Tony DiLeo out as Sixers coach

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Omaha Piston, May 11, 2009.

1. Omaha Piston

Omaha Piston Second Round Draft Pick

DiLeo out as Sixers coach | Philadelphia Inquirer | 05/11/2009

DiLeo out as Sixers coach

By Kate %%%an
    INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Tony DiLeo withdrew his name from consideration to return as head coach of the 76ers and will return to his previous position as senior vice president and assistant general manager, Sixers president and general manager Ed Stefanski announced today.

"Tony and I had a meeting scheduled for this afternoon, during which time he informed me of his decision that he would not return as head coach next season," Stefanski said. "I want to thank Tony for the commendable job he did this season under some unique and difficult circumstances, including leading us to the playoffs."

DiLeo took over for fired coach Maurice Cheeks on Dec. 13, 2008 and finished the season 32-27. The Sixers lost in the first round of the playoffs to the Orlando Magic.
  2. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dude was "suit or office grunt" with the Sixers the last 19 years, and still had a better record than Curry.:yellowprison:

He did coach womens basketball in Europe back in the 80's, so was able to transition over to the guys 25 years later.......Joe should still look at Laimbeer mid December if we are floundering around with a sub 500 record...or maybe even Dileo...:)
  4. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

Or even lure Collins, Hubie Brown or Van Gundy from their cushy TV jobs. Whatever one may say about any of these guys, each would be a definite and substantial improvement over Curry.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think the Sixer fans are looking at former homeboy Collins to step in and lead them back to glory..
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Very nice! :pound: