Tigers TIGERS 2014 THREAD

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Oct 24, 2013.

1. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I have seen enough of Nathan. Great move to get him out of there. With an ERA well over 5, I have all the evidence I need. Time to make a move.

OLD SKOOL HQ and roscoe36 like this.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

dang I missed the game watching the Basketball HOF ceremonies. Those guys really tell some great stories don't they and the history is great....wish I was there:focus:

Once again, our starter pitches well enough to win, the batters struggle and the bullpen (that damn Joe Nathan) blows another probable win. If Joe struggled last night with 26 pitches, why didn't Brad just pitch Joba the eventual loser in the ninth?

And now lets go back to real story here.....4 hits?????? You can have the best four pitchers in the league (some say we do), but it you can't muscle more than four hits and couple of runs a game you are only going to win every 3 games.

Miggy is 1 for his last 19 AB.....so goes Miggy, so goes the Tigers
    When I went to see the Tigers play the Angels on 7/27, Miggy was leading the league with 81 RBI......that was 2 weeks ago. He has three RBI since then and has 5 hits in his last 27 bats and is batting .185 for August.

3. LA Dre

These are the supposedly the comments made by Nathan after the game.....how much are they paying this guy.....with an attitude like that, it will only be 162 games...

I saw both the Max and Brad post game interviews....both indicated Max had given his all...still doesn't explain why he put Nathan in there...designated closer or not...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If Nathan is your closer, then you have to pitch him in that situation. That's the closer's role. If he can't finish that game, we need to identify a new closer.

5. LA Dre

Don't like that philosophy....if the setup man pitches 20 innings, the manager deems him "too tired" to pitch the next game....the closer throws 26 shaky pitches but comes in the next game just because he got a save the prior game. There has to be a couple of teams in the league where the manager can count on two pitchers in the coveted closer role. Its obvious that Brad and Jeff have no confidence in anyone other than Nathan to close it.....the fans probably no confidence anyone but would love to see anyone but Nathan take ownership of the job...to bad the now injured Soria has been too shaky to seize the role.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think they are giving him a ton of leeway because of his body of work. They are paying him a lot and hoping he snaps out of it at some point. The confidence is pretend and probably meant to boost his confidence. Valverde went through the same thing and ended up just being washed up.

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If I was a starter and time and time again I see the same guy blow my hard work, I pull the Coach aside and say don't let that guy blow another of MY games.
    That's just too much excellence to BLOW !
    Tell me I'm not a team player and I'll tell you "Right I expect to play for another manager next year."

8. LA Dre

I don't if Nathan was signed for 1 or 2 years, but you know Max is a definite gonner if he can't rely on a decent closer (Nathan) get save a few wins for you when you pitched what should have been a win....I mean Max gave a team answer when asked about how Nathan looked, but I seem to recall the players showing some discontent with Valverde a couple of years back....

9. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

It will be interesting to see if Ausmus stays the course with Nathan. I wonder if KC is going to cool off anytime soon.

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

KC has Holland We have Nathan....oy!

11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Nathan is here for the two...this whole episode is just crazy...I feel like the three stooges when they pull their hair out! This just cant be,,,,Jones, Rodney, Valverde now Nathan.....how???

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Max says he was done. But this bully can't be trusted for more than 1 out each.

13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I DONT know what happened since Y2K that has wussified the men in this country!! You mean to tell me that DD and Brad cant look a pitcher or player in the eye and say 'Thats it..you aint getting the job done. Im making a change!' Whenever someone in authority is afraid to make changes, that person is masking his own shortcomings and insecurities. Lesson learned in hiring a manager that talks a good game in an interview but is afraid to show it on the field.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Bet he won't be 'done' when he cashes his check every two weeks. "Oh, 2, 000,000?? Oh please, I cant take any more...I'm DONE!"

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

BTW. aren't the NBA HOF ceremonies the crappiest ceremony of all?? They have 5 guys introducting or 'welcoming' one person in and it's hardly anybody affiliated with the person being inducted. It also seems that the person has to already be IN the Hall Of fame to 'welcome' the inductee in. Do they even get a plague or a headpiece or anything while they are on stage??? It would be better if they had a family member, high school coach or former teammate doing the introducing instead of Ahmad "I kiss ass therefore I am" Rashad!!,,,....BTW, the WORST speech I ever heard in any capacity was Micheal Jordan's "I guess I showed you" HOF speech. Hell awaits, Jordan!

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Stop it...

17. detteam

detteam All-Star

It's almost like the bullpen area is cursed. Maybe they should swap pens and use the visitor pen instead

18. BillLaimbeer

Of course, if your closer has been over-worked then you make him unavailable until he is ready to go again. Perhaps that should have been the case last night. Nathan talked about throwing lots of pitches in the bullpen against the Yankees, even in games where he didn't pitch.

Right now, though, Joe's the closer:

Why did Detroit Tigers' Brad Ausmus go to Joe Nathan again? 'Joe's the closer' | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

19. BillLaimbeer

Cubs add ex-Tigers pitcher Jacob Turner to roster | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

THIS is the stupidest game I've ever seen...no one can win...it's why I still believe in the 15 inning TIE theory..If u too bad enough to win after this long you don't deserve a win!!!..the two most underachieving clubs of the last two years!