Time For A Mark Aguirre/Adrian Dantley Move

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Dec 28, 2006.

1. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sheed would fit right in at Phoenix. Free reign to launch as many 3's as he wants. How could he ask for more? Good for Suns too as Marion and Amare will still keep defences honest inside and allow Sheed to be effective from outside.

I kind of like this trade but it doesn't make me wet myself. :)

Done!
  2. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

We don't have enough roster spots for this trade to go through I don't believe. Who would we cut?
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ronald Dupree.
  4. Winless Wonders

Does he have a guaranteed contract?
  5. roscoe36

Well, all NBA contracts are guaranteed. We would have to waive him, and if no one wants him, buyout his contract.

He's pretty cheap.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I like it Rosc... at first I didn't think Sac would go for it... but this is likely the worst interior defensive team in the assoc.
    I would not want Miller logging major minutes (he's slower than Nazr) but the goal is to get Amir & Brahma more PT and still have a functional big coming in off the bench (accomplished)
    Miller shoots Sheed shots better than Sheed. lol
    The shame of it is that we all know what Sheed is capable of down low.
  7. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I like that one. Jason Hart is very underrated.
  8. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Neither Kurt Thomas nor Brad Miller (!!!) brings a quarter of what Sheed does to the table. The Pistons are not so talented that they can afford to let their best player, however lazy, slip away.

The one would make a poor man's Dale Davis a starter on this team, and the other would make us softer than the "Queens" era Kings.

I like Hart and Barbosa, but not at that price.
  9. Winless Wonders

I thought that their were cases where a contract is not guranteed. Ronald Dupree is a vet so in his case he would probably get a guranteed contract.

I thought when we cut Smush his contract was not guranteed because we cut him before a certain deadline before the contract became guranteed.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Everyone got sick of talking about Darko's "potential." I'm getting similar feelings about Sheed's post-play "potential." And in this case, it isn't from lack of opportunity.
  11. roscoe36

Technically you are right but by common sense, you are also right!

Smush was one of the rare guys who got a non-guaranteed deal. I would say that less than 15 players in the league have deals that do not become guaranteed until the second week of January.

Dupree's deal however is guaranteed and has a second year option (player option).
  12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

:thumb[1]:
  13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This is less about Miller or Kurt Thomas and more about Maxiell & Amir.
    However Sheed has been a no show 70% of the time (the king of jacks)... his defense has also been lacking... he's getting beat down the court and on help D on a regular basis lately (how many times has he been outscored by his counterpart?)...
    IMO he is simply lazy.
    If motivated Sheed can play with Duncan & KG... but I'm at a loss as to what it takes to motivate him... we can't live in the past anymore.
    I'm sure he's capable of having a solid game next time and then three more where he's sleep walking... we should demand more consistent effort for 12M.

I like Hart & Barbosa also.
  14. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

I'm all for trading Sheed to another team as long as we get back a talented player in return that brings something to the table. I would trade Sheed and Flip Murray to Seattle for Chris Wilcox (love his game) and Earl Watson. There might have to be something to sweeten the pot for the Pistons but Wilcox is a hard-nosed defender that plays aggressive and seems to have that elusive Pistons DNA coursing through his body. Seattle is going nowhere right now and they could use a player like Sheed. I do like how Sheed is such the consummate team player and I would miss his crazy whooping circle the wagons war dance he does with the entire bench before the start of the game. Everybody is going to be looking to wheel and deal so the Pistons should be open to offers and they have lots of moving parts to throw in the pot. The only untouchables in my book are Rip, Tay, Amir, Maxiell and Delfino. The rest are scrabble tiles that you can mix and match with to put together a winning formula.
  15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Your trade is good... but I don't see the Sonics going old for young... it's not their style... they did have Sund in town recently.
    Lately I'm more about hustle and intangibles than just having offensive skills... breakaway dunks and 2nd chances work better than a sweet stroke now and then.... let's see some balls to the walls effort on defense again... Ben style.
  16. linwood

linwood All-Star

I think Seattle would make that deal in a second. Bob Hill has been crying in the press for a veteran big man to help out the kids. This is from today's Seattle Post:

Mavs push Sonics around

I like Wilcox's game, but he is very inconsistent right now, and I don't think he is a great defender. If the Pistons made this deal, they would really have to step up their perimeter defense, because the front line of Nazr and Chris isn't going to get a ton of stops.

That being said, Wilcox does have a ton of talent, and he certainly plays hard most games.

Earl Watson looks great lately. I was down on him earlier in the season, but he recieved extended minutes with Jesus Shuttleworth out, and really delivered. He is an agressive defender. Not as savy as Lindsey, but he brings the same energy and hustle. A few lessons from Hunter could really put him over the top, and we could see the Pitbulls MkII with a Watson/ Hunter backcourt.
  17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Thanks for the inside info Linwood... Sund thinkin' about his job?... I like when GM's start to panic.
  18. linwood

linwood All-Star

I think everyone in the Sonics organization has to be thinking about their job right now. They are the worst team in their division, they have a new owner, and no arena next year. I went to a game a few weeks ago and sat in $250 seats for only 15 bucks, because the place was empty.

Sheed could be just the ticket to spark short term fan interest in the team, as it would make them a playoff contender. Plus, the Sonics have 4 7 foot tall kids with no experience. Sheed has a reputation for helping young kids, and the team desperately needs veteran leadership in the frontcourt.

Could be a very good trade for both teams, although I would worry about the Pistons defense and rebounding without either of the Wallaces.

(Oh yeah. That last post was #1000 for me)
  19. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

... I like Wilcox but he's a lil redundant with Amir and Brahma...Possibly a 3 way deal.
    1000 post on a fairly new forum= hopeless Basketball nut... congrats
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Aiiight I got one
    Dyess+Flip Jr for Corey Magette.
    Magg wants OUT!!!!.......Clips want him out, and they have zero depth up front, they could use Dyess in the worse way. It solves so many problems for us it even funny.
    1) The Dyess or Max debate can be put to rest.
    2) Only 4 bigs means more 'Goon Squad'
    3)Bye Bye Flip Jr
    4) 2 for 1 means that Amir suits up, at least until Lindsey gets back, then maybe we can unsuit Super Dupe.
    5) A 2nd unit of Blalock, Delf, Max, Magg & Sheed/Nazr/Dale/Amir will get up and down the floor. Max & Magg would make a powerful combo.
    6)A bonafied STUD on the wing. Let's face it Tay's effort does not materialize night in and night out and on nights when he's off, his butt can sit!!!!!