U of M Wolverines 2008 season

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by ggazoo69, Aug 30, 2008.

1. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I wonder why this guy isn't starting at QB for the Blue. He's on the roster and has run the spread in H.S. What does Rodriguez have to lose at this point?

Justin Feagin, American Heritage
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He had a couple of decent runs today, but you could tell he was tentative and was told just to run, no passing. He was red shirt, but I say give him a few more snaps during the week and let him start vs the Wildcats next week and see if he can indeed run the spread...:fingerscr

The defense turned in their finest performance of the season AFN the offense although challenged in the red zone had an opportunity to put up 56 points today if they had scored a TD on all 7 of their scores and had not fumbled in the red zone in the first qtr.

Just think if they run the table vs Northwestern and OSU:ner-ner: and finish with a 5-7 record and then have to think about the one they let get away in Purdue...which would have had at least qualified them for a bowl...
  3. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

If this happens, then I'll put out cookies and Milk for Santa.:thumb:
  4. ggazoo69

I think they'll also think about losing to Toledo.
  5. ggazoo69

A sign of the apocalypse: UM football loses 8 games in a season for the first time ever.

Thank you, Bill Martin.
  6. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Saw the end of that game----8 straight incompletions. Just horrid.
  7. LA Dre

Look for # 9 next week in this season of firsts for Wolverine football team. All traditions have been broken with Rich Rod at the helm:rolleyes:. A lot of streaks fell by the wayside.
  8. LA Dre

No brainer here, even though the defense did their best in the first half to trigger an upset, the offense wasn't up to the challenge. Nick Sheridan is the worst QB ever at Michigan as he cannot throw a pass with accuracy down field and cannot throw on the run at all. Can't throw all the blame at him though, RR and the coaching staff have no imagination with what they have I don't recall but one or two runs up the middle the whole game. Could not score on the opening series interception where they were on the 13 yard line and took them 4 plays to get in the in zone on their only TD starting from the one.

So after everyone else provides their eulogy, we can close the 2008 Michigan season and erase all of the tapes since all of the records and streaks built up over the last 100+ years have all been erased. The university president should just buy out Bill Martin, Rodriguez and the assistant coaches, find Gary Moeller and start over.
  9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

The Ohio Bleepin State loss I can deal with...

The loss to Toledo, I cant.

F RR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

President Mary Sue Coleman (I think) should fire the AD for bungling the hire and replace him with Lloyd Carr. I'm sure He would take care of this clown of a coach and send him on his way. Then Lloyd would go out and hire a MICHIGAN man, or at least someone who respects the traditions and understands the History. RR is nothing but a Filet-o-turd.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'll give him 4 years. Next year needs to be >.500. Year 3 needs to be Big Ten champ. Year 4 needs to be nat title chance.
  12. LA Dre

The problem is will he still be running the same type of plays and will he have a QB who knows what to with the ball??:mad: