1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.

Top 5 Favorite NBA Players

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by linwood, Aug 14, 2013.

1. raw36

raw36 First Round Draft Pick Forum Donor

Sheed - the athleticism, personality, pre-game dance, fade-away J, "guaransheed"
    Clyde Drexler - very smooth, grace under pressure, really wanted him to beat Jordan in '92
    James Worthy - quickness, fast break dunks, the goggles
    Chris Webber - great dunker, great passer, great jump shot... him and Sheed on that Bullets team was awesome
    Ben Wallace - the championship and all the reasons mentioned above

2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Jalen Rose

Gheorge Muresan

Juan "Pepe" Sanchez

Jerome "JYD" Williams

Anthony Goldwire

3. Nemo

Nemo Part Time Poster Forum Donor

Sometimes my posts are hard to understand...

有一个很好的一天

4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

1. Buck Cheever

2. Howard Stubbs

3. Hal & Kittie Kramer (tie)

4. Sheldon Tipton

5. Pete Gupta's teenage son

5. max

max All-Star

Pepe Sanchez, Darvin Ham, Carlos Arroyo, Afflallo,

6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm working on my list, but Ivan the Terrible is definitely on it.

linwood likes this.
  7. Nemo

Nemo Part Time Poster Forum Donor

Gotta include Myck Kabongo

8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Adonis Rickitikkitembo (stolen from Danny Ainge's all-time list)
    Unka Debunkalogo
    Ivan the Terrible
    Capp Spayce
    Blocko

9. 1989

1989 Bench Warmer

Adding my response to the record, this is a neat question and a fun thread to read.

1. Isiah Thomas. Our best player and unquestioned leader, and (along with Laimbeer) the heart and soul of a Pistons team that crawled out of the gutter, battled its way to contention, fighting with the Knicks, the Hawks, the Bullets, and of course the Celtics, finally dethroning the Celtics as Eastern reps before losing to the Lakers, finally dethroning the Lakers as NBA champions, winning two championships when Magic, Bird, and Jordan were all in the league at the same time, holding off the Bulls for 3 consecutive years before succumbing to the Bulls onslaught, and then immediately drifting back into the lottery. More than anyone else, it was Isiah who was the fulcrum at the center of this amazing story. He was supremely skilled, and supremely driven. He was as fine a leader of a basketball team as I've ever seen (maybe the finest). In a game to save my life, I'm picking Isiah before anyone.
    2. John Stockton. He'd been in the league a long time before he made the Finals. But it was watching him in the Finals that caused me to have new appreciation for his game. Here was a guy who looked harmless. But how devastating was this guy? Unparalleled durability and longevity. Absolutely reliable handle. Tremendous vision. Excellent shot. He wasn't the quickest but he played with preternatural anticipation on the defensive end. He also set shockingly bone-crunching screens. It will be decades before his records for assists and steals are even approached, let alone broken. At an age when Isiah had already been retired for a couple of years, Stockton was as good as he'd ever been. I greatly enjoyed watching him from ages 35 to 40.
    3. Gary Payton. After Isiah retired, and with Dumars in decline, The Glove became my favourite guard. I loved his post game. His D was terrific. Strong rebounder. He scored a lot of points but it never felt like he was dominating the ball, or failing to get his teammates involved. He was one half of an absolutely fearsome duo (along with the unique and ferocious Shawn Kemp). He was always yapping and jawing, and he was always fun to watch.
    4. LeBron James. Love his game. The steely resolve needed to win hasn't always been there, but I love his ability: he can pass like Magic (and prefers to play this way), he can score like Jordan if he has to, his body looks like Karl Malone but he sprints the floor like a wide receiver. When he's really motivated, his individual defense is maybe the best I've seen due to its unparalleled versatility. And he's really smart, studies the game and his opponents, consistently makes exceptional decisions.
    5. Joe Dumars. Isiah was the best, but when I used to play a lot, I always had Dumars in mind. His quiet demeanour, excellent D, sweet shooting, and capable handle. He wasn't the leader that Isiah was; but he made major contributions in an unassuming way, and I always tried to do the same (both on the basketball court, and in life generally . . . though in recent years I've had to be more of a leader at home and at work, so it hasn't been possible to "blend into the background" as Dumars did).

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    BillLaimbeer, roscoe36 and Mogilny like this.