Titans Young is a sweet heart

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Sep 10, 2008.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The mother of Titans quarterback Vince Young said he indicated he doesn't want to play football and is "hurting inside and out."

;}

Felicia Young said in Wednesday editions of The Tennessean that her son is tired of all the negativity he's faced after being booed during a 17-10 win Sunday over Jacksonville. On Monday, Titans coach Jeff Fisher called police to help find him.
    "What would you think, if you were tired of being ridiculed and persecuted and talked about and not being treated very well, what would you do? What kind of decision would you make?" Felicia Young said "He may not want to deal with it (all), but you have to get to that point before you make that decision first.
    "But we're not talking about football right now. We're talking about what would make him happy, and that is the most important thing."
    The phone number for Young's home is unlisted, and his agent, Major Adams, did not answer his cell phone Wednesday morning. The Titans did not immediately return a message left by The Associated Press.
    This isn't the first time that Young has talked of wanting to quit football. He told a reporter last spring that he thought of retiring after his rookie season, a statement he said later was taken out of context.
    <DIV class="in_info_box whats_hot_box"><DIV class="in_info_box_content whats_hot_box_content">Must-read:
    Must-see:
    View more videos >>
    -
    this should be fun

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

We go through this same thing with Roscoe every year. Somebody just give this Young guy a hug already...:MusicBigGrin:

Hey, wasn't that guy another one of Lamb's draft choices??? :pound:

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They should trade him to Philly.

4. Darth Tater

No kidding.

I know these players don't deserve half the crap the fans dish out, but man up already. You're getting paid lots of money and the abuse, unfortunately, comes with it.

Now...if they threw something at him or threatened his family I could understand him reacting accordingly.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Just think if Millen was this sensitive!

6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'm totally against coddling a QB. But to the fans I would reprimand.

7. Darth Tater

Crap. Now I've done it. Roscoe's mom keeps sending me pm's telling me to *&%**$#*# leave her poor baby boy alone. :sssh:

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, that's hilarious. I guess it's a good thing that I play fantasy sports for fun and not for money. Just tell me when the fun starts....

9. Darth Tater

For me it usually starts in week 2 when Jammer's team disintegrates.:MusicBigGrin:

10. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

The only way this coulda been worse is if he had been tackled and stated, "I've fallen and I can't get up"...

11. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

This is the second time I have heard Vince Young crying over how the fans treat him and how he is so unhappy. He wanted to quit after his rookie season. Cry me a river, dude. I bet you are not unhappy cashing those checks. If you don't like getting booed stop partying and put some work into getting better on your own time not just during practice.

P.S.

Go get you are real 9 to 5 gig like the rest of us hard working people Vince. See how you like dealing with sniveling bosses and whinny customers. People booing you will be the least of your problems.:gun1:

12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If by "disintegrates" you mean "Won it all two years ago and then lost in the finals last year", then yes, I'd say that is fun as well.

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Nemo, that was mocking toward Vince.
    I think he's injured more than we know. Not his brain or heart, his leg.