Trading Rasheed?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by DaviaG-Rap, Jun 2, 2006.

1. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Still don't see why that should limit him in spotting Tay. Don't need to be a big scorer, just someone who can fill in the back up role. I think JMax can drop 10 points if given some consistent minutes.
    They got to start him somewhere and he is a SF in height and PF in body. I think he'd do a better job guarding other SF than true PF who will have a distinct height advantage. Yeah, I know about his long arms.
  2. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

Rasheed is a game changer...WHEN HE WANTS TO BE. Ever seen Batman Begins? It's not who you are it's what you do that defines you. I'm not asking Sheed to put up KG #'s, I just want him to be all that he can be. Play hard, work from the inside out, get high % shots. That's all I want from Sheed...consistancy. He has disappointed me time and time again.

Calling Sheed clutch is an insult to all the great clutch players. You only need one hand and five fingers to count the number of clutch performances he has had. Yeah he can hit the occasional 3pt, but when was the last time he had a double digit 4th quarter?

We are talking about replacing Ben and Sheed with KG and a smaller player do to lack of a true center. Our half court offense would be even better with KG and we wouldn't be playing 4 on 5 because Ben would be replaced with a compitant offensive player.

I keep bringing up Darko because I can. Venting is my right as a Piston fan.

Keep telling yourself Darko had little to do with Orlando's improved record. He had as much to do with their success as McDyess and Lindsey Hunter have to us if not more. He is only 21 by the way. We are on top of the hill starting down the trail. Darko is on the same trail heading up- it won't be long before we cross paths and he will be looking down on us. That's what makes me mad. We lost our chance to remain on the Hill. We can only hope that Orlando pick lands us something decent.
  3. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

ggazoo... i hear you. his fg% stinks, but with a better team that might change.

we need front court help either way. we need a banger down there however you slice it. Sheed is a 3 in a 4's body, in my opinion.

if we win tonight and Sunday then it's all a moot point. J-Max might be the wild card Post presence that we need anyhow.

I'm not married to my idea in any way. Just throwing it out there. But I can't see trading sheed for any 4 in the league. He's better.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I want to share a pet peeve.

The obsession with height.

Gheorghe Muresan 7' 7"
    Chuck Nevitt 7' 5"

All-Stars? Icons? Champions?

For every tall player who excelled, there has been 2 small players who have done equally as well.

You would think Detroit fans would know that heart is bigger than height when our best player in franchise history was small.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

This whole thread is BS. This team deserves to get beaten and stopped before dismantling. You can flush this whole thread if we pull out this con. fin. I think it's gotten to rough for some of you. Can't deal will the fear of a couple elimination games.
    Let's see how well they go to work tonite.
  6. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

i agree with TFD. this thread is silly.

can we wait until detroit is knocked-out before we trade away the starters, please?
  7. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

I know we are going to win tonight. That doesn't change anything. This team still isn't good enough to win a championship. They are just playing with you right now- you just can't see it.

If you don't like this thread Foff. Don't read it.
  8. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

Yeah TFD! Fall in line with this thread's thinking, OR GET OUT! We don't want any logic or reason around these parts!

(For the record, I agree with Micro's assestment of trade proposals #1-6).
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I've got 37,620,000 reasons why Rasheed won't be traded. That's 11,400,000 next year, 12.540,00 the following year, and 13,680,000 in 2008-09. Rasheed is being overpaid and I don't see anyone else (except possibly Isiah) wanting to overpay on the 3 years left of that contract.

Sheed's disappearance in meaningful playoff games doesn't help his street value either.
  10. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Very true Bill, but fortunately for Isiah, he won't have to worry about Sheed's playoff performance since the Knicks won't be there any time soon.
  11. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

One thing I like about this forum is it lacks the petty sniping of the detnews forum. If you want to lob pseudo F bombs, go back there and join the Trolls and the Muppets.
  12. max

max All-Star

This thread does not exactly rank up there as one of the best. Have to come a little stronger than this. Sheed is an All-star and should demand a lot more than what has been proposed here.
  13. booggerg

booggerg First Round Draft Pick

don't trade sheeed!! I'd have to buy another jersey then!

Oh why did I buy a Corliss jersey after the 04 champ year!? :frusty:
  14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Griffin you're beautiful.
    Grap you were proven right. And you know I knew that too. But I wasn't going to desert my team before the last bullet was fired. Our guys deserved that. All you bball nuts just like to dream about trades and imaginary teams. I wouldn't steal your dreams. Perhaps you could make some trades for NYK they need help. Or Toronto. Or Indiana. But not the Pistons. We got everthing under control. JD will figure it out.
    ------
    CFrye, needs 2 more years of seasoning. It's all about vets. here right?
    You may have your thread back.
  15. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Each trade scenario has risk. Sheed didn't do diddly to further endear himself to me (and I'm a Sheed fan) or any potential suitor. The next question or maybe first question should be is Flip a good enough manager of people to improve the output of someone percieved as a top five PF talent.