Today's Pistons Pieces 7/10/09

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Jul 10, 2009.

1. G-man

G-man Starter

John Kuester ready to make most of opportunity
    GEORGE SIPPLE • FREE PRESS

"I've been an assistant for 14 years. This past season was the first I just focused on offense. Championships are won playing defense, and it's going to be not different here. We'll be a grind-it-out team for 48 minutes, and we'll implement a system that will be concise, consistent, where our concepts and our terms will be preached every day at practice, shoot-arounds and games. So defense will play a huge role for us to also have success on offense."

John Kuester ready to make most of opportunity | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Kuester's success will depend on how he handles 2 things
    MICHAEL ROSENBERG • FREE PRESS

"Kuester went out of his way to praise Hamilton on Thursday -- I think when the news conference ended, Kuester stopped traffic on I-75 to tell everybody how wonderful Rip is. He should give all the toasts at Rip's wedding this weekend."

Kuester's success will depend on how he handles 2 things | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Changes in salary cap, luxury tax likely to cool off free-agent market Drew Sharp - Freep

"President Joe Dumars made the right call in spending now. Waiting and rolling the dice on Chris Bosh or Amare Stoudemire next summer would have momentarily pacified the jackal pack of critics smelling blood, but it also would have exhibited a dangerous lack of foresight"

Changes in salary cap, luxury tax likely to cool off free-agent market | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Summer league could play bigger role in roster makeup
    VINCE ELLIS • FREE PRESS

"It's extremely beneficial when you have as many draftees as we have this year," director of player personnel George David said by phone during the team's practice in Vegas. "The chance not only to evaluate them at this early juncture in their development ... but we can also see how they adapt to coaching, teaching and a professional environment."

Summer league could play bigger role in roster makeup | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Jonas Jerebko shines in scrimmage
    Chris McCoskey - Detroit News

"In one of his first plays during the scrimmage, he lost his defender with a pump fake, drove the baseline and crashed into two bigger players: Trent Plaisted and DaJuan Summers. He not only initiated the contact, but he finished with a lay-in.

"There is more space here (in the lane), so I feel more comfortable taking the ball to the basket," he said. "In Europe, it seems like there's 18 people in the paint waiting for you. Here it's more open and easier to get a shot off."

Jonas Jerebko shines in scrimmage | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Detroit Pistons summer league roster set
    Dave Dial - Mlive

"The Pistons start things off against the Sacramento Kings Friday at 6:00pm EST"

Detroit Pistons summer league roster set - Full-Court Press

2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks G. (the first and second links are to the same article)

So Walker and Sullivan return as assistants and Cowens stays with the organization but not as an assistant. A big meal of Curry must have left a pretty bad taste in his mouth.

3. G-man

G-man Starter

I have double vision

Yeh, I double post some stuff so it will actually sink into some of the heads in here...

(Naw it's an oops! too late to edit..Maybe Rosconio will tag & bag it.
    t'anks DBA

4. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Re: I have double vision

Nice job G-Man.

That's an interesting summer league roster. If there is a way, I'll be sure to catch that game against the young Queens . I'm really looking forward in seeing Summers, Daye, Jerebko & co. play.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Fixed, pinned.

6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

FYI...

7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Oooh baby, get ready for the ROASTING if Joe trades Afflalo.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If they trade Afflalo, that means they intend to keep Hamilton and Gordon. :(

9. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

@Lee356: next time choose your favourite players better: so far all of them have been shipped away from Detroit.

yeah, when trade happens it is the result of Lee's curse.

10. G-man

G-man Starter

Moves put pressure on Joe Dumars
    Bob Wojnowski - Detroit News

"The point is, the coach doesn't matter to the Pistons, or at least doesn't matter nearly as much as the guy in the big office, the one who deflects and attracts attention at the same time. Genial, savvy Joe Dumars is the man who matters more than ever now, more than any player (including good, expensive newcomers Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva), more than any coach.

Dumars is the focus, and not just because he introduced his sixth coach in a nine-year span Thursday. Dumars has made it clear he values players more than coaches, and in the NBA, that's not a bad philosophy."

Moves put pressure on Joe Dumars | detnews.com | The Detroit News

11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Thanks G-man. Now I have lots of good stuff to read if I eat lunch at my desk today. :)

12. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Ouch! I mean, his D needs work but man!

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I enjoyed that one also.