1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Trade: I'm Not Scared To Say It...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by dozero, Oct 27, 2006.

1. dozero

dozero First Round Draft Pick

Okay. Mr. Big Shot and Dice are, for the most part, playing for next year's contract (they will both opt out and go free). Do we trade: Sheed, Dice and Davis for Garnett and release the Brahma and then focus on resigning CB in the off season? We'd still need a back up center, but the line up it still worth something. Starters: CB, RH, TP, KG and NM. Bench: LH, RM, CD, JM and Center. The bench would, IMO, be a pretty good pass-penertrate-to the hole group.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I approve. Whatever it takes.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't think McDyess will get more FA money than he is already making. The only reason he opts out, is to look for a longer term contract.

In what should be a busy FA period, no one is going to overpay for a non-starting veteran PF with bad knees.

4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm not sure Dice is headed for opt out land. Dollars to donuts he will take the option and try to stay. I have trouble imagining anyone would pay him more than what the Pistons have already committed to. Plus there is that trade kicker.

Still, doesn't impact your suggestion. The trade numbers work, though maybe not for Minny - basically means they're blowing it up and starting over. Then again, one more mediocre half season and they might be willing to pull the trigger.

My only question about Garnett is whether he has become too accustomed to mediocrity. He says not, but then again he doesn't seem to be putting the kind of pressure on the organization to do something that someone with his talent level and name recognition could do.

If you could get 30 minutes out of Nazr at center, you could split Garnett between the 4 & 5 at 18 each (and still cut his minutes from what he plays now). If you can find 30 minutes at the 4 spot off the bench you got a team. Rip, Tay, and Garnett form a pretty formidable core. Add in CB and you've still got the best starting five. Can JMax and AJ fill in the missing 30?

5. max

max All-Star

Sadly I think thats the way most of the league sees him.

If there are 2 things that I would want to upgrade it would be a 3rd big ( Dyess job ) who has a post game and some actual size and a starting Center. Mohammed is a nice stop gap for now.

6. roscoe36

KG pressures the hell out of the organization from what I have read. Unfortunately, he's buggy whipping a team of donkeys.

7. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

When KG gets traded it won't be for guys older than him. They'll want picks (good ones) and/or young talent.

8. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

dang. 20/20 hindsight.

anyway. i don't want no stinking kg. the superstar method isn't a good fit for the pistons. 1 foot injury and your season is down the tubes. sheed goes down for 30 games we can survive and maybe thrive.

9. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

survive sure, but we started sucking in the playoffs after sheed's injury. i really think that was the most important reason why we lost last year (i know many won't agree, but that's how i feel).

10. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree Hobbs, I can't see Minny making that trade. I'm sure they can get a LOT more for KG and they'd be looking to get younger not older.

11. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

well flip kept playing the injured sheed. he didn't release the brahma.

12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We're out all in fantasy land here anyway (as others have said,it's hard to imagine Minny making the trade), so let's make the most of it. KG seems to me to have dropped off the superstar radar. Yeah, he shows up in some commercials from time to time, but he sure ain't Wade, Inc. or Lebron, Inc.

Suppose he just wants to be a basketball player, maybe more in the Sheed mode than the superstar mode. I think he might fit in, and that he might be willing to adjust his game to do so if wins and a title run were in the offing.

Or not, but if somehow McHale were to show up at the door with a large suitcase with lots of knees and elbows sticking out, I'm not sure JoeD wouldn't have to go for it.

13. roscoe36

I imagine playing in Minny has a lot to do with the marketability of a player.

14. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Come on guys, don't forget KG is 29 or near 30 himself, not exactly a spring chicken and not much older than Sheed or Dice.

If anything Minny may be getting the best of the deal.

15. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

This trade idea is definitely near and dear to my heart. I'm not so sure Minny wouldn't consider this trade. They're supposed to be a class organization; ain't that right McHale? If a guy wants out, they should accomodate him.

The numbers work with Sheed and either Nazr or Dice. I'd throw in Delfino if his game don't improve by the deadline; and maybe a future draft choice or two. This is actually a good trade for Minny. They get the closest thing to Garnett (Sheed), another big guy, a promising 2/3 they can groom, and a future pick or two. How could they do better?

BTW, I ain't ready to kick Dice to the curb. Although he never had great defensive lateral ability (as a Piston), he remains one of the games premire offensive rebounders; particularly at money time. Plus when his shot is on, he's dam near automatic.

16. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I wish folks would stop talking about KG in a Piston uniform. He is not the 2nd coming!!!!!!!!! Do some think that KG and Flip will somehow lead us into the promised land? Please.............

KG would not solve not one of our problems we currently have. Let him stay and retire in Minny!!!!!!!l

17. dozero

Rebound? Low post option? Force the double team and open up the perimeter? Yes. He does bring something to the table.

Now. I think Minny gets a good deal, but if it can be done with Sheed, Davis, Delfino and some draft pick(s), even better.

18. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Two 1st rounders plus two young prospects and expirings... that's what it would take... we're talking Delfino, Brahma and both of our picks... somebody like the Celtics would pay this price.

19. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

KG alone wil not solve our rebounding issues. We had arguably the best rebounder (Ben Wallace) in the game last year and still had problems.

Low post option?? KG`s pet move is a 10-15 foot turn around fade away J. I wouldn`t say people fear him in the low post.

Open up the perimeter................Please, I won`t even talk about the perimeter. Let`s just let KG stay in Minny.

20. dozero

Hey, I'm not saying he's Time Duncan, but he does command respect around the rim. The 10-15 away from the rim works in Rip's favor (remember the Cliff Rob move). Besides, this is the East where we are guard heavy. He'd match up well on this side of the fence. Switch him to the 5 for a while with max at the 4 and we have some serious options. Just my opinion. Don't get me wrong. I like Sheed and Dice. I'm just throwing a trade out there that could be done and stating how it could help us win game.