Time For A Mark Aguirre/Adrian Dantley Move

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Dec 28, 2006.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I appreciate what you are trying to do with that trade...but, nah.

I do see a drop defensively at both positions.
  2. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

I admit that...you are not going to get everything. This crew will show up every night and fans are ready for some honest work to be done.
  3. pass99

Sooner or later, you will have to get rid of that urban myth.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Until Tay is traded, I'm sticking to my guns. Too much talk of how he is a quiet competitor, just like Dumars, how they could see him running a team one day, etc.

I have good reason to believe what I believe.
  5. pass99

Well, then share it.

Tay may have the image in Joe's mind of himself...but it all stops there. Tay will never be an all-star and he has not brought out his game to the next level. History acknowledges that we are not going to get anything further out of him. I can live with that and what he can bring...providing he is consistent (which is all mental), which he is not.

If Tay is JD's alter ego, then he better sit him down and say, "step it up, JMax wants your slot."

Successful GMs stay one step ahead of the rest. This might be the last year that the Pistons gain entry into the playoffs by fiat.

JD has complete control and he is good... but vulnerable, because his competition is ruthless and can back it up with money.

My sights are not on Flip, the team or the competion. My sights are on this organization and how it manages some stragetic thinking. All good things flow from this.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

"Well, then share it."
    That was the speak when Tay resigned. CB then Tay.
    Would you say Tay signed for less?
  7. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

No way trade Tay, plus like someone said, Tay is Joe's boy plus he still has not reached his peak.

Tay is young and has the skills and abilities to be the # 1 option for this team in the very near future.

Untouchables = Tay, Rip, JMax and AJ., I am coming around about Delfino.
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Totally agree with that list. IMO this is Rip and Tay's team now.
  9. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Man, this thread's become a doozy. Pass demanding someone explain himself, the suggestion that signing Chauncey was a mistake, leadership theories, etc. etc. I have 2 relevant comments:

1. I would in no way support getting KG unless we got rid of Flip. That's just too much playoff loserishness for one team to handle.

2. ``Spare me the headaches of minor issues like "he doesn't run the fast break'' -- the 04 Nets series coulda been over in 5 or 6 if Chauncey knew how to run a friggin break at that point. The crucial 05 Finals Game 7 Chauncey turnover came because he pushed a break that wasn't there. When you're a PG, knowing how to run a break is a major, major requirement. Playoff games are tight affairs. Usually it's not the team with the better scheme that wins but the team that makes you pay for your mistakes. I'm worried that we'll be paying Chauncey based on what LB did with him and not paying him based on what he's gonna give us.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That's right, he plays safe yet predictable.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yessir.
  12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Be honest ... you'd wet your pants if KG landed in the D... you know.
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

That's why he's a silent assassin. Tay is always stopping people of defense, and I'll take that any day over a consistant scorer. Very few NBA players are bad at putting in a basket consistantly, that's not true on defense though.

Tayshaun has to be more aggressive on offense, but I think a lot of his struggles have to do with Flip's offense. With Chauncey out he had many more assists and was doing very well in the 1st quarter, however the ball slowly went away from him.

Tayshaun may be inconsistant on the offensive end, but he always shows up on defense. We have 4 guys in our starting lineup who are good scorers and Nazr is a good scorer for a guy his size. Their is just one ball on the court for a game.

I'm annoyed by our offensive inconsistancy by our forwards a lot no doubt. Both Tay and Sheed have to step it up. It's not where I'd want to trade them though unless the deal would improve the team. Gasol and Miller are not as good as Sheed and Tay. I'll take guys who can win playoff series.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You're right. I'd probably be OK allowing Flip Saunders to come off the bench and play some shooting guard if it meant we'd get KG.
  15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

At this point I'd like to entertain trade ideas for Sheed and Flip Jr.... keeping in mind that other teams scouts see the same lazy attitude that we do... we won't get a marquis player for either...
    I'd be happy with an MLE type talent and a draft pick (add to Joe's stock pile for a draft day deal).
    Let's see what we can come up with (not too homeristically inflating what we'll get in return).
  16. roscoe36

17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yeah I scratched his name off after looking at the injury report.
    Barbosa is nice (Was hoping for him instead of Delfino in that draft).
    I would do that deal but I doubt the Suns would.
    Think the Suns would want Sheed after his dissapearing act?

Sheed & Jr for Battier & Howard (& filler)
    Sheed, Jr. & Dupree for Magette, Aaron Williams & Cassell
  18. roscoe36

Sure. You're pretty much the only person who thinks that Sheed sucks. ;)

LMAO. He was an All-Star last year. They could play him limited minutes until he is healthy and it would possibly put them over the top this year against Dirk and Duncan.

Barbosa gives us CB insurance, Thomas is ol' reliable and Jalen Rose replaces Flip as a bonafide 1~3 swingman replacement.

This move gives us a legit 3 headed beast in the backcourt, and a stronger, more physical presence up front.
  19. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Please stop with the KG talk. It ain`t gonna happen, and even if it would, we would be no closer to a championship, and it would probably be one of the worst moves long term in Piston history.
  20. roscoe36

Jason Hart and Brad Miller, with a swap of our own first round pick for Sacramentos (risky).

Hart's contract expires but we would inherit his Bird Rights. So we could re-sign him if negotiations with Billups do not go as planned.

Miller is an injury risk, but he does play a lot closer to the basket than Sheed, he's a fantastic passer and a better rebounder in my opinion.

Sactown's pick is currently in the top 10 (estimated lottery position). It would give us a chance to improve upon our draft position and get higher into the order to select one of the many big men coming out (or alternately, grab one of the top 3 guards avalable).