Trade Talk

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Feb 29, 2012.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, but what Rondo lacks in his ability to shoot threes he makes up for with his lack of ability to shoot free throws.
  2. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

I really don't think those two would mesh in any way............
  3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Rondo would learn a lot from Stuckey though....
    coynejeremy likes this.
  4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I disagree. Rondo is clearly the better rookie.
  5. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

6. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We have Monroe locked up for at least 2 more seasons after this one.

I don't think there is any rush to unload Gordon at all costs. After this shortened season there is only 2 years left (assuming Gordon takes his player option - no brainer). Unless you think we can contend next year or the year after, there's no point. Same with CV.

If we were gonna make this trade we would have done it 2 years ago when it was first offered when we were 're-tooling'. Now that we're rebuilding, there's no point.
  7. linwood

linwood All-Star

I agree. I think Rondo is a top tier talent, and would be worth having, but I'm not sure that he would stick around in a couple years when his contract expires. To that end, it just makes a horrible team mediocre and drops the draft position a few pegs. Plus, in a few years, Knight may have turned the corner and be a rising star.
  8. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

This is the risk to take - but it feels like an NBA 2K move more than a real one.

On one hand, Rondo/Allen is an instant improvement. It gives us a huge amount of width on the court and stops Stuckey from freight training into bigs for 30 minutes a game. I happen to quite like Rondo. I don't think he gets enough credit, and anyone who can deal with Paul Pierce for years of their life deserves a lot of respect. Allen is a phenomenal shooter with no super strong loyalties - a professional who won't resent being sent to Detroit. And there is the added advantage of freeing cap space a whole year earlier.

On the other, we don't know what Rondos ceiling is, but it must be close. BK is a hardworking, enthusiastic rookie with a very choice skill set. Rondo may not stay beyond his contract.

The pick stuff is literally lottery. We don't know where Det or Bos will end up either way. Given the option, I would probably take this trade, and use the replacement Veteran in Allen to offload Tay. Outcome - Amazing
  9. max

max All-Star

hmm, makes you wonder. I liked the trade before I read that. Alexa has a point if they have been shopping him hard then perhaps there is a reason why. Rhondo has 3 more years after this one left on his contract at around 11-12 mil/season.

But if we did do it then I really do not mind the flipping picks part, providing its done right. One of the best Piston trades ever was when Doug Collins back in 1994 or 95 swapped our 7th or 8th pick for the 18th pick and Otis Thorpe ( an established PF ). Used that 18 to pick Theo Ratliff and bang we had a decent front court overnight. The guy that did go with our original pick was kind of a bust which made it all that much sweeter. Couple of years later he traded Thorpe for what would become the famous Darko pick.

Anyway, if done right it can work out trading away a good draft pick. And if Rhondo did work out then we would have 2 pieces of a contending team already in place with Rhondo and Moose. I keep hoping BK will be something special but I am not convinced yet so this could be his most valuable season trade wise or he could be an all-star - who knows.

But if Rhondo is a head case then it could be taking on a whole new problem that we would be better without.
  10. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Seriously. The title of their thread over there says trade rumors, but it's just some guy's wet dream/fantasy scenario. It's kind of misleading if you only see the title of the post.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's why I wouldn't do it. Knight looks like the kind of player that will continue to do the right things to get better. He already has the slashing and the 3-point shooting... and the good attitude. He's cheap and we're actually developing him by giving him all the PT he could ever want as a rookie. In essence, I'd gamble on him and let all our back contracts burn off (hopefully no more are added).
  12. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I just read in ESPN that the celtics are shopping Rondo at a huge scale right now.. talking to everybody.
    It seems he is a pain in the locker and his argues to Doc Rivers reach a final point.

If we can have him for the right price it would be nice.. Maybe Ben Wallace can teach him how to behave.
    He is one of the best point guards in the league right now and only 26 yrs old.. this is his 6th year in the NBA.
  13. linwood

linwood All-Star

If Rondo is a problem, and the Celts want to unload him, then we should be able to get a decent deal. Stuckey for Rondo + second round pick? Stuckey and Tweets? KG is pretty old...
  14. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

just say NO.... that is all.
  15. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Trade talks are leverages for active owners. IF Gores wants to get rid of Bengo's salary for Allen ( and maybe switch Stuckey and rondo, and maybe swap picks) - in this case it does not matter what Dumars wants.
  16. BallDon'tLie

Charles Garbage and K-G playing on the same team would be LOL material!
    I'd follow that team on a daily basis just to read all of the cancer patient trash talk that would occur in practice.
    S.J. likes this.
  17. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Good one Ball. lol!
    _____

I heard Stuckey CAN'T be Dealt because he sign his contract after 15th so he is up to trades after march 15th. But the deadline is the 15th (I think) so we can't deal Stuckey. (Something like that..)
    Maybe someone with better knowledge on the subject can clear that up for me.

Rondo and Allen in exchange for Gordon, Maxiell, Will Bynum and Daye works perfectly (according to the ESPN trade machine)

Maxiell 5 millon contract ends up this july.
  18. BallDon'tLie

Good one S.J. lol!
  19. BallDon'tLie

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...1127/Pistons-players-shrug-off-trade-deadline

:lol:

...Sounds like Will Bynum is less than happy playing for Larry Frank.
  20. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Im pretty sure the feeling is mutual. Bynum has been as useless as BG and Daye. That is mind numbing to me that all 3 of them are so unable or unwilling to actually play defense and hustle out there. I say bargain bin the lot of em and toss in CVG as a parting gift. See if we can get some frozen bananas for Arnies magic potions, at least that way they will all have been useful to the team at least once.
    roscoe36 likes this.