Tiki Barber

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by roscoe36, Dec 30, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Tiki is putting on an amazing performance in what could be the last game of his career. Absolutely stunning.
  2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow, you aren't kidding. I just checked it out!

227 rushing yards on 21 attempts for a 10.8 average with 3 TDs and 3 catches for 24 yards. Still 5:20 left in the 4th with NY looking to run clock, so he might still add to those totals.
  3. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

The Giants need a win to make it to the playoffs. They've already lost six of their last seven games, but Tiki might of led them to the playoffs if they win this one. There is a ton of teams with the same record and a ton of possible scenarios.
  4. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Great game by Tiki. Looks like the Giants are going to the playoffs after all :pound:
  5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

And against the Redskins too............I love it!
  6. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

234 yards and three touchdowns officially, wow.
  7. speilman54

speilman54 Second Round Draft Pick

So his foray into broadcasting will have to wait at least one more week. I actually hate the Giants and was really hoping they would lose. Now I have to go back to work on Tuesday and listen to all of the Giant fans I work with. All in all he is a great back who I think is making a smart decsion. At least he will be able to walk away from the game and still be walking years later. See Earl Campbell.
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

spectacular performance. i wish barry hadn't retired so soon. :(
  9. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Barry was my favourite player of all time. It took me years to get over him retiring. I was mad at him for the way he did it, leaving it until just before training camp to decide, giving the team no time to find a decent replacement. I was mad at him for walking away in his prime, leaving the rushing record within reach.

But now, I see exactly why he did it. This team is still a joke 5 years later. They're actually worse than they were when he was there. Having Barry on this team wouldn't have made much of a difference at all. All it would have done, was have all of us questioning if Barry had lost a step. If he should have retired years ago.