Time for Delfino to ask for a trade

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lapeapod, Nov 18, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Please reread... the suggestion was to allow him more time before we know his true worth... but again he could help his case by making a difference with his time.

2. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i understood what you meant. i just feel it's unfair that delfino has to make an impact while flip and lindsey don't and thier minutes increase and delfino's decrease.

3. BlikkityBlah

BlikkityBlah Second Round Draft Pick

Delfino's a talented guy, but let's face it, he hasn't done much this year. I'd like to think that once he can do more with the minutes he's given that he'll be a big part of our playoff roster.

As for Flip Murray, git rid of him already. He does absolutely nothing for our team except waste space and playing time for Delfino and Dupree. Send him away with Nazr.

And who the hell in their right mind would trade JMax. The guy's got nothing but amazing potential, and right now we have him for dirt cheap compared to what he's worth. He and Amir Johnson are the next faces of our great franchise.

4. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Delfino is the perfect 6th man for any squad capable of winning a championship (Barbosa without the scoring but with everything else), and he'd be a decent starter for the rest of the league.

JMax will never be the face of this or any other franchise. Again, at best a decent 6th man, but from his current play, he's looking more and more like a career situational player.

As far as Delfino demanding a trade, it's all up to Flip. If Flip comes back, see ya. BTW, Joe should pay attention to San Diego, fired the coach after 14-2, because he made the team disfunctional, and good wasn't enough. They want a SuperBowl or bust. Flip can get us deep in the playoffs, but will he ever win it all? Good is not enough, time to get a coach that will win it all.

5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Delfino had a great game tonight. He was all over the place.

6. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

Delfino is an important part of the bench and no he's not a scoring machine but he'll do all the intangibles that make him a keeper. He could be starting on some crapola team but I think from his history he likes playing on a winning team. He seems to get along great with his teammates and I'm mad I missed his interview on NBA Live tonight. Is there a place that archives those interviews that I can catch it?

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Lapeapod. I wouldn't waste your time tracking down that interview. They asked him terrible questions and he answered with a bunch of go-to phrases... like "we are just going to work, you know, and play hard to make win."

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Delfino is finally carving out his niche/role on this team. His minutes are pretty consistent now (15-20 mpg). The team is winning. I wouldn't think Delfino could be much happier.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I agree. I think that he just wanted to fit in with the starters and contribute to the team. He has developed a level of respect from the other players now and has defined himself as the hustle off the bench.

With a 20 point lead he was arguing a call and then fighting like hell for an offensive rebound. We need a little bit of that relentless attitude.

10. raw36

raw36 First Round Draft Pick Forum Donor

Yep I think Delfino was terrific last night. Confident, energetic, making the most of his minutes.

I'm glad he's now in the rotation. Now we only need Hunter to shoot better and the 2nd unit will be tough.

11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Aint gonna happen, Hunter will never, ever shoot anywhere near 40%. The mind boggling thing about Lindsey is that inspite of being one of the worst shooting point guards in the history of the NBA (not an exageration, find one pg that played at least 5 years who shot worse) he continues to chuck up shots. The man is delusional about his ability to shoot. Shooting 22% from behind the arc, and he's second in 3PA/min on the team, sheesh.

12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

If shooting was the only criteria Glen Rice would still be in the league... he often takes oposing PGs out of their game.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I knew it was bad. But that is much worse than I thought.

Also, what percentage of fast breaks does he convert with a basket or assist, or pass that leads to an assist. It seems like we get stopped 70% of the time when he's leading the stampede.

I'm just not convinced that his defense makes up for his offense. His on court and off court +/- combine to make him last on the team (Dupree is last, but I won't count that). Also, the Pistons give up 106.3 with him on the court and 106.0 with him off the court. So, from a net defensive standpoint, he's not helping.

But the amazing thing is that we score 12 less points per 100 possession with him in!! That is absolutely horrendous.

It is the opposite of the Webber effect. With Webber, our D is improved because our offensive efficiency allows us to set up. With Lindsay, our offensive inefficiency creates chaos that leads to easy baskets from for the other team and actually hurts our D.

Sure, he causes one extra turnover from the other team, but we turn it over an additional 4 times when he's in there.

He's a great on the ball defender. So, let's only put him in the game when we need that one specific skill.

14. BillLaimbeer

In all fairness to Lindsey, he was forced to launch a 25-footer at the end of the game last night because the shot clock was winding down. If you factor that shot out, he is shooting 22.6%, which is darn near close to 23%.

15. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ditto. I thought it would be easy to find lots of poorer shooters than Lindsey, but it was tough. Before the 01/02 season he was a career 37% shooter from three. Since then he has averaged 27% (25% in the past two seasons).

There are only 21 guards in the league (who have taken a shot this year) with a worse FG percent. Similarly bad are Speedy Claxton, Earl Watson, Beno Udrich, Jeff McInnis, and Salim Stoudamire.

16. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Here is one pretty point point guard who played more than five years and shot worse than Lindsey. Career shooting percentage of .375 and he is in the HOF. Lindsey's career shooting percentage is .015 better at .390.

Bob Cousy Past Stats, Playoff Stats, Statistics, History, and Awards

Lindsey Hunter Past Stats, Playoff Stats, Statistics, History, and Awards

:hoops:

17. BillLaimbeer

Those pretty point point guards are hard to come by.

Buddahfan, are you trying to post in every thread tonight? :)

18. buddahfan

Not every thread tonight. You will note that there a few that I haven't posted. Of course that could change before midnight here in L.A. I have got almost another 4 hours. LOL

19. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Must have been some bad rims back in the day, cause when I looked at his team, most of the guys shot below 40%. Find someone who played after the Beatles.

20. buddahfan

Actually, In the old days there were many regular stars who shot at or below .400 and that was before the 24 second clock when they had virtually all night to set up for a good shot.