Time For A Mark Aguirre/Adrian Dantley Move

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Dec 28, 2006.

1. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

That's even sillier. May noone walk from this thread thinking it's ever a good idea to foul a 3-point shooter.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Sorry. I guess rock and jock bball with celebrity participants in hypothetical situations is about as far away from Adrian Dantley as it gets.
  3. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

No he is not cocky , he is full of @#%#
  4. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

You don't play up on a guy like that in overtime when you have a chance to win. Why do you think the coaches call out "DON'T FOUL THE SHOOTER".

You are beginning to sound like a member of the DHOF Club, be careful, you may give bball and Lee a run for their money.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah, definitly don't foul Kobe with the game on the line and he's queing up a 3.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Idiotic move by Billups. A total brainfart. We've seen it from him before in game 7 against San Antonio (an unecessary hail Mary pass downcourt which was intercepted and got Duncan going to totally change the momentum of the game).

But while it is irritating as hell that he does that crap, at other times it wins the game for us and we don't complain. At any rate, I can't advocate dumping a guy just because we are ticked at him. I see good reasons to trade him, like his contract situation, but we need to wait until we can make an equitable deal.
  7. max

max All-Star

CB made a hige mistake fouling Marbury and knew he made a huge mistake.

Trade him after 2 bad games? Wait until he has his next 30pt 10 assist game. In that game he still had 10 assists to only 2 turns.

What I saw was a guy who hit the wall. For whatever reason CB does not have the conditioning to play AI type mins every game. Coaches have to realize that and start limiting his mins.

Its so hard to find a decent point these days and thats why we are going to have to overpay to keep him. Like Armygirl wrote, I am also afraid that Dumars is going to oull the rug out at the last min like he did with Ben but we got no choice here people. Very little options. PG's do not grow on trees and since CB is in a contract year who in the heck is going to give us much for him?

Losing CB would turn us into a .500 club. I believe the impact would be much greater than losing Ben. Going to have to give him what he wants. Stick with him guys, he has done a pretty good job overall and will go down as the 2nd best PG in Piston franchise history.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Is he the only one left form the post teal days?
    Cheezer-gone
    Stack-gone
    Bbeen-gone
    Corliss-gone
    Cardinal-gone
    R. White-gone
    anyone of note?
  9. max

max All-Star

Thats a good question. Had to look that one up.

From 01/02 - no one is still on the team, Ben was the last one.

in 02/03 - CB, Rip and Prince all joined the team in the same summer. Rip was traded for, CB was the FA and Prince was the 1st round draft selection.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Only person still on the bench since then is Mike Abdenour:)
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Don't forget Arnie Kander (14th season). Mike Abdenour is in his 27th season with the Pistons.
  12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

and, of course, that was his only turnover of the entire game.

there's no reason to panic - the pistons have been pretty weak in overtime contests the past several years. they normally lock down and close these games out in the 4th quarter - this is the first game all year i remember them *not* doing that (minus the bs utah game).

there's 2 things to remember. one, it's incredibly hard to replace a point guard, especially one who has been with the same team for years and knows the system. two, there are no better point guards available. trading CB would be throwing away our last chances at a title run with the current squad, and we're nowhere near that panic point.
  13. max

max All-Star

That is true about the OT. Pistons usually expend all their energy in a last 4th quarter push.

Besides, if Delfino missed that miracle 3 then there would have been no OT for CB to be in the dog house over.
  14. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

true

but he didn't miss it and there was an ot. and besides, CB was in my doghouse before the OT. chat transcripts will verify, i believe, that roscoe and i were complaining about cb's defense and poor decision making prior to the OT. ;)
  15. max

max All-Star

I know. There has been some dissatisfaction with CB, even extending back a few years. Believe me a lot about him frusterates me but overall how many points are better? How many have proven themselfs in the post-season?

Guess it all depends on how things go this season. If something bad happends again then who knows what kind of shakeups there will be.

For the record. Sheed cheeses me off the most out of any of the starting 4 from last season. Such a waste of talent how he plays offensivly.
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

By far the biggest effect the trade had was on our defense. With Dantley, the Pistons had to scramble like crazy to help cover Dantley's guy. Dantley was a small forward for us playing way too small. Aguirre was not the best defender, but at least he could hold his own. No, I am not saying we still could not have won it all without the trade, but it sure did make it easier on the whole team.
  17. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I have to agree. Sheed makes me more upset because the guy should be averaging 20 and 10. He has the tools to dominate but chooses to sit back. He refuses to go on the block even when he clearly has an advantage. I can understand not wanting to go the block some nights to take a beating, but when you have a guy smaller than you and your outside shot is not falling and we need points he should be on the block forcing teams to double down on him to free up wide open shots for Rip, Tay and CB.
  18. max

max All-Star

I know. He should be avg at least 18 PPG. With the competition the past 2 games he should have been tearing up the post.

Its cool how he extends the defense with his range but he just lives on the perimiter sometimes. If it wasn't for his defense then I don't know.

Yes if there is one guy out of the 4 that is underperforming according to his talent its Sheed.
  19. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

And Dantley was a far superior ballplayer. Detroit still has never come up with someone that had such sweet moves in the paint. Many say that Sheed had moves like that when he was first in the league...I've never seen them.
  20. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i know what y'all are saying... it's cool. but, um... YouTube - Rasheed Wallace Mix