Time For A Mark Aguirre/Adrian Dantley Move

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Dec 28, 2006.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

But what if you have a passenger just freaking-out because there's a man overboard and the captain is like "yeah, that happens, don't fall overboard, were not stopping for every clown that falls overboard".
    :MusicBigGrin:
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah.

I think.

But still, no one is going to pay CB more than Nash or Kidd.

I think.

Maybe.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Sometimes.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah the other GMs have set bad preceedents. If we spent on war like these guys spend on players the war would be over.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Aren't I entitled to a little excitement now and then?
  6. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Apples and Oranges my friend. You show me Dale Davis 37 and I show you the glove with a hole in it Gary Payton at ages 36,37 and 38. I rest my case.

I think Gary Payton is a more fair comparison since they play the same position and he put up comparable numbers to CB in his prime. So anybody down with having Chauncey put up Payton like numbers at 36 or 37 years of age and paying him at 18 or 19 mill a clip. Get your tickets now!!!!!
  7. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Let me put this out.....Just looking back at a few mental notes from 4 years ago when Joe signed CB as a free agent, some (MANY)of you were livid that he signed CB to a long term contract or better yet a contract period.

I heard words such as 1) He's not a point guard, 2)He has been on how many teams and did not work out 3)He was buried on Boston's bench, then Minnesotta's bench, 4) The only reason he played was because Troy Hudson was hurt, 5) All the PG's that were available, CB was NOT at the top of many of our lists)6)He was a #6 draft pick bust

Here is a list of Free Agents we passed on in 2002:

Gilbert Arenas- No defense but CB is not a defensive guru either
    Michael Redd - I would have offered him Max money
    Mike Bibby
    Earl Watson

Need to re-examine exactly what our feelings were when we picked up CB that fatal year in 2002, and by all means, BE HONEST.

Things that make you go Hmmmm....

Come on Himat get real with self...what were your thoughts Big Ace?
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

We had a lot of room to improve in the PG position at that time. We have an all NBA player leading the Pistons and their are only a few ways to improve more on that. However those few players who would really help the Pistons improve at the Point in the future won't be traded. We are not going to get Paul, or Deron Williams. Right now we got a steal in Blalock and Chauncey is going to help him become a very good PG. Unless Chauncey has bad games like this a lot I'll agree with you armygirl, but that has not happened yet.
  9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Another thing. The hardest players to get are a good point gaurd and center. If we traded away Chauncey it would be tough to get a great point gaurd any time soon.
  10. pass99

pass99 Team Captain Forum Donor

My take:

1. 13.5
    2. 13.5
    3. 13
    4. 13
    5. 13
    --$65 million

This will be the minimum and I am not saying someone might go slightly higher. CB knows that this contract is livable and he will continue to stay in the limelight with a contender. He knows the organization, JD and Flip. He will continue to be the mind's eye, especially realizing that the Pistons will have to go after a big man and all new team members (and they should be considerable at years end) will come under his watchful tutelage (big egos need that big dependency).

This will give the Pistons breathing room to develop a youngster of two and perhaps a sticky with their Magic pick. The rest of the draft picks should go to player trades for that big man. JD is very good at picking out the role players and they will only increase as years go buy, so this area should be no problem.

I am not worried about point guards. The key will be for a big guy. I like Gasol (vet and still young), and West might want to talk. He might want that Magic pick and 2 Piston starters. I say, go for it. The east will be in chaos next year. Now we will begin to see how good JD and Flip really are. I think they are that good, but sometimes one has to be challenged out of the comfort zone, which the pistons are now in. This organization has to get over their timidity. Coe, you're right...it's no longer your daddy's NBA (and it has even gone beyonds JD's recent memory).

Yea, I know....it will break the bank. Not my problem. The owners got themselves into this cap fix and Stern is about to sign a new television deal which includes a healthy increase with ESPN/ABC and TNT. We are talking at least a $4.6 billion increase. NBA is also exploring expanding the contract to include digital assets and overseas markets (running over six years). A new deal is also in the works with NBA TV and NBA.com on expansion on a global scale. Oh yea, I forgot...Stern's next step is to set up a league in China.

So owners, the last thing I want to hear from you is, "quit dragging my heart around."
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I feel the irritation with CB right now, but let's remember something, WE DID WIN A TITLE WITH THE GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The goal is to win a 'ship, we won one, played for 2, and been to 4 straight ECF's during his contract.....umm.....I'd say MISSION ACCOPMLISHED with the Billups signing.

But here's a trade I'd start trying to work immediately........KG for Dyess & Sheed and a 1st round pick.
    W/out Ben we need a 20/10 guy at the PF and Sheed is just too inconsistent and I'm afraid Dyess ain't getting any better anytime soon.
    Pull the trigger JOE, force Minny's hand KG.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Spot on KGreg.
    And none of those other guys got close.
  13. roscoe36

Man I like that trade!
  14. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I'm all for that trade too. Just do it, Joe....
  15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

What's not to like... unfortunately Glen Taylor said it would have to be a rebuilding situation where he would get young prospects (think Bulls)... we'd prolly have to include Brahma or Amir (or both picks)... KG will fetch a big return.
  16. roscoe36

Yeah, I was just thinking that too Merc. KG has a lot more trade value than AI. You're looking at 2 players, and probably both first round picks.
  17. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Is it possible to throw in Flip Murray into the mix on that KG trade?
  18. roscoe36

Just to get rid of him? :pound:

They have a lot of guards in Minny. I don't think Flip Murray offers them any value.
  19. pass99

pass99 Team Captain Forum Donor

If any team gets KG, it will be the Bulls. If you are forced to overhaul your front line, then get something you can build around. KG will not give that much more because of his age and we need not gather more evidence on how age figures into injuries. It is still important to have depth. It's the only thing saving this team as it now stands.

Sheed, Tay, Delfino, Davis and two of our #1 picks (not the Magic and this might be iffy) for Gasol and Miller. The salaries for Sheed/Tay are a wash for Gasol and a little help with Miller. It can be made to work, that what JD pays people to do. Might be nice to get some buy in from BillD.

What we gain: A whole different offensive flow, attacking the basket and getting paint points and forcing honest defense from the visitor because of CB, Hamilton and Miller's perimeter range. You are a much quicker team and can attack the basket. Defense does not suffer, and you finally have some flexibility in rotating some youth into the lineup. This would be an exciting team and we finally get a crew that will face the basket around the paint. They should bring home the minimum with every game played...in other words, they will show up.

Your starting five next year (and what they should bring):

Gasol--5 (20-10)...age 27...7.0 ft...Eff-15.5
    JMax--4 (15-10)...age 24...6-7 ft...Eff-5.7
    Miller--3 (15-10)...age 27...6-8 ft...Eff-17.7
    Rip----2 (20)........age 29...6-7 ft...Eff-18.6
    CB----1 (18).........age 31...6-3 ft...Eff-21.1
  20. roscoe36

I don't like that trade at all.

4 players and 2 picks for 2 players? And one is Mike Miller?

Pau Gasol is good, but he's not all that and a bag of chips.

Also, I've said it before. Tay is Joe D's boy. It would take divine intervention for Joe to trade him.