Training Camp sneaking up on us

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Sep 2, 2005.

1. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Lee

That would be a reasonable hypothesis Lee. But I really don't know Glinny that well and haven't seen him play so I'll reserve my guess on that one.

Will you be expecting Hunter to retire? Or does he get cut loose? I'm thinking he'd be there in place of Glinny, and probably Acker in place of Dupree. :nod:
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

hi

Bricalz, I alread have Acker in that roster, not Dupree. On Hunter, last I remember hearing is that Hunter would take the offseason to decide whether to retire. I guess we should know pretty soon. Or maybe he will show up to camp, look around and see how good Acker and Mo Evans are on defense before making his decision.

On Glynny, I have not seen him play either. What I have heard sounds promising though. Tough, physical inside player on offense who can also shoot the outside shot. Very good height and size at around 7 foot, 280 pounds. Slimmed down recently and moving faster. Why would I want to see such a player on the roster? A big body to throw at Shaq. He does not need to be all that quick to guard Shaq. He needs to be big, strong, and tall. Those things he is. And cheap.

The tough question is though, with Glynny, just how could you fit him on a playoff roster at the end of the season. But hey, if he shows some promise, it can't hurt to give him some development time. Who knows, he just might be able to beat out Dale Davis by season's end, or at least show that while not quite as good as Davis overall, he is more effective vs. Shaq. If Darko is playing a lot at season's end, and us already having Dyess, Ben, and Sheed, Davis would not be needed in the regular rotation; and for the playoffs, its all about having the right tools needed. That might mean Glynny, not Davis. Plus there is always the old injury bug. If by keeping Glynny, and again this assumes he is worth keeping, you have very inexpensive depth in case of injury, why not?
  3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Any Greeks Ever Played In The NBA?

With all this talk about AG I was wondering if any Greek players have ever played in the NBA?

I don't believe that Greece has ever been considered one of the top Euro teams and I don't believe that AG is considered one of the top Greek players.

I don't know why Joe D. drafted this guy other than the fact that he is big. But big isn't good enough. Even a "Fatburger" has to be prepared correctly in order to enjoy its "big" size.
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

If we wanted another body to throw at Shaq we should have picked up Nigel Dixon.
  5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

6. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

A Greek star named Elefthi (sp?) Rentzios played one season for Philly, back in 2002 or 2003. Meanwhile I'm sure there were a number of Greek American players in the early days of the NBA.
  7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Jake Tsakalidis

From Greece. which just won Eurobasket