To All the Stuckey Haters

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BG*CV*STUCK, Nov 29, 2009.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stuckey had a great week and deserves the award.

Of course, he had that week mostly been playing the two guard. :stirthepot:

But mostly he got it because his shooting percent over the last five games is at 54%, up from 39% for the rest of the season. Hopefully he can carry some of that efficiency over through the game to come.

2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I'm not saying we need a young all star PG who racks up a bunch of asts. What Chucky has shown and proven is that we need a player who can bring the ball up and facilitate our offense. We don't need D-Will or CP3, we need someone that understands what we're trying to do out there on the court, and:director: to ALLOW Stuckey to PLAY-HIS-NATURAL-POSITION......THE-2. :angrysoapbox:Truthfully we need a Luke Ridnour/Earl Watson type of PG player right now. Good handles, can see the floor, can quickly get us into our sets and can knock down shots at a decent FG%.

:deadhorse

Coincidence.........I think NOT!!!!!!

3. Kidstealth

Kidstealth First Round Draft Pick

Can we give Stuckey a chance guys? Seriously, it is only year two of starting and right now he is starting to get it together in my opinion.

Let us just give him the one thing he needs, time.

Look how long it took Billups or even a guy like Harris that some people are chanting for.

This is his first year playing full time with a real coach on the bench.

Lets just see how it rolls. He is hot right now, his assists are on the up, no reason not to let him go another season before trying to pull the plug on the guy.

4. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Some folks say this is year 3 for stuckey.... in the league 3 years...

Some folks say this is year 2 for stuckey.... 2nd year starting PG....

I actually am looking at this as year one for stuckey.... Remember he missed a good part of year one hurt, then was the backup when he returned..

And not sure you can say he learned anything last year. This is the First year as a starter with a headcoach that is working with him on becoming a better PG and better all around player.

Does that mean he's going to be the PG for this team for the next 10 years, I don't know yet, but I am seeing enough improvement in all parts of his game that I'm willing to give him this year, and then Joe will have to determine if PG and Stuckey are going to work or if we need to find another floor general.

If he's not the PG we still have a piece towards the next championship push.... yes we have holes and will need more pieces but I'm pretty happy with where we are atm.

5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

That's a good point. Coach Q deserves a lot of credit.

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not even sure that this is year 1 for Stuckey because of leap year. This is more year -1 to me.

I figure Stuckey's rookie year to take place sometime around 2012-13.

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Fair enough. AGAIN, it's not an issue with Stuckey, think about something, this is the absolute best ball Stuckey has played since he's been in Detroit, he looks like a bonafied perrenial all-star, in the month of December he's avg 23.1ppg, 5.1apg and shooting 52% from the floor......FROM THE 2!!!!! At the 1, he was looking like a big question mark, at the 2 he looks like JACKPOT!!!!!! The dude can ball, and maybe, just maybe it has something to do with letting him play HIS game, at HIS natural position.

8. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

This should be year -3 then.

9. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

actually, his rookie year will be his All-star appearance year, so he can play sophomore game too.

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I literally ducked in my chair for a second when round made that post, because I knew that Ernie was going to respond with something like this. :pound:

11. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

Hi guys!

I think KGreg has it right. Stuckey is a 2, and a darn good one. Chucky did a fine job getting us in to sets, and in just a minute he will be back on the pine so we can find minutes for the other shooting guards on our roster.

Somebody needs to get TRADED. We have way too much talent competing for minutes in the backcourt, and we are depending way too much on Big Ben in the front court.

Get it done, Joe D!

12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No doubt, the Pistons have several pieces of what could eventually be a championship team. They definitely have a couple of extra pieces that don't fit and a couple of missing pieces.

The strong play by the rookies when given an opportunity may have murkied the waters for Joe D. I'm sure he is still trying to sort it all out.

To win the ultimate goal, though, a trade or two will definitely be needed at some point. It might not happen as quickly as some fans would like.

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Rodney Stuckey don't use no 365 day calendar, that type of thinking is 20 years old.

14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

ROTFLMAO.......that ish is FUN-KNEE!!!!!!:pound::pound::pound:

15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Good SGs become good PGs when they get older. It's part of player development. Just like Sheed transformed from a PF to a Center as he got older.

All Stuckey needs is to get older.

16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

It's hard to argue with the results.

Rip can't be traded fast enough.

17. DesmoPiston

DesmoPiston First Round Draft Pick

I agree with KGreg. CB + Stuckey could've been awesome. When CB gets trapped he could dump it to Stuckey, who is good at driving, making the defense pay. RIP got better at driving lately, but Stuckey does it better. All this complacence crap about CB in reg-season is BS. If you go to 6 straight ECFs, yes its possible to get complacent during regular season. Humans after all. The man played with heart in play-offs.

oh well, It will be one of those "what if" s of the decade.

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

At the SG position, Rip has led the team in scoring for about 6 straight years with a Championship, a runner up game 7 heartbreak, and a steady diet of Conference Finals near misses.

Meanwhile Stuckey has had one good stretch with his first ever stint of shooting a high percentage from the field. In our last 7 games played, we have 1 road win and it was over a 6-18 team.

So, all I'm saying, is that you might not want to pull a Dumards and hand him the keys to the SG position quite yet. We happen to already have 2 studs at that position while we have Will Bynum and Chucky Atkins manning the point (so we need help there).

No way both Rip and Ben Gordon get traded.

19. BB4L11

BB4L11 First Round Draft Pick

Yeah he's consistant, consistantly bad, of all the players to give the ball to from a dead ball situation wth less than 5 seconds on the clock they go to him, I guess it says as much about the team as it does about him, why give him the ball, he is shooting 3-13 damn it.

Do they want to win or what?

20. BB4L11

BB4L11 First Round Draft Pick

Ha ha, what he needs to do is get lost, trade him, bench him do something with him, just get him out of here. They tried to make him their guy but it's not working out, it happens, get someone else please.