Time to talk free agents

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by speilman54, Feb 16, 2007.

1. speilman54

speilman54 Second Round Draft Pick

Who's being tagged and who is out there waiting for that greatest of all honors,signing with the Lions as a free agent. I say we raid the Colts who will have to place all of their resources on signing Freeney. Cato June would fit the cover two speedy lb scheme and Nick Harper would be a good choice at cb. I would much rather see us sign a cb in free agency because we need help there now. Draft one and they would need a few years to become a decent pro. Oline is also better to address in free agency because these guys know how to play the position and offer immediate help. Steibach from Cincy,Gandy from buffalo and Davis from Az. would be good pickups. What do you all think.
  2. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Lions are not in that good of shape compared to about a dozen teams above them in cap money. Expect for sure 2 FA's (Curtis and maybe Fletcher-Baker) to sign and the rest are roster fillers. Younger,tougher,faster. Picking up draft picks is the way they are now trying to go.
  3. speilman54

speilman54 Second Round Draft Pick

Depending on who we cut the cap monies available could change allowing us to pursue more free agents to plug a few holes. If they follow the usual path they will sign Curtis,(to continue the wr fascination), and bring in old man Rice. I hope they do otherwise.
  4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I should be interesting to see who gets cut/traded. From the sounds of it, half the roster is on the bubble right now and the other half wants out.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Add Pacman Jones !!

He was already on thin ice with behavior unbecoming of the NFL.
    But after starting the brawl at "Minxx" gentelmens club that got a bouncer shot, he must be done with the Titans.
    ...Pacman banged a dancers head into the stage when she picked up his "Rain" money too soon. The bouncer just restrained him but he got away and hit the female in the face. The brawl ensued when a date of Pacmans hit a bouncer on the head with a bottle. After the club was closed some one who was seen with Pacman earlier came to the front door and shot a bouncer 3 times. He's in critical condition.
    ...You may find the facts worse than this description.:yellowprison: