To All the Stuckey Haters

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BG*CV*STUCK, Nov 29, 2009.

1. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Stuck HAS spelled Tay at SF this year.
    ...Rip THEN Tay.
  2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm thinking big picture. Stuckey could be THE prototypical guard-center-coach. Watch out Dick Bavetta! I found your replacement!!
  3. MACKSnare519

MACKSnare519 First Round Draft Pick

Well, take this "Stuckey Haters":

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

6. coynejeremy

I guess every other player in the East sucked even worse than Stuckey.

Where you at, MONRAMS!!!!!!:pound::pound::pound:
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

In our 11 wins this year, Stuckey has attempted 15.5 FG's per game and has shot .480 from the floor for 20.5 ppg.

In our 12 losses, Stuckey has attempted 17.7 FG's per game and has shot .368 from the floor for 18.0 ppg.

That means that he gives us 2.5 more points through his higher shooting percentage and he also gives us 2.2 extra possessions, which translates into about 2.2 extra points. 4.7 ppg difference solely through his higher efficiency.

Now, this difference betweens wins and losses doesn't necessarily mean that he is causing them with good shooting or bad shooting. It could mean that when we are losing that we are playing against better teams and it's harder to score in general. It could also mean that he adjusts and takes on more of the burden. For instance, he has only attempted 6 three pointers in our 11 wins and he has attempted 22 in our 12 losses. These 3PA's are probably b/c we are in situations where we are down and need 3's to catch up in the end of games. Similarly, he has comitted 29 fouls in our wins and 42 fouls in our losses. Could be fouling to extend games when we're down.
  8. coynejeremy

Last week stats:

Jennings: 20.25pts, 6.25 assists, 3.00 TO, 3.25 rebounds, 0.75 steals, 31/72 (43%) FG, 7/18 (39%) 3PT, 12/12 (100%) FT
    Stuckey: 26.50pts, 5.00 assists, 4.25 TO, 2.75 rebounds, 1.25 steals, 36/69 (52%) FG, 0/2 (00%) 3PT, 34/41 (83%) FT
  9. BallDon'tLie

Stucky for Rookie of the Year?
    ...I thought that either Amir or Afflalo were going to win that this season.
  10. BallDon'tLie

If they gave out a "Coach of the Game" award, would Michael Curry have won any of those last season?

...ok, sorry, ...back to the topic.
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stuckey has been playing well, but Jennings was injured last week (and still put up those numbers).
  12. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Why can't we congratulate stuckey as oppose to trying to rain on his parade. Sorry but some people always have something to say.
  13. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey had a great week but I think it's premature to have a parade for him.
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I said Stuckey was playing well.

I'm just saying if you are going to compare two guys, it's hard to make a fair comparison if one guy has a hyperextended knee. Wouldn't you agree?
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

It will if we can get his salary off the books, and land a free agent with $16M worth of cap space we would end up with if the cap doesn't drop, $10M if it does.
    Having 4 guards, of which NONE can facilitate an offense is just plain silly. We'd be primed for the future with Stuckey as ourstarting 2-Guard and backup PG, with Bengo serving as instant offense and fire power off the bench. Hindsight is 20/20, but with the lineup we have right now, we'd be tearing up the league right now had we moved Rip instead of Chauncey, and yes I was one of the IDIOTS that was ready for Stuckey to take over as our future PG, guess I was just as mistaken as Joe Dumars was.
    The Pressure of scoring isn't the issue, it's the pressure of facilitating the offense. C'mon man, you can't tell me you don't see how confused and awkward he looks trying to run the offense, and how free he looks when all he has to do is play his natural position and score the ball. I'm very impressed with how Stuckey has played off the ball, he seems to almost drop 25 points easily, while before it was an ugly struggle.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I look at Jennings and wonder how long can he stay healthy. One of the things that made AI GREAT was that his slight frame took a ticking and kept on clicking, it'll be interesting to see if Brandon's small frame can hold up the way AI's did.
  17. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Jennings has been playing poorly (relative to his start) for awhile now. Of the rookies, I prefer Tyreke Evans over the new Allen Iverson.
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Jennings 55 pt game will be his undoing. That will always be his summit and now bigger ,stronger guards are gonna come after him harder. Mark my word, he will NOT be another Iverson.
  19. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I'm not completely convinced that Chauncey/Stuck would have been the great combo it may seem on paper. I still believe there comes a point where Chauncey has a negative influence on his team with the way he floats through the regular season, with the "It's my pre-season" attitude. I'm not so sure he would mesh that well with the way we're winning games right now with pure hustle. His style really goes against everything we're trying to do.

In reality, the whole "Starting 5" crew needed/needs to be cleared out.
  20. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I believe too that one reason why JoeD moved Billups instead of Rip was his complacency attitude. Billups needed wake up call.

...and I absolutely do not care how "unpure" is Stuckey at PG spot.

KGREG rant for me is clearly overreaction.

Calm down, nobody will trade their "PG of the future" for aging Rip.

some ppl are so in love with CP3, so in comparison everyone looks weak. But CP3 is CP3 and Stuckey is Stuckey. This team won't sink because of Stuckey, there are far more urgent needs on other areas.

There were positives and negatives with "fab5" formula: cons were, some: - play 'em til death because of talance from bench is significantly lower.

...no trade because of either break the core or not. NOW JoeD can facilitate trade talks from position of strenght.

...also Q know when things do not work as hoped he can change the pace from bench safely. Q now has tools for adjustments, Flip actually had not.