Time For A Mark Aguirre/Adrian Dantley Move

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Dec 28, 2006.

1. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

No, I can't, but I take issue with comparisons to Chris Webber - anyone being compared to Webber, even Jarron Collins or Pat Burke. C-Webb is bad enough that I have to question the basis for any such comparison.

I like Anthony Johnson. He's efficient, not bad defensively, can shoot, and is underpaid; he's such an enormous upgrade over all three of our current backups that the only question is who Cuban and AJ would want in return (if he's really available). Flip Murray, maybe? He's essentially a mini-Stackhouse, and AJ loves Stackhouse. I don't believe that Cuban would give up a valuable asset so cheaply, but we could get lucky.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I've got Mark's email address. I will start sending him Flip's press clippings from high school.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Also, I am really getting tired of people ragging on Pat Burke. He's the pride of Ireland and one heck of a locker room presence.

[​IMG]
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

who is pat burke????
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I undstand, because Webber has definately lost it. But here it goes anyway.

Sheed/ CWebb
    MPG- 34/30
    PPG- 12.4/11.0
    RPG- 8.8/8.3
    Ast- 1.7/3.4
    Stl- 0.64/1.00
    Blk- 1.75/0.83
    FG%- .429/.387
    3P%- .358/.400

Webber passes better and steals the ball more. Sheed is a better shot blocker. Webber shoots less 3's and at a higher percentage. Sheed has a higher percentage inside the arc, but goes there less often.

Overall, I'd say it's a wash.
  6. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Webber moves like the one leg that still functions is 80 years old, and he couldn't play defense if he tried, which of course he never has. C-Webb is still a significantly better rebounder than Rasheed and has a slight edge in passing ability, but overall, anyone who thinks that's a wash has not watched C-Webb play over the past two seasons. I don't know exactly what issues (beyond the usual ones) Rasheed has physically or psychologically right now, but there's no evidence to suggest that those issues are permanent. C-Webb's are. He will never again be able to make a positive contribution to an NBA basketball team.

I suspect that even someone like John Hollinger, who's never watched a basketball game in his life, would agree with me.
  7. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I thought Guiness was the pride of Ireland? :cheers:
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

AHB, I agree. Webber sucks.

Unfortunately, Sheed is playing at about the same level on offense. We would be a lot better right now if we had the old Sheed back.

I think that he doesn't have the energy level that he used to have. He is pacing himself because he has to. When he tried to turn in on last year at the end of the season, he couldn't do it.

I don't know what the answer is, because I don't think a change in attitude will be enough. More discipline on shot selection would be the easiest fix.
  9. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

Rejuvenation my friends. Let's not forget what Carter taught us (or even Sheed). This could be something good brewing for Detroit City basketball.