1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Time For A Mark Aguirre/Adrian Dantley Move

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Dec 28, 2006.

1. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

So our entire frontcourt would be: 1) 7-1, 215 pound small forward Kevin Garnett; 2) 6-10, 250 pound turnaround jumpshooter Antonio Mc_yess; 3) 6-5, 260 pound power forward Jason Maxiell, and 4) 6-10, 250 pound center Nazr Mohammed?

That's too thin, even if Kevin Garnett is as dominant a player as you think he is.

2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Dude look at KG play........Sheed-Dyess-Dale all added up together don't deliver what KG does. Dale will not be the difference in us winning a title this year. THIS TEAM IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN IT ALL, under any circumstances.

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Plus draft picks (trade material) and the MLE :thumb[1]:

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's times like this that make me wish we had a big man on our roster. A real big man around 6'11 who had some desire to rebound.

5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Killin' time before the game:

Seattle trades: Chris Wilcox, Earl Watson, Danny Fortson

Philly trades: Kyle Korver, Sammy Dalembert, Steven Hunter, Willie Green

Pistons trade: Rasheed Wallace, Nazr Mohammad, Flip Murray

Pistons Receive: Sammy Dalembert, Earl Watson, Danny Fortson (exp)

Seattle Receives: Nazr Mohammed, Kyle Korver, Steven Hunter, Willie Green & lesser Philly 1st round pick

Philly Receives: Rasheed Wallace, Chris Wilcox, Flip Murray

Reasons for Seatle: They need a veteran Center that can score. Watson wants out. They get a 1st rounder and a solid combo guard in Willie Green at a good price.

Reasons for Philly: They get one of LB's favorite NC boys (Sheed) that is more versatile on offense than Dalembert. They get an athletic hard nosed PF/C in Wilcox. Flip replaces Green

Reasons for Detroit: They get a shot blocking, rebounding defensive center (Dalembert). They get 6.8M cap relief next year (Fortson). They get a well rounded backup PG (Watson).

6. max

max All-Star

Mercury - thats an interesting trade. My 1st tought was we should get more for Sheed - at least a draft pick or something thrown in. Then again with how inconsistant Sheed can be that may be the best we could so.

Dalimbert would be a great pickup. He is on a reasonable long-term contract and is only 26 years old.Who knows what he could do with more mins.

Well, I like any move that involves dealing Mohammed and Murry. Just getting those 2 out of town would help us get back to more solid bball.

7. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I like Earl Watson and I love Danny Fortson. But the reason I wouldn't do that trade is that Samuel Dalembert's contract is far worse than Rasheed Wallace's, given his productivity on the basketball court.

Sheed's under contract for two seasons after this one, at $12.5m and $13.7m per. His play has obviously diminished and his competitive fire has dimmed, but it's reasonable to expect that he will be capable of giving a rich man's Robert Horry performances (three-point shooting, excellent defense, decent rebounding, locker room leadership) with the occasional post-up mixed in if his ankles remain healthy.

Sam Dalembert is under contract for four seasons after this one at a rate that will end up paying him $12.2m in 2011. Despite his vast athleticism, he has done absolutely nothing on the basketball court to justify that kind of contract: he's a good rebounder, an excellent shotblocker, and he can finish if you gift-wrap him an uncontested layup at the rim, but that's all. His man-to-man defense is poor, and despite the shotblocking his team defense is worse than that. Offensively he's much worse than Nazr Mohammed. He can't pass, and he's turnover prone. And most significantly, he hasn't improved any aspect of his game since he's entered the NBA, because he has no mental grasp of the game. Say what you will about Rasheed Wallace, but he has one of the highest basketball IQs in the league.

If you want a young center from the Sixers, I'd much rather have Steven Hunter - he's not quite the rebounder, but he's an equally good shotblocker, a far better post defender, and more importantly, knows what to do when he's on the court. Or, if we absolutely have to get Sheed out of town, Theo Ratliff+Michael Olowokandi from Boston.

8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'll stick with my convictions about Sammy... he's scoring almost 10 points in 28 minutes... 58% shooting... there something to be said for making hustle points... he will crash the floor to get a loose ball....he's about as close to Ben as we could expect for the money.... there's still more upside to achieve.
    Sheed is the one that's overpaid for his floating game... I sure don't want to see him in the last two years of his contract.

One thing that's consistent ahb, we don't view players the same. Different strokes.

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Trades
    LAC- Sheed+Flip = Magette & Mobley. The Clips are going nowhere fast, Mags wants out and Brand needs help downlow. Rip needs some COMPETENT help on the Wing. As far as I'm concerned Tay has peaked, he's not a 20ppg (or 17 for that matter) scorer nor will he ever be, he needs to be pushed for his spot, he (Tay) and Sheed don't bring it every night so as far as I'm concerned they can go.

Minny- Sheed+DD+Flip+Dup = KG..........If only Kev and Glen were just that dumb.

Seattle - Sheed= Wilcox & Watson.......Solves dang near all of our problems......we follow this up with a Flip-4-Jalen move straight up and throw in a future 2nd rounder.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That would be really funny if Dupree got sent back up there.

11. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Roscoe, from this thread I gather you think we have no shot at a ring this year? I'm not sure I agree or disagree, but I'm not willing to give up on it and start considering deals that don't help us win this year...

12. roscoe36

I'm just playing internet GM, looking for deals that people may not have considered.

Make the salaries work
    Provide some incentive for both sides
    Don't leave the Pistons empty handed

Do I think we can compete this year? Yes. Do I think we have a good chance to win it all? Not so sure.

It all comes down to Rasheed. A motivated and focused Rasheed at his contract value is priceless. And it's the only way we have a shot. So the question becomes, can Sheed get his head right, or can Flip Saunders/Joe Dumars find a way to motivate him?

13. max

max All-Star

This is one of those years where we can either win it all or lose in the 1st round.

14. roscoe36

Just throwing this out there...

How do y'all feel about Anthony Johnson?

[​IMG]

15. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd take him over Flip any day. More productive, better shooter, rebounds better, better assist to turnover ratio, tougher, more experienced, expects to be a backup...

Ranks 277 in Sprocket Points per minute versus 357 for Flip.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm wondering if Sheed's body can perform if his mind wills it.

Right now, he's living off his reputation and a few made 3-pointers.

When was the last game that he went off in the post like an all-star PF?

It's almost like he's turning into Chris Webber.

17. dba

If you equalize over games played (since CWebb has been down a lot), turning into Webber is a good thing.

Ouch, that hurts to think about.

18. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

And wouldn't it be great if he were an intimidating presence like Zach Randolph?

Or maybe if he played more like the best player in the NBA, Devin Harris, who's led his team to 27 wins already.

19. dba

Well, with Stack hurt I'd buy Harris being the fifth best player in Dallas.

20. roscoe36

ahb, you can't deny that Sheed is sandbagging, and we all know that you can't flip the switch later, or is it flip the script, or is it flop the flip, or flip-flop the coach?

Sheed can be great. Too many nights he's satisfied being ok. When Mr. BS goes down, ok ain't enough.