To All the Stuckey Haters

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BG*CV*STUCK, Nov 29, 2009.

1. MJO77

MJO77 First Round Draft Pick

It's good to see Stuckey finally improving his consistency a bit.
    Past 5 games he's been averaging:
    21ppg
    5.6apg
    4.8rpg
    just under 45% from the field.
  2. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I don't think it's always that cut and dry. Okafor is averaging a career low in PPG with CP3.
    "Regularly" is a bit much. If a team is "regularly" getting dunks in half court sets, there is a problem with the opponent's defense. You hope the PG can take advantage when the opportunities are there, but a good defense isn't going to allow those lanes to open up.

Most of the "true PGs" out there pile up assists in transition or on penetration kick-outs, and Running/shooting are 2 of our weak points.
  3. HarryFWong

HarryFWong First Round Draft Pick

My biggest complaint with stuckey has been his fg%. He's a chucker. Sure his numbers look ok but he's been terribly inefficient.
    I found last nights starting lineup to be surprising. I know its because of injuries, but that lineup of Atkins, Stuckey, Jerebko, Maxiell and Wallace? With a lineup like that he BETTER be putting up points.
    I liked Stuckey a lot last night though. I liked that tech. We already knew he doesn't like to give up the ball, even after a turnover haha.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's not cut and dry and I don't mean to take the best PG in the league and suggest that Stuckey should match him. This is not to demean Stuck, but these guys really are light years apart.

Okafor is having the 2nd highest FG% this year of his career. 15% of his shots are dunks with 63% of all his attempts coming in the paint.

And on top of all that, Paul is shooting an eFG of 65% to Stuckey's 40%. Paul was having an insane year before the injury.

This stat is what I think is most amazing. When Chris Paul is on the court for the Hornets, he either scores or gets the assist on 78% of all scoring by his team.
  5. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Paul's stats are inflated becausehe is the ONLY guy that can create a shot on that team. It's why they are such a mediocre team and will never improve until they put better players around him.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If you can be the only option on a team and still shoot 65%, then you are probably the best offensive player in the NBA.
  7. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Ok, in your mind...what is the degree of difference...outside of statictics?

I am looking for no scales, proportions or numbers here.
  8. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I'm Agree..

I'm glad for him.

But what'll happend to him when Rip and BG comes back full healthy????

Nice game against the Wiz.
  9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The one thing that worries me is that he will get moved back to the PG spot...uggh, I'm going to say this until the cows come home, When Stuckey doesn't have to run the offense-his play is 100% better.

Ideally when we get back to full strength, he should get better driving lanes, and he should be more efficient as the scoring load gets a little lighter for him.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think I mentioned light years. Does that count as a scale?

How about, "really big" difference?
  11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Can you express it in layman terms for us kids? Like maybe a Sesame Street or Spongebob analogy? :MusicBigGrin:
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He bad/ he good.

:hoops:
  13. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Chris Paul is like Elmo.
    Stuckey is like Dorothy.
  14. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

How we feelin' today?
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Chucky had to save our butts again. I somewhat hated to see Rip return because I knew Stuck would have to play alot of PG. He did the team looked bad with him running the offense, Chucky came in and him and the rest of the team looked just fine. Keep our future all-star at his natural 2-Guard position please.
  16. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

29 points and 7 assist. The dude is scoring and dishing no matter we call him PG or SG. QB of new millennium can run as well as throw so I won't care what his position is called.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Did you see the game? Have you seen many games at all this season? His butt don't get you 29&7 when he has the responsibility of running the offense, his game suffers and the team suffers also. When he's running the offense he overthinks, makes bad decisions, takes bad shots, charges with reckless abandon and freezes out the rest of the team, take away the responsibility of running the offense and all of a sudden he knows how to play basketball again. It's really quite baffling to tell you the truth.
  18. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

He's a 2. That's the explanation.
  19. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

I think you keep playing Stuckey at the 1 until he gets it. There is absolutely no way you give this guy up or sit him on the bench. What I have noticed in the past few games is that Stuckey is kicking out to open shooters on dribble penetration and has developed a floater in the lane to avoid charges. His game is evolving little by little give the guy some time the talent in my opinion and in alot of others is very apparent. This guy is going to be an all star playing the 1 in due time.
  20. DesmoPiston

DesmoPiston First Round Draft Pick

We need another combo guard or two. It could be RIP. This way RIP and Stuckey can play off the ball in alternating plays, while the other one is running the offense. So basically we need more people to play Hybrid PG. Tay can run some plays. Ben Wallace could do some PG just to mess with the defense.