U of M Wolverines thread 2007

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I just thought you guys might like a new thread. Your boys are playing better now and I would assume you would want to move on from the Appalachian State/Oregon stuff. But maybe I'm wrong...
  2. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Felt bad that Apple State was ranked higher than MSU last week in the AP rankings. This week, UM is 2 spots behind MSU in the AP ranking. I figured the UM reputation would have put US AHEAD IN THE POLLS by now............Figure on next week and UM will crack the top 25............State just cracks against Wisconsin.......
  3. Darth Tater

IMO I don't think either team should be ranked right now. U of M beat a crap Notre Dame squad and an overated Penn State. Big deal.

Sparty is 4-0 against...whom?

If Sparty wins next week, they deserve to be ranked at 5-0 and beating Wisconsin. I doubt they win that one, especially on the road.

U of M has Hart. That's it. I don't think any team that is 2-2 or 3-2 should be ranked in the top 25. They will /(SHOULD)beat up on Eastern and Northwestern. Big deal.
  4. Nemo

If both teams win next week.........MSU rated 17th.........UM 25th.

Michigan gets by on its reputation when it comes to the polls. State was only 17-21 in its last 38 with an excellent QB but a mediocre team.
    Pollsters waiting to see if STATE will finish strong this season........Michigan needs to gain a record of 7-2 before I'm happy again...........
  5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    We'll see what happens. Michigan won a couple after losing a couple. They have to win a few more before they should be ranked anywhere at all.
  6. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Funny, I had the same thought yesterday. Then I thought about restarting my UM/OSU thread again but I told myself naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Too early for that.
  7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I'm OK with the new thread, although I think all UM fans should be reminded of that opening-game debacle. :pound:IMO, UM should not be ranked the rest of the season, unless they beat Ohio State. They can't beat a spread offense. They can only win smash-mouth games. Rumor has it that Lloyd has never watched game film of any non-Big 10 teams.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Rumor has it that they were going to schedule Wofford for 2008 or 2009, but since Wofford cooled off Apple State this weekend, the AD is having second thoughts about it:). Is Slippery Rock available?
  9. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Hey, Harrison High has a good team. Maybe UofM should add them to the schedule for the next season.
  10. Nemo

Time to dust off the Wolverines thread. With 6 wins in a row, the Michigan team has made some great strides. A nice victory tonight with Mike Hart not playing and Chad Henne obviously injured as well. They look ready to at least challenge the remaining schedule, which looms very tough. Tied for the Big Ten lead is a very enviable position. Go Blue........
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Who would have thought they would become bowl eligible this soon or even this season after the two opening losses. To win without Hart today on foreign soil is eve more remarkable. The defense has really matured over the season... The way the top 20 teams have been falling lately it could be # 1 OSU vs #5 Michigan when they meet next month...
  12. Nemo

We better keep this between ourselves. There are some Spartan fans here who will gag at the thought.
  13. detteam

detteam All-Star

Don't start counting your chickens...UM has to pass through East Lansing first. :stirthepot:
  14. Nemo

I never feel the MSU is a gimmie game for UM. We lose too many of these contests when we're favored. Your team is on the rebound this season and it will be a good game. It would be nice though to be ranked high when we meet OSU...........
  15. ggazoo69

Michigan has a very tough November (and they shouldn't look past Minny either) at MSU, at Wisconsin and home vs. Ohio State, who Lloyd can't seem to beat.

They've won six in a row and I'm not really all that surprised. What surprises me is how poorly they began the season -- how unprepared they were. If I were the coach, I'd be kicking myself for not being 8-0 or at least 7-1.

They have four games left and I think they lose two of 'em. They finish 8-4 and Lloyd exits stage right. :) If they finish 10-2, Lloyd can say he turned the team around after the App. State fiasco, and he might possibly stay. Frankly, I don't think Lloyd can ever live down that App. State losss. But I respect Lloyd for not caring what others think. However, his days should be numbered IMO. Team needs a modern-day offense and more mobility at the QB position.

I did like the Arrington to Manningham TD play in yesterday's game and wonder why the offense doesn't do more misdirection like that. UM's offense is normally as predictable as a 10-piece jigsaw puzzle.
  16. Darth Tater

Seems like we beat U of M once a decade. I think we have a decent shot this time around.

Sorry, Nemo. But I HATE U of M. I hate the arrogance and sense of entitlement associated with it.

I can't stand some of the people I've met from there, but in all honesty I've met more really fantastic people from there than bad ones. Some are close friends. I certainly like all of the U of M fans on this forum.

But I hate that school. And...I love hating it.

I hope you guys lose all of your remaining games by 30 points.

Nuff said.:stirthepot:
  17. Nemo

Love your honesty......I've run into the "entitlement" fans at UM home games as well and they annoy me. I hope the Spartans win the rest of their games, except for when they play UM..........
  18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I respect UM, but how are they ranked and Boise State is not? I'm no fan of Boise State, but c'mon.

BYU has the same record as Michigan, and Michigan has had a pretty Charmin-soft schedule. I know the answer has something to do with UM's reputation, but I am still quite ticked off about it.
  19. Darth Tater

I hear you. The people out here think it's a joke too. The big schools are too afraid to play them for obvious reasons.

I'm no fan of BSU either, but I like to see them do well since my friends out here like them. They are a pretty good team. I'm not sure how they would do week in and week out in a big time conference though. It's hard to say since no big school will come out here to play them.
  20. ggazoo69

Not true. They opened up against Appalachian State, who is pretty tough I hear. :pound: