Tigers TIGERS 2014 THREAD

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Oct 24, 2013.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I only wished they could rescind the deal with Soria, who loaded the bases in the 7th and then hit a batter to put the go ahead runner on base.

Then the once formidable 8th inning stopper JOBA allowed two more runs and the Tigers are now down 7-4.....do we have any bats to get back in the game? Looks like we need offense these days and we just gave away one player who was at least hot during the second half of the season.

I go back and look at the 4th and 5th innings and recall how the Tigers had two runners on in each of those innings and failed to score.

By the way the game is on WGN TV

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

what ?
    you just don't come in here and lay that heavy stuff on me !
    where is the predicate ?
    where was the build up ?
    why no gentle massage ?

4. LA Dre

Ajax had no clue what was going on ....guess Raja told him as they were passing each other on the field....

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

we lost Smyly. he could be as good as Porcello in 2 yr.

6. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Holy smokes!

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's not bush league. That is protocol. You take a guy out of the game immediately if a trade is in the works. If he dives and breaks his wrist, we lose David Price. It's just common sense what the Tigers did.

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

DID U KNOW??...THE TIGERS have the last three AL CY YOUNG WINNERS????

TaS likes this.
  10. LA Dre

11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks good to me. That didn't take long.

12. LA Dre

A lineup loaded with three Cy Young award winners and two MVP's and triple crown winner and no rings to show for it.

roscoe36 likes this.
  13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

THE respectable Steve Stone said on WGN that he has NEVER SEEN that happen! They did it because they had to get him off the field before 4pm!! It was 3:54 at the time it was official.......although he did get a nice hand from the crowd....the team seemed stunned and scherzer looked at AJ smiling and shaking his head incredulously

14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

they are the Sacremento Kings / Utah Jazz of baseball.

LA Dre likes this.
  15. LA Dre

Frustrated fans leave in the middle of a review???

Even they were shocked that Vmart, one of the league leaders in GIDP was called safe.....

So that is now 5 losses in the last 7. Lets hope the arrival of Price and the new month turns the bats around...

Would have been nice to have gotten that guy from the A's Cespedes to put in the out field...we need power!!

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

We are now and outfielder short.....I see Ed Carrera being called up soon...No way DD can be THAT SURE of Davis in center field and Dirks as a left handed bat!! NO WAY!!

17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

BELIEVE :)

18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Here's my take now that I have time to read some articles and watch MLB network:

THE TIGERS STOLE DAVID PRICE FOR:
    - Austin Jackson , who never has seen a ball he would dive for, never stole a base that mattered and is about as consistent as my high school love life
    - Drew Smyly, who is a left-handed pitcher-nothing more-nothing less-nothing special
    - and a rookie I never heard of until 2 weeks ago..(from Lynn Henning-
    Most costly, the Tigers lost 18-year-old shortstop Willy Adames, who was destined to be their top prospect in 2015 and who represents a potential coup for the Rays.) If this kid is THAT good , why do we need Iglesias(21 yrs old) or Suarez(22 yrs) Henning is still the overblown wind bag he 's been since I could read papers!!!

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140731/SPORTS0104/307310126#ixzz395WjTv4s

Even with one of the best rotations in the league coming in, the Tigers' appeal on Price was the same as it would've been for any club, including a 3.18 ERA for his career, a 3.11 ERA for the season, and a league-leading 189 strikeouts over 170 2/3 innings. His 24.9 wins above replacement since 2010 ranks fifth among all Major League pitchers.(from MLB.com)
    This guy goes 8 innings every start , has the moxie to throw at David Ortiz when needed and is a solid ACE who should put the balls back in Verlander's jock strap!! Plus, he is a PREMIUM lefty pitching in a pitcher's ballpark. He was also brought here to beat the A's (Moss), O's (Chris Davis) and Angels (Hamilton) THATS ALL WE HAVE to do!!!!! I mean , if I start a series today, I go with:
    1. Scherzer
    2. Price
    3. Verlander
    4. Sanchez
    5. Porcello

Now hat happens is you match up the opposing teams 1 thru 5 against our 1 thru 5 and it SHOULD be NO CONTEST!

All these naysayers about the trade has to remember is that today is not YESTERDAY> We start the season August 1st!!! Time for everyone to get in playoff mode and play for the Title. Favoritism for our players in Detroit is among the best in baseball. BUT Price over Jackson?? PUHLEEZE!!! What has jackson ever done for the Tigers when it mattered?? I felt worse when we lost Granderson- a community guy and a guy who had 30 hr's , 30 doubles and almost 30 triples in one season! My brother met jackson in a bar off woodward once and he had the same stuck up attitude he has on the field. The last three Tigers CF's have been Cameron Maybin, Grandy and Austin Jackson.

Offensively: We need Davis to take this opportunity and run with it!!! He will be a liabilty defensively but Carrera is a good defensive replacement until he catches up with major league pitching again. Carrera's 43 steals can NOT be taught however. Thats 68 steals from our center fielders. Hopefully that will make up for the loss in defense, but guess what?? Aint no Gold Gloves on AJ's desk!!!!

Also, J.D. Martinez just EXHALED!!! He can now relax and do what he did today. You can now look at it as Tigers got JD and Iglesias for Avasial Garcia since Boston just traded away Peavy.

With baseball, sometimes you have to roll the dice (Delmon Young) and hope you dont shoot craps(Jacque jones and Jose veras and Steve Lombardozzi)

coynejeremy and LA Dre like this.
  19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Oh Yeah, next year Price is arbitration eligible. He is at $14 million now and will be awarded about $18 mill. This gives the Tigers a great trade chip ESPECIALLY if we win the Title THIS year. OR we can trade one of the other guys (Verlander, Porcello or sanchez--most likely) for some outfielders to replace Hunter and Davis until Moya and other AAAers show they can play!!! Then we sign Price what we offered Scherzer(cuz Scherzer's gone people) and you still have a decent 4 man rotation of Price, Verlander, Sanchez and Porcello!! ON PAPER, this trade is unbelievable....

roscoe36 likes this.
  20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

And I think the A's vs Tigers will be the best playoff series since the Yankees vs DBacks World series

roscoe36 likes this.