off single.
  19. ggazoo69

Kind of an infuriating win last night by the Tigers, but a win is a win. They had bases loaded twice in the late innings and couldn't push one across. Of course, neither could Boston. Better clutch hitting will be needed in the playoffs. Glad to see they beat Papelbon though. I was wrong about Boston taking 2 out of 3 in this series. I'd love to see them beat the crap out of Dice K today and beat Boston 4 out of 7 this season. I'm surrounded by Red Sox fans and I need some kind of repellent that can clear them out of the way like the little bugs they are.
  20. mikhail1973

It will be very tough today. Maggs and Polanco are not playing for sure. I am assuming that Pudge is going to get a day off as well after catching 13 innings. And we have Robertson, who struggled lately, starting.