TIGERS VS CARDS...breakin it down

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by OLD SKOOL HQ, Oct 20, 2006.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Here's my breakdown by position of the 2006 World series:

POS TIGERS CARDS ADVANTAGE
    1B CASEY PUJOLS CARDS.....Pujols is the 2nd best player in the world...Ichiro is Number 1

2B POLANCO BELLIARD TIGERS ...mvp of the Tigers
    SS GUILLEN ECKSTEIN TIGERS...better run production from guillen, but we need to contain Ecksiein's intangibles
    3B INGE ROLEN EVEN...A healthy rolen is best 3rd bagger in the game, Inge best team player in the game
    C PUDGE MOLINA TIGERS...the best defensive catchers in baseball will make base stealing obselete
    LF MONROE WILSON TIGERS...Mr Clutch for the Tigers started 9th inning rally vs A's in Game 4; Wilson will be wildcard
    CF GRANDERSON EDMONDS EVEN...Trust me! This will be the difference maker positin in how they go, so goes their teams.
    RF ORDONEZ ENCARNACION TIGERS...my prediction based on the ALCS; Maggs will be the MVP
    STARTERS.....TIGERS....They are the reason this could be a sweep. i just cant see anyone on the Cards hurting this sataff over 6 innings , IF THEY ARE ON!
    RELIEVERS.....TIGERS.....This aint even close, even witha healthy IGGY
    BENCH..........tigers...aside from Duncan, there is no fire power on the Cards bench
    MANAGERS......EVEN...As even as even can be. But Larussa must be smarter in the intangible department.

WORD UP: DETROIT , in spite of 19-31, were the baseball team of the year. No other team came close to 40 games over .500 but the Tigers. and if yall think they good now WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR! TIGERS in 5!!

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Tigers in 6 here. Of course I would love another sweep, but I think a clincher at Comerica next Saturday and even the Lions come out on the field to celebrate:)

3. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Tigers in 5. They will jump all over the Cardinals starting pitching (maybe except Carpenter) Otherwise, the Tigers offense should look really good. And then they will have to pitch Pujols really well, especially if anybody is on base. It all starts today, and I can't wait.

4. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

We would not want to piss off the Cardinals when they read this :pound: , so I won't say the Tigers in 4.

Instead, I will say the Tigers in 6, and that is being conservative.

This is the year. They had their cold streak and are re-peaking.

5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I thought you didn't like to make predictions, Dre? :MusicBigGrin:

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Tigers chat is open, Saturday October 21st.

7. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

The Tigers have to get there bats going. Two runs in a game won't get you anywhere. Verlander needs to get going also along with there whole pitching staff. Todays game at 8:00 is a very important game for the Tigers, TO WIN.

8. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

9. LA Dre

You are right when it comes to a whole season, because you never know what key player will get injured in the first month or what other team will have an unexpected breakout (like this years Tigers)

But in a short series you can look at the monentum and throw a prediction out. Of course now that theory is thrown out as the momentum seems to be in jeopardy since they did not play for 6 days. I for one was worried about that, but hopefully they regain that momentum swagger and grab 4 out fo the next 5 games!!! Go get-em Tigers!:thumb:

10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I think that's the last game the Cards win. I bet they don't score more than 4 a game for the series. Reyes came out of nowhere. 5 wins is the lowest win total for a series starter ever. Kinda like Jim starting Nate.

11. roscoe36

Tigers cheating like crazy!

I just saw Casey lean into a pitch, and Kenny Rogers is using Pine Tar (apparently).

I read up on Wikipedia, it's pretty normal for pitchers to use Pine Tar. It's a trade secret...

12. detteam

detteam All-Star

Freakin Blue Jays fans :)

13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

%$#*&^%$#@!^&&**(**#@@@$%^&*(()%%$# CANNUCKS!!!! Stick to hockey! :rant2::angrysoapbox:

:pound:

14. roscoe36

Look, he was cheating the way pitchers do all the time. I'm fine with it.

What I find hilarious are the Detroit fans who want to pretend nothing was going on.

The refs handled it right, and Kenny has been flat out dominant anyway. Kudos to him for not letting the hand washing deal affect his concentration.

15. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I was kidding.

16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Kenny said it was just dirt... it was that sticky pine tar looking dirt... works for me.... all kidding aside that was a dumb move risking getting tossed.... not like he needed it.

Ol' Jonesey is gonna cause some premature heart attacks.

Maybe the rust is gone now... gotta get those bats going.

17. LA Dre

Kenny Rogers says it was a dirt mark on it's hand and the Umpire supervisor Steve Palermo says it was mud. Looks like this was a situation brought up Tim McCardinal in the Fox booth that trickled down to the Cards dugout and then out the umps.

18. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Yeah, I hope the rust is gone from the Tiger bats. They will need more than 3 a game to finish off the Cards, I think.

Todd had Kenny crappin' his diapers in that last innning. You could just see him wishing he was back out there. He didn't throw a hundred pitches. The trouble was with the fielding and Kenny is a gold-glove pitcher.

All's well that ends well, but his heart was in his throat there for a while. Mine was, too.

19. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i would've let rogers finish the game but hey - jones does this every couple times, so maybe we got it out of the way with no harm done ;D this game could have easily been 7 or 8 to 0. hopefully we'll capitalize better on opportunities. it still looked like we had some very poor at-bats, but then again the cards were throwing 1st and 2nd-pitch strikes.

20. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

It's phenominal how well Jimmy's move have worked out... there's no way Kenny should have been outta the game... but I think he wanted to get Jones some work in.... The cards haven't seen zoom yet.... he'll get a lot of work in St. Louis