Time too "Flip" the script on %

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, May 30, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

The Miami Heat can`t continue to shoot at this blistering percentage. If I am not mistaken in the previous four games they are shooting around 54% as a team, and Wade is shooting at a higher % than that!

A host of Wade`s shots are acrobatic, falling away prayers that happen to go in, and some of course are from a lack of knocking him on his ass.

I don`t believe the Heat will continue to shoot at this clip. I expect to see more ball movement and less one on one play from Detroit on Wednesday. I also expect the shot selection and offensive execution to be crisp and effecient, resulting in a higher FG%.

I heard today on The Mike & Mike ESPN sportstalk this morning that if Wade`s FG % in game 5 matches the previous 4, and the Heat win, he would have the best FG% (in a playoff series) IN NBA HISTORY!

God forbid.

Simply put, I expect The Pistons` shots to start falling and Miami to cool off. Just looking for some balance here, or maybe the law of averages doen`t apply..........
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

BEST FG% in NBA Playoff Series

2-game series: .773 Darryl Dawkins New Jersey vs NY 1983
    3-game series: .778 Rick Mahorn Philadelphia vs Milw 1991
    4-game series: .783 Dale Davis Indiana vs Cleveland 1998
    5-game series: .721 James Worthy LA Lakers vs Denver 1985
    6-game series: .781 James Donaldson Dallas vs LA Lakers 1986
    7-game series: .744 James Donaldson Dallas vs LA Lakers 1988

Wade is shooting 69.5% (41-for-59) in the first 4 games of this series. Containing Wade has been a major problem for the Pistons in this series. A FG% of 69.5% is ridiculous, but you can see from above it won't break the NBA record. (Note some of the familiar names in the record book.)
  3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I guess they had it wrong. Maybe they were looking at FG ATT, and are assuming Wade will have more than Worthy did in a 5 game series.
  4. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Easy retort -

Yes, a hope and a prayer does sound like a Flip script on defense.

Seriously -

I don't have a clue. Try starting Hunter-Delfino-Evans-Dice-Davis. Activate Mad Max and tell him he can have Ben's max contract if he sends Wade and Shaq to early retirement. Tell Chauncey that if the ball's not in another player's hand by the 18 second mark, he'll be traded to Utah. Tell Harper he's can coach for the day if Flip, Lowe, and Zierden aren't discovered until after the game, ball-gagged in a maintenence locker. Tell Phil Jackson he can have the richest 10-day contract in NBA history and half of Sheed's stash. Have Chanda scream at Ben. Have Mahorn and Laimbeer scream at the whole team. I suspect that none of that would matter.