1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Two people that might be up for grabs (Arroyo & Darko)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by DirtyMoney, Jan 5, 2006.

1. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

2. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

Re: 2 People that might be up for grabs

I hope we trade Darko and keep CA for at least one more year. I love Darko and CA but Darko is never going to be impact player here IMO. I think if he goes somewhere else he will. CA I would love to keep for his whole contract, but IMO he is also a starting PG in this league. However, if we were going to trade Darko I wish we would have done it in off season.

3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i think darko could be traded to ATL for a good player that might interest the pistons.

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'm starting to smell a trade...
    Atlanta waived a roster spot
    Seattle waived a roster spot (Cleaves)
    Hammond is no longer talking in terms of untouchable when discussing Darko... he's now "an asset".

I don't have much confidence in either Evans or Delfino at SF... especially come playoff time.
    When I get a chance I'll show bench production at home vs. on the road... should be an eye opener for their ability (or lack of) to handle pressure situations.

5. clingman

clingman First Round Draft Pick

The Pacers released Samaki Walker too... with contracts and such coming up shortly everybody is getting ready, and from what I've read this has been a supper slow with trades this year. So once it starts I bet it will open the flood gates.

6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The Rockets & Warriors have also released a roster spot....
    This could just mean they're gonna sign a 10 day contract but it does appear that teams are positioning for some moves.

7. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

value

we will not get equal value from darko. a young athletic 7 footer is a vital piece in building any team. the only trade we should do for darko is one that involves an established star and young big men or high draft picks.

8. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

I doubt Arroyo is traded--not because he's a great player but because decent backup PGs are hard to come by (Hunter, IMO, doesn't count as a point). I also suspect Joe D wants to limit the number of new rotation players he brings in, because their integration could take some time.

I will say we deal for no more than one rotation player, and I believe that that player should (and will) be a 2 and/or 3. Arroyo, McDyess, and a legit 2/3, to go with Davis and Hunter as spot subs, would be a group I would feel comfortable with.

I do believe Delfino will be a contributor now and in the future. I just would feel more comfortable with a bit more experience going into the postseason.

I also think Darko will be the one dealt away (with Evans in the event that we need a bit more to make salaries match).

9. linwood

linwood All-Star

Re: value

Just to play the "what if" game, BBJay... what if darko gets traded? Will you cheer for his replacement? Follow Darko on his new team? or just transfer your affections to another deserving bench player?

I know it won't happen, but, "what if" ?

10. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

I know I will watch Darko's development if he goes to a team where he can actually break the rotation. I was looking for Kwame Brown to show something in LA, but...

11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That 6.8 million dollar qualifying offer is a big albatross around Darko's neck. It was only a matter of time for him to come up as a trade possibility.

You gotta remember that Joe works the local media HARD. If someone publishes an "Arroyo and Darko" are trade bait article, with Tom Hammond going from "not going to trade" to "asset" talk on Darko, you can bet they are probably trying to warm up the fan base for a move.

I don't know how they will get anywhere near equal value for Darko, not because he has a nice smile or is tall/athletic, but because his salary is so enormous for what a team will get back in immediate return, that it's hard to see a squad he makes a nice fit on, and provides Detroit with a return on that #2 pick.

Arroyo? I can see him moving. He wants to play. He's in year 2 of a 4 year deal, and he'll never get more than the Mid Level Exception next kick at the can unless he can get on the court and show his stuff.

But again, who has what Joe wants (needs)? How do these two players fit back? Remember, Joe is going to get a guy with some Pistons DNA, and skills that can contribute immediately.

I'd like to think players like that are in high demand... :eyebrows:

12. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

yes. i will cheer for his replacement.

yes. i will follow darko on his new team. i'm rooting for l.a. to get him.

i liked all of the bench players from lb's tenure. all the ones he sat on the bench saying they couldn't contribute because of lack of skill, maturity, attitude, not coming back from injury fast enough etc.

smush parker, delfino, darko, okur, darko, arroyo

now when darko is traded we will once again see the truth about it. we will also see another young talent slip away from the pistons.

13. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Trading Darko

Just read this quote from John Hammond:

"You have a responsibility--every team has a responsibility--to be on the phones talking with other teams, doing your due diligence to see what's out there, but with our team and the position we're in now, teams understand that we're not going to move any significant parts of our (playing rotation)"

That means the 'stons are listening to offers for Arroyo, Darko, and Delfino. (Sorry guys, I dont think JMax or Evans have any trade value).

So does Joe pull the trigger? IMHO, no way, he's not doing anything til he sees what Ben does with his contract, especially considering the declining defense of Big Ben and Sheed. My money is that Arroyo is gone.

14. max

max All-Star

I would imagine Arroyo would want to stick around as a reserve for a shot at a title. You can't come within mins of one and not want to get back.

If Darko continues to sit then he has to be traded. If he continues rotting on the bench I cannot see how we will get anything much at all for him. Larry Brown you can explain away but he has to have lost some credibility with a 2nd coach not playing him.

15. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Re: Trading Darko

I can't see Joe giving up Arroyo or Delfino. Looks like Dorko is the odd man out.

16. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Darko and Arroyo are the 2 on the block. Though if we dish out Arroyo we need a PG back.

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Trade Darko for what?

We have no legitimate need. The one thing we came up short on last season was a 4th big to put on Duncan. We used Tay instead and missed out on a championship.

Point guard? We have a guy at backup point among the leader in two things. Assists per minute, and assist to turnover ratio.

Backup small forward. Gee, Delfino has been looking awful good of late.

Shooting guard. Gee, Delfino can play that too. Not that CB can't back up there with Arroyo getting more minutes.

power forward. You got to be kidding right. We got three excellent power forwards in Ben, Sheed, and Dyess.

This team is poised to win a championship. Nothing more is needed than to get Darko involved in our rotation. Dumars, Flip, and Darko are grown up men. Last I checked, the team wanted to win some rings. Get it done. Next game. Play Darko.

18. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

I'm thinkin everybody besides the starting 6, the rooks and Hunter are "on the block." I got no problem with the broom. Most likely to be moved appear to be Darko, Arroyo and possibly Evans; depending on the contracts.

That's about $9.6 Mill in tradeable contracts to work with. Time to go to work!:nod:

19. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

I'm smellin a trade too.:eyebrows:

There are a few backup points out there that might be available to make a trade work. I love Arroyo's floor generalship but moving him ain't the end of the world. I'm thinkin the LA or Orl rumors aren't that bad a deal. Anybody wanna change my mind?

Absolutely!

20. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

Re: Trade Darko for what?

that was LB's fault for not playing mcdyess, who was not only on his game, but still had 2 fouls to give in the 4th quarter...wtf was he saving him for?