1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Time for Delfino to ask for a trade

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lapeapod, Nov 18, 2006.

1. raw36

raw36 First Round Draft Pick Forum Donor

I agree... It's hard to imagine FlipM actually shooting better than Hunter, this season or career-wise.

Dumars probably likes him for his energy & hustle, & maybe to be a mentor for Delfino & Blaylock. But for goodness sake, he should at least hit those open 3s! I can't remember how many of those he missed last night. Maybe he should start looking for a shooting coach.

2. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Anyone questioning the value of Lindsey's defense needs to review the Game 7 vs. the Cavs. Tight game until Lindsey comes in at the end of the 3rd quarter. He forced a coupla turnovers and triggered a fast break that got the crowd roaring. The starters woke up and it was lockdown the rest of the way. Did LeBron even score in that fourth quarter?

That's the last time I saw the Pistons I know and love, and Lindsey was the guy that triggered it. He's a momentum changer on defense, and he doesn't have the confidence to shoot until he's been on the court at least 3 minutes and done a few things on defense. He's incredibly valuable in the playoffs becuase he's so quick-footed that LeBron and Wade can't get around him like they can Tay or Rip. He gives those stars a different look, and our guys a break and a few minutes to focus more on scoring.

So it's easy to know what to do: play Lindsey until he starts shooting. Three 4-5 minute stretches of playing time is perfect for him and is a great way to boost defensive effort.