Tigers vs. the White Sox

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

You guys don't seem very excited about the Tigers.:confused: They are doing unbelievably well. Is Motown going nuts over them yet? I can't seem to get the proper feel by just reading articles.

Is Jim Leyland willing to coach the Pistons after the baseball season? Now THAT is a coach!!!

I'm really excited about this series even though I haven't caught a game on the television or radio yet. If the Tigers can win two of three that would be great, but as long as they don't get swept they are still in good shape.

2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Oh yeah, been following them closely... I think they should move Verlander up in the rotation so he can face the Sox... a sweep and we're 7 1/2 up on them.
    We need a good right fielder so Mags can DH... he's brutally slow out there.
    I agree that there doesn't seem to be enough hype for the Tigs... best come back story of the year.

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

ML Baseball is a lie.
    The Tigs will be playing WSox about 9 more times over the next 3 weeks. Could be interesting.
    Yankees making there move. Wild card battle insane.
    When do we get Maroth back?
    As of right now the league is the Tigers B!t@h !

4. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

I've been following the Tigers closely also, I've watched every game this season so far (nothing better to do). The Tigers are in good condition even if they lose the series, they have a 4 1/2 game lead going into today's game. The Sox are STRUGGLING right now, they just got swept by the yankees. Their pitching is struggling too, and contreas's streak just got snapped (winning 19 games in a row or something like that)

Here's an intersting article that the Chicago Tribune wrote-saying the White Sox are still better:
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060718/SPORTS0104/607180321

5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

DT, I'm very excited for the next few days. I have the MLB online package so I've watched or listened to 90 percent of the games this season. I'm worried about the White Sox series and us having two left-handers (Robertson and Rogers) going. Rogers has strugged big time as of late and that ChiSox lineup is stocked with heavy-hitting right-handers. Robertson gets into too much trouble and puts too many runners on. He's tough, but so are the Sox. I think Chicago takes 2 of 3 in this series, frankly. Detroit struggled against KC, barely winning two games that could have gone either way. But it also shows they know how to win. Either way, it should be an interesting next three days.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Another loss to the Chisox tonight, a team that was swept by the Yanks over the weekend. If theTigers can't beat the sox teams, the yankees or the A's, then their best record in the majors will be as valuable as the Pistons and Wings was at season end. A nice season long story that flamed out in the playoffs......A prediction that most of the so called baseball experts have already proclaimed at the break.

7. bezeach

Paul Konerko is the ultimate slugger against the tigers this year, it seems like everytime we pitch to him he hits a homer, he had 2 more tonight!

The tigers are only 1-6 against the Sox this season. The tigers know if they want to win against the sox and in the playoffs they have to make a move, and the deadline is 13 days away (not counting today)

8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

maybe they're stockpiling the losses now so in the playoffs they'll be due for wins!! :D

9. Darth Tater

True. But unlike the Wings and Stones the expectations for the Tigers at the beginning of the year were not very high. I don't think a playoff loss is going to be viewed in the same light. :drama: Maybe I'll feel differently when the time comes.

Anyhow, they might just happen to get red hot at the right time like the Heat and Oilers. I just hope they make the playoffs. Collapsing and not making the playoffs would certainly put a damper on things.

Go get em' Tigers.

Hey, that slogan worked in 1968! Nobody expected them to beat the Cardinals. :bounce:(I even remember the theme song as I'm sure a few others on here do).

10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Back when they had "Bat Day"

This year's a big success no matter what happens... they're just getting a sniff of being a big dog... there won't be a failure this year.

11. ggazoo69

Just for you, DT:

http://audio.cdbaby.com/g/gadfly901-01.mp3?urlid=28ecc8aed9e64795cb56

Ernie's call gives me chills every time. Then the song comes on afterward. It's a Quick Time file.

12. Darth Tater

Thanks Gazoo. I just got chills myself (and some funny sideways looks from my kids). Classic.

Excuse me while I go play it again. :nod:

13. ggazoo69

The voice of Ernie Harwell. The guy was "born" to do radio.

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Who would you rather fall out of the playoff race:
    Bosox
    WhiteSox
    or Yanks
    Let me answer that for you - Yanks!
    Actually we have a harder time with Bosox.

15. Darth Tater

Yep, the Yanks because I can't stand them.

But I think any of those three teams are really dangerous, particularly the White Sox.

16. ggazoo69

I'd rather see the ChiSox fall out of it. Detroit is 1-6 vs. Chicago. Chicago is so confident against Detroit right now.

17. Darth Tater

True, and what could be sweeter than knocking out the Yankees? (Although we owe Chicago one for snatching our Center).

18. bezeach

Just got home just in time to see MR. CLUTCH!

Craig Monroe hits a grand slam in the bottom of the 6th to give the tigers a 5-2 lead when the sox were controlling the whole game! :nod:

Bonderman right now is throwing lights out, 6 K's in 6 innings so far, what a game!:eek:

19. ggazoo69

Monroe was long overdue. His RISP batting average has sucked this season. Glad to see him hit a breaking ball outta the yard.

20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm loving that the Tiger forum is picking up.

Where is Zoso? :eyebrows: